MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Technicolor

Default Disc Unreadable error.

Anybody have any information about this problem?

I've gotten it about 3 or 4 times in the past month alone, yet never had it pop up a single time from launch to mid-July. Currently have Gears 3 installed on my hard drive & have tried 2 different discs. It doesn't happen too often, but it's kind of annoying when it does!

Figured I'd take to the forums and see if there's any work-arounds that have fixed this issue or.... if I need to invest in a new console.
    .. And his own story was as curious as his narrative ..

Redeemer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BBH Rondeau04

I have never gotten this error. I have a newer console. I did get it a few times on the older while console. with various Games not just Gears
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Locust View Post
    People are hungry for codes, hungry. Food isn't worth anymore, code are. Give me some minutes, i'm going to eat my Classic hammy codes stock now, they taste like paper ;D

Redeemer

I think you should contact Xbox Support,

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: finRatman X3 PSN ID: Ratman_Fi

I have a similiar problem. The game freezes at one certain point in the first Act of the Campaign. I can never have those Campaign cheevos...
    Gamertag: finRatman X3 Gearhead since '06 ¡RageQuitPro! Start>Up>A>A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Need help with Gears 2 multiplayer achievements? Hit me up, and also check this thread out!

Special thanks for BRUTE, CaptainSlayer, Cher, CrabSonoshee, DarkAp89, Fallz, III LYCAN III, ipar, IrazorSHOTTZ, JAY UNIT11, NFI, Nunchake, Philnemba, PopeAdrian37th, Yosoypr and *Zap* for all the cool stuff!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: J0HN WAY PSN ID: Donbleets

I would also like to know if there is a possible solution to this besides sending it in preferably.

I've had this Xbox since '07 if i remember correctly, and am only now having problems with my games being read. And when i say problems i mean its been weeks since I've played anything on Xbox because it won't read my games.
    Does anyone know of a possible fix?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxT0rqu3 Vt3cxX

I got this message ever so often on my new xbox slim with it installed in the hard drive. After several times my GOW3 File got corrupt from this and I was reset. Be careful and make a back up on cloud or USB. After I was reset I didn't see this mesaage again until shortly later my campaign was reset. Ever since then I haven't seen this message in over four months now.
    Get your Warzoner number here!
    WARZONER 134

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

You may have a problem with your dvd drive. It usually starts out as a problem with one game and gradually gets worse until it won't read any discs. That's how it happened for me and many other people. I haven't had any issues with my regular slim or my Gears slim though.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: III LYCAN III

I had this problem with the disc error even though the disc was never taken out of the tray and was in mint condition
    The problem just seemed to sort out by itself and not sure what i did or did anything but i no longer get the error
    I know its not very helpful but i really didnt do much besides the usual checking disc and cleaning the disc tray
    Hope you get it sorted
    Twitter @IIILYCANIII

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TJY1972

This could be one of the possible problems...

Seems older xbox360's end up having problems reading the new higher capacity dvd's used for the 360.
    This new dvd's may stress the older 360's dvd players.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...y-disc-update/
    Very big THANKS to...
    EPIC + CHEEZMO619 + Flak + Cher + III LYCAN III + o WU LYF o + o RalstinatoR o + Eyedea + Total Eclipse + Viewing the hue + Yosoypr + SpinelessOyster
    ...you are all AWESOME!!

Special Thanks to
    + III LYCAN III's Daughter +
    + ToxicFlint +

Banned

I am having this problem too with only gears on a slim with a mint disk. called support and have tried literally everything. no dice.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It might be getting overheated. I remember when my old 360 started erroring out because the laser was going on and the temp in the room was high. Is your game installed on the hard drive or are you running straight off the disc. Installing it on the hard drive helps with keeping the laser from being overworked and temp down.
    Last edited by Project_Imperius; 08-21-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Project_Imperius View Post
    It might be getting overheated. I remember when my old 360 started erroring out because the laser was going on and the temp in the room was high. Is your game installed on the hard drive or are you running straight off the disc. Installing it on the hard drive helps with keeping the laser from being overworked and temp down.
    mines installed and does it the second i play even when the xbox has been off for a few days and I just turned it on. can't speak for the others.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o FroBro

When I start up Gears it sometimes pops this up too.It was so bad at one point I had to keep restarting Gow3 4 or 5 times before it would work.Even when I would find a ranked match right before it would start it would say DISC UNREADABLE leaving them with a bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambent Venom View Post
    Reset your router, try wired if you are using wireless, forward your ports, call your isp, and quit touching yourself at night.
    Thanks DarkAp89 and III LYCAN III for the codes.
    Still looking for an Adam Fenix, SGE, and Savage Kantus.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxT0rqu3 Vt3cxX

It would always say unreadable disk after a match. I deleted the file and dowloaded it again and it seemed to work for a while and then popped up again and next thing I knew I was reset. But like I said earlier I haven't seen this message in months. It only did it on my slim.
    Get your Warzoner number here!
    WARZONER 134

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

Quote Originally Posted by DenyThisFlesh View Post
    You may have a problem with your dvd drive. It usually starts out as a problem with one game and gradually gets worse until it won't read any discs. That's how it happened for me and many other people. I haven't had any issues with my regular slim or my Gears slim though.
    This was the issue with my old 360. It's not as bad as a red ring, but it will eventually degrade your Xbox to being able to play nothing.

For now, try installign the game to your HDD and see if it helps, but if this continues for much longer I'd suggest that you start saving up for a new 360. Like DenyThisFlesh said, the new 360s seem to work pretty nicely.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

MSgt. Shooter Person

is it just gears of war that its doing it with? if it is, its the disk. If its all your games its probably a laser problem, if your warranty has expired i suggest opening your xbox and moving the laser. theres plenty of guides on how to do this on youtube!
    "Uh... Razorhail?! Not so good for my life expectancy." — Damon Baird

"Dom: You hear that? What was that?"
    Marcus: "It's just the wind"
    Dom: "When's the last time the wind said "Hoosssttiiileesss" to you?"

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: III LYCAN III

Quote Originally Posted by Theronmaster View Post
    I am having this problem too with only gears on a slim with a mint disk. called support and have tried literally everything. no dice.
    I had the same problem with slim and mint disc and was happening only to Gears 3 , tried everything but it somehow corrected itself, it could be just overheating but i'm just guessing
    just keep an eye out for rank resets before you load up again as i got a few after the reading errors
    Twitter @IIILYCANIII

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spddrcr

I had the same problem as most yet it started to get to the point that the xbox would not read any disc's. found a solution on youtube on how to adjust the dvd drive. there are many question as how this happens or why but basically there are 2 small pot screws on the back of the eye assembly within the dvd drive and by adjusting the left one by a quarter turn to the left I have had zero problems with it reading discs.

!!!the only reason i tried this was because my xbox was out of warranty!!! if you still are within the warranty time period send the xbox in.
    if anyone needs the video i used on how to do the fix send me a pm as i am not sure what the rules are here about posting youtube video's of this nature.
    DO NOT BANG ON YOUR XBOX
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    thanks III LYCAN III for the dom code!!! and the Alex code!!!
    thanks to iR FunkyMonkey for the Anya code!!!!
    thanks to PopeAdrian37th for the Jungle Tai code!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Technicolor

Thanks for all the responses, guys. Lots of helpful tips.

I have a backup slim console standing by, just incase my Gears LE slim console wants to die on me. Think I'll try putting a fan on it, because the overheating thing makes sense due to where my console sits. Hopefully that fixes the problem, because I'd rather not have to deal with Microsoft or repair it myself.

Btw, this problem only started to occur AFTER being reset. Not sure if there's a link. But yeah, I've been backing up my save data ever since. Hard to lesson to learn, but.. it happens.
    .. And his own story was as curious as his narrative ..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by III LYCAN III View Post
    I had the same problem with slim and mint disc and was happening only to Gears 3 , tried everything but it somehow corrected itself, it could be just overheating but i'm just guessing
    just keep an eye out for rank resets before you load up again as i got a few after the reading errors
    yeah I have been and have a backup. just curious as to why it happens since I know it isn't overheated. (checked the disk on another box and it works so it rules out the disk itself)

Had this problem after I got updated today. The disc is brand new and as soon as I got to play the multiplayer it says its unreadable. I have the older xbox so thats prob my problem. I had 2 hours of arguing with xbox support to try sort this out for them just to shove me here. Not impressed and would love if this got fixed or sorted