Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Redeemer

Default The Dark Thoughts

When Siris opened the tomb,we know he regained some of Ausars memories. And we also know that every time Siris rebirths, The Dark Thoughts get stronger. I finally think TDT are getting to Siris. My reason is this: when you kill The Iron Hunter, Siris seems outraged and annoyed as if Ausar is there, not Siris. Ausar is finally coming out and Siris doesn't like it, obviously, but I think this thought overpowered Siris. IMO TDT said WEAKLING, HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE. HE SHOULD DIE. And then Siris killed him. To explain when you spare The Iron Hunter, Siris overpowered the thoughts. To people that haven't read IB:A this may not make sense.
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-
    -OG Code Follower-NG Code Follower-

"When They Put Aside The Masks, They Put Aside The God"

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think sparing the Iron Hunter is canon, while killing him is not.

Deathless

that begs the question: which outcome is canon? Does Siris spare the Iron Hunter in the story of the next game/book, or at this point have his Dark Thoughts become so strong that they control his actions? I never even considered that killing the Iron Hunter was the canon outcome, but this makes me wonder.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by ElPared View Post
    that begs the question: which outcome is canon? Does Siris spare the Iron Hunter in the story of the next game/book, or at this point have his Dark Thoughts become so strong that they control his actions? I never even considered that killing the Iron Hunter was the canon outcome, but this makes me wonder.
    That's a good question. If killing was canon that would be VERY cool IMO. This is the problem with putting choices like this in the game. We will just have to wait to find out, but the more and more I play IB I want to learn more about Ausar
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Laygh View Post
    That's a good question. If killing was canon that would be VERY cool IMO. This is the problem with putting choices like this in the game. We will just have to wait to find out, but the more and more I play IB I want to learn more about Ausar
    Same here. It sounds like Dungeons will explain a lot about Ausar the Terrible, though, fortunately.

I think killing him would be the most interesting route, but I have a feeling that Siris acquiring Torren's Legacy might be part of the story. Or maybe it's just there as an easter egg promotion for IB D, who knows. My question is: Since you need the IB to fight the Iron Hunter, what did Siris do with Raidriar's body while they fought? lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

What's so special about Torren's Legacy, anyway? The Iron Hunter said that it was built to be used against the Deathless, implying that it's something beyond a standard weapon. The Infinity Blade needed to be activated before its Deathless-killing properties set in, perhaps the same applies with Torren's Legacy? I'm not saying that the Legacy is another god killer, but it could be something.

Deathless

Maybe Torren's Legacy is Protoman and the IB is Megaman. TL was the first God Killer prototype, but it didn't quite work the way they'd planned so they had to start from scratch and make the Infinity Blade. The IB isn't as powerful as the original at first, but after it's been powered up by fighting the Deathless its potential is... Infinite (pun intended )

MSgt. Shooter Person

Same here. It sounds like Dungeons will explain a lot about Ausar the Terrible, though, fortunately.

I think killing him would be the most interesting route, but I have a feeling that Siris acquiring Torren's Legacy might be part of the story. Or maybe it's just there as an easter egg promotion for IB D, who knows. My question is: Since you need the IB to fight the Iron Hunter, what did Siris do with Raidriar's body while they fought? lol
    What if the IB series goes multiple paths like the walking dead games?
    Probably not, as I don't think that's how chair would do it.
    Dairy Club ID #1000000

Redeemer

Maybe Torren's Legacy is Protoman and the IB is Megaman. TL was the first God Killer prototype, but it didn't quite work the way they'd planned so they had to start from scratch and make the Infinity Blade. The IB isn't as powerful as the original at first, but after it's been powered up by fighting the Deathless its potential is... Infinite (pun intended )
    That's a good theory. Torrens Legacy dones have the looks to be God Killer. Now we need a dual weapon like this. Wink wink ChAIR
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitymaster View Post
    What if the IB series goes multiple paths like the walking dead games?
    Probably not, as I don't think that's how chair would do it.
    I was actually honking the same, maybe a hint at a " choose your own destiny" type game, Could be good, if the do it right. I was also thinking that Siris Dark thoughts kill the Hunter, I mean listen to the Iron Hunter scream, it's kind of upsetting! Which is really good if your trying to create the evil Ausar!

As for the Torren's Legacy.... Isn't it the weapon used in the Demos? Looks like a beginner weapon with minimal importance, which would leave me to believe that it Is just marketing .

EDIT: " honking" ??? Auto correct got me good on that one , I have to leave it!
    "Everberry Pie is to die for!"---Raidriar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oov4sUHDG3I -IB1 Story Slideshow

MSgt. Shooter Person

maybe some of these battles represent past events, like replaying siris's memories? just a thought...

Ment to post this somewhere else -.- sorry.
    Last edited by iForge; 08-18-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Like me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iF0rg3
    Dairy Club ID #13

Deathless

I think the the MX-...Enforcer? The big one. His weapon looks more like the one in the demo. Torren's Legacy is likely a near end game weapon. Think of Dungeons as Legend of Zelda. There are multiple weapons but you always end up with the Master Sword, even though there are better weapons (like the Megaton Hammer, Biggoron Sword, Ball and Chain, etc.)

I like the idea of killing the Iron Hunter being a Dark Thought playing out in Siris' head, like a dream sequence. But in actuality he spares him. Who knows though. I'm still having a hard time figuring out how the story comes together as far as in game events. Does Siris get the Vile items at all? if not does he still get the Holy Band? Does he even fight the Iron Hunter since he'd need the Infinity Blade to do that and the only canon way to do that is to get it from Raidriar? Does he fight Ryth in the story?

we need another fiction podcast haha

Redeemer

I think the the MX-...Enforcer? The big one. His weapon looks more like the one in the demo. Torren's Legacy is likely a near end game weapon. Think of Dungeons as Legend of Zelda. There are multiple weapons but you always end up with the Master Sword, even though there are better weapons (like the Megaton Hammer, Biggoron Sword, Ball and Chain, etc.)

I like the idea of killing the Iron Hunter being a Dark Thought playing out in Siris' head, like a dream sequence. But in actuality he spares him. Who knows though. I'm still having a hard time figuring out how the story comes together as far as in game events. Does Siris get the Vile items at all? if not does he still get the Holy Band? Does he even fight the Iron Hunter since he'd need the Infinity Blade to do that and the only canon way to do that is to get it from Raidriar? Does he fight Ryth in the story?

we need another fiction podcast haha
    That definetly makes sense. All the items seems more of gameplay thing rather than storyline. Some of the armor offers hints to the story but doesn't really seem possible. The Devs DEFINETLY didn't think of what's canon. I agree that there should be another podcast
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Redeemer

I dont know how to spell "definetly" xD
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Also, when you fight Radriar with the Infinity blade, once beaten- he throws his current infinity blade away- takes Radriars, and whacks him on the head with it... Doesn't that seem odd? Wouldn't Chair have made the game so that the Infinity blade cannot be equipped if your fighting Radriar? Or...

Maybe there are more than one Infinity Blades... That's what I think. There are a bunch of them...

MSgt. Shooter Person

I doubt that, but hey it's a thought
    LEVEL: 28 | ATK: 1785
    Infinity Blade, Sovereign, Crustak, Armor of Kings, Circle of Life
    $1,500,000+

[B]iPad Air 32GB-AT&T, White and Silver
    [B]iPhone 5S 32GB-AT&T, White and Silver

"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job...Because, he will find an easy way to do it"
    - Bill Gates

Deathless

it's certainly possible that there's more than one Infinity Blade, but I kinda doubt it. It'd be kind of a predictable and boring "plot twist," though: "Oh no! the Worker of secrets took the Infinity Blade and trapped me in here, what ever will I do!?" then Raidriar or Isa maybe says "Well, it just so happens there's another Infinity Blade somewhere in this castle, we just have to find it!"

Redeemer

it's certainly possible that there's more than one Infinity Blade, but I kinda doubt it. It'd be kind of a predictable and boring "plot twist," though: "Oh no! the Worker of secrets took the Infinity Blade and trapped me in here, what ever will I do!?" then Raidriar or Isa maybe says "Well, it just so happens there's another Infinity Blade somewhere in this castle, we just have to find it!"
    That would crush the storyline. I really hope they don't do something like that.
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LightRogue12

That would crush the storyline. I really hope they don't do something like that.
    Maybe the Infinity Blade that Siris (Ausar) is holding could be a prototype.
    Radriar: I'm sorry but I'm allergic to anything that contains the word, 'Infinity'.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Ausar2023 View Post
    Maybe the Infinity Blade that Siris (Ausar) is holding could be a prototype.
    Maybe... but it was brought up that Torrens Legacy looks more like a prototype
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey, you're talking about how Siris managed to get another IB before fighting Raidriar, but I think that this is way weirder: he BOUGHT the second IB with GOLD!!!!! IN A STOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???!!!!

Redeemer

I'd laugh if the shop had to do with the storyline
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Redeemer

I dont know how to spell "definetly" xD
    I ALWAYS spell it wrong!

Redeemer

Or Raidriar says "Good thing I have my backup Infinity Blade at my other castle! Let's go get'em guys!!"

OH GOD I hope that never happens, Or something dumb like, -----Raidriar was given the "fake" Infinity Blade, just to keep him occupied for a millenia, until the WoS could get free!

I think the Mustard's have this one well planned out though.

But it still bugs me that for 3 updates the Worker of Secrets had an Infinity Blade on his back when you fight Thane in the Vault. (they finally removed it in the last update) It didn't just show up there, a game developer made the decision to put it there, but why? I mean, it's not going to be canon, but there still had to be a reason

That would be a riot though, if there was a shop that sold swords. The storeowner would be like "AGAIN???"

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by synge32 View Post
    Or Raidriar says "Good thing I have my backup Infinity Blade at my other castle! Let's go get'em guys!!"

OH GOD I hope that never happens, Or something dumb like, -----Raidriar was given the "fake" Infinity Blade, just to keep him occupied for a millenia, until the WoS could get free!

I think the Mustard's have this one well planned out though.

But it still bugs me that for 3 updates the Worker of Secrets had an Infinity Blade on his back when you fight Thane in the Vault. (they finally removed it in the last update) It didn't just show up there, a game developer made the decision to put it there, but why? I mean, it's not going to be canon, but there still had to be a reason

That would be a riot though, if there was a shop that sold swords. The storeowner would be like "AGAIN???"
    the WoS IB was just a bug. When they designed the WoS they probably only designed him to hold one sword: the Infinity Blade. So they built his model with the IB on his back, like Siris, but they made it invisible like the Solar Trans Blades, and for that one fight with Thane 3 the animator or maybe the programmer forgot to set the "visibility" attribute on his IB to 0 instead of 1. It's an easy mistake to make, I do it every now and then when I work in 3D too.

Tell you what... Those Chair fellows probably get a laugh at all our wild speculation.. that's for sure.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy406 View Post
    Tell you what... Those Chair fellows probably get a laugh at all our wild speculation.. that's for sure.
    They do laugh at us as they already have everything figured out
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy406 View Post
    Either that or they're going "damn, why didn't we think of that?"

Iron Guard

Either that or they're going "damn, why didn't we think of that?"
    I think they probably respect our passion for the story and our need for answers, but yeah, I think they have a laugh too

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by raygrid View Post
    I think they probably respect our passion for the story and our need for answers, but yeah, I think they have a laugh too
    That may just be the case. Does anyone have more theories about TDT before this thread gets buried?
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-