Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FLboy

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    IF a new rifle was to be added it should be Classic Hammerburst. That way we have Lancer and Retro Lancer + Hammerburst and Classic Hammerburst.
    I agree the classic Hammerburst would be awesome!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt Reed 24

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDodger View Post
    Well in Gears 1, I remember something along the lines of after E-day and the weeks following, they scavanged the dead for their weapons, including the Longshot, Lancer, etc...

THe Locust have some weapons: HB, Torque, Boomshot (i'm pretty sure), Gorgon, Digger, Ink, Troika
    Right, but most of those are the power weapons.

Like... the hammy is their only regular weapon. Why not have a locust sniper variant, snub variant, gnasher variant, etc. Basically some other starting weapons besides the hammy.
    Seriously B4 host achievement in Gears 1
    [Ranked TDM K/D: 1.7] - [Ranked TDM W/L: 1.5]
    [Electric Hammerburst] - [Electric Gnasher]
    Always looking for TEAM players
    Major thanks to III LYCAN III and Baird's Shadow for the LGS and SGE!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Real Aggressive

Only if you rush in a clustered group. Have run in solo while others follow. Now the SO is useless. He may get 1 kill and then die.
    Any gun is useless unless you know how to use it

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

The last time EPIC added a rifle to the game we got the Retro Lancer.

I've lost all faith that they can add a balanced weapon. Just leave us with what we have, please.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Baird 49 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. They made some powerful weapons but yet still picked up Gears' weapons. Would be great to see what else EPIC could give us in terms of UIR weapons and extra locust weaponry. They will be introducing some new weapons, like the retro SOS, it has a nasty bayonette on the front of it. I am not sure whether it will be seen in multiplayer or not.
    Yeah, why not give them some weapons to be the counterparts to the COG weapons? Rather than just giving them power weapons. lol

Say, give them a sniper variant with completely different aesthetics from the COG sniper and say make it where you "paint" your target with the first shot and have the second shot be a one shot gib if you can still see your target lol. Obviously a COG sniper could take out this sniper with a headshot before the other could get the gib shot off, but if they miss... they're dead!

Also, throw in some unique looking and handling UIR weapons and you'll have:

lancer, hammy, retro, uir rifle
    gnasher, sawed-off, locust shotty, uir shotty.

More Variety! XD

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BL4ck0uT MH53

Quote Originally Posted by SgtReed24 View Post
    Yeah, why not give them some weapons to be the counterparts to the COG weapons? Rather than just giving them power weapons. lol

Say, give them a sniper variant with completely different aesthetics from the COG sniper and say make it where you "paint" your target with the first shot and have the second shot be a one shot gib if you can still see your target lol. Obviously a COG sniper could take out this sniper with a headshot before the other could get the gib shot off, but if they miss... they're dead!

Also, throw in some unique looking and handling UIR weapons and you'll have:

lancer, hammy, retro, uir rifle
    gnasher, sawed-off, locust shotty, uir shotty.

More Variety! XD
    Exactly, Adding new weapons would make Gears feel fresh and more exciting. Older players would need to adjust while new players get the hang of the mechanics. That would allow new players to feel more competitive rather than them feeling like "well here is another 12 deaths and no kills." I am all for variety ever since playing CoD and Battle Field. Yes, i said CoD and Battle Field. They are good games in their own respects but Gears is my favorite. The Variety of.weapons in those games (mostly Battle Field) gave players the sense that they don't have to use what everyone else is using and that they could find the weapon that worked for them. This is exactly what gears is missing. I love the Lancer and Gnasher, but they are getting old. Plus, new weapons = new competitiveness, new balancing and new executions

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Variety is the way to go, just like how people want a variety of character. Using the same characters over and over gets stale and boring which is why Epic gave us more characters in multiplayer.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    The last time EPIC added a rifle to the game we got the Retro Lancer.

I've lost all faith that they can add a balanced weapon. Just leave us with what we have, please.
    Well, if that is your opinion then I will not try to change your view.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Exactly, Adding new weapons would make Gears feel fresh and more exciting. Older players would need to adjust while new players get the hang of the mechanics. That would allow new players to feel more competitive rather than them feeling like "well here is another 12 deaths and no kills." I am all for variety ever since playing CoD and Battle Field. Yes, i said CoD and Battle Field. They are good games in their own respects but Gears is my favorite. The Variety of.weapons in those games (mostly Battle Field) gave players the sense that they don't have to use what everyone else is using and that they could find the weapon that worked for them. This is exactly what gears is missing. I love the Lancer and Gnasher, but they are getting old. Plus, new weapons = new competitiveness, new balancing and new executions
    Yes, new strategies/tactics and ways to play the game are needed. Staying the same will obviously interest the older players, but that fan base (of which I am a part) can only be milked so much. You need new players to keep franchises alive and I don't ever want to see Gears die as it's my favorite shooter.

The original weapons will all still be there, but you'll have other options that are just as good (not better) as the old options. The maps will still be laid out the same, cover still important, map control and power weapons still important, etc.

This is the reason I like Halo Reach over 2 and 3, b/c they added new wrinkles to the MP in armor abilities... the same ol same ol gets stale.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Just saying, when it comes to COD, there is a large amount of weapons but there's not really any difference between them. All of them kill in the same amount of time (like half a second). They just look different and have different speeds, really.

Well, if that is your opinion then I will not try to change your view.
    Thanks. Nice to see some people can actually respect different opinions.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    Just saying, when it comes to COD, there is a large amount of weapons but there's not really any difference between them. All of them kill in the same amount of time (like half a second). They just look different and have different speeds, really.
    LOL! True, CoD weapons are all the same, but that is why EPIC is so much better. Each weapon serves a different purpose and EPIC could install new and original weapons that could spice up the mechanics and competition. It is't like I want another Lancer with a different skin, just new weapons that are unique to themselves.

Thanks. Nice to see some people can actually respect different opinions.
    Your opinion is what make you, well, you lol! If everyone had the same opinion then there would be no arguments or progress. Even though some people support my opinion they bring new twists and ideas to make them stronger.

LOL! True, CoD weapons are all the same, but that is why EPIC is so much better. Each weapon serves a different purpose and EPIC could install new and original weapons that could spice up the mechanics and competition. It is't like I want another Lancer with a different skin, just new weapons that are unique to themselves.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yes, new strategies/tactics and ways to play the game are needed. Staying the same will obviously interest the older players, but that fan base (of which I am a part) can only be milked so much. You need new players to keep franchises alive and I don't ever want to see Gears die as it's my favorite shooter.

The original weapons will all still be there, but you'll have other options that are just as good (not better) as the old options. The maps will still be laid out the same, cover still important, map control and power weapons still important, etc.

This is the reason I like Halo Reach over 2 and 3, b/c they added new wrinkles to the MP in armor abilities... the same ol same ol gets stale.
    And the fact that original weapons will still be there should be enough to comfort the opposition into knowing that they can still use their precious gnasher and rush into battle. The rest of us will have new and exciting weapons to experiment with and call our new favorite! As of right now I cannot say I have a favorite because there are so few weapons that I continue to wonder what else could be created. After all, innovating new ways to make what already is stronger is what keeps progress moving forward.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Without change, where would Gears be today? The Lancer, and Gnasher blah blah blah, Gnasher rushers win again! It won't be like the original guns won't be there, they would be adding much needed variety of weapons that, in a way, will balance the game even more. A UIR rifle, shotgun, pistol, sniper etc... to compete with the COG weaponry in multiplayer would add a spark of competitiveness and to see who is better with each weapon. The gnasher does not have a counterpart and the HB does not compete with the full auto Lancer. Plus the UIR were reformed into the COG army after E-Day so it makes perfect sense.
    I wasnt saying change is a totally bad thing digger, 1shot, semi auto hammerburst, cover system modification in gears 2, all great additions to the game.
    Change is good provided it is done correctly and dosent interfere with the core game too much. As retro and sawed off do. In response to you saying that all I want is a gnasher dominated game
    I want this
    rifles for support fire from a distance.
    Gnasher for close range slaying.
    That is all
    The retro and buffed rifles in general disrupt the above.
    I hate the word Adapt when it is used in the context of shooters. All it is is a bad justification for when your favorite weapon is onto a good thing. Near launch all the sawed off fans were saying adapt to the gnasher community. After the sawed off was nerfed the sawed off community complained and guess what the gnasher fans were saying.... thats right adapt.Please take the time to read this thread
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ad-For-Prequel

MSgt. Shooter Person

Which reminds me... I think they should have more locuts variants rather than just the hammy. Like why are the locust using COG sniper rifles and such? lol
    I will tell you provided you dont mind spoilers.
    I hate the word Adapt when it is used in the context of shooters. All it is is a bad justification for when your favorite weapon is onto a good thing. Near launch all the sawed off fans were saying adapt to the gnasher community. After the sawed off was nerfed the sawed off community complained and guess what the gnasher fans were saying.... thats right adapt.Please take the time to read this thread

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I will tell you provided you dont mind spoilers.
    Go ahead! I don't mind spoilers

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I wasnt saying change is a totally bad thing digger, 1shot, semi auto hammerburst, cover system modification in gears 2, all great additions to the game.
    Change is good provided it is done correctly and dosent interfere with the core game too much. As retro and sawed off do. In response to you saying that all I want is a gnasher dominated game
    I want this
    rifles for support fire from a distance.
    Gnasher for close range slaying.
    That is all
    The retro and buffed rifles in general disrupt the above.
    Trust me... I know the Mk. 1 Lancer and the SOS were disruptive additions. But only because they did not give them counterparts. IMO the Hammy does not counterpart the Lancer, at all. When I say we need new weapons(main assault rifles) people get scared and immediately oppose it because of what happened with the retro lancer and the SOS. I can assure you that i do not want those again, but rather counterparts the the Gnasher, Lancer Mk.2, Long shot and the HB. NOT like the Retro or SOS.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

And the fact that original weapons will still be there should be enough to comfort the opposition into knowing that they can still use their precious gnasher and rush into battle. The rest of us will have new and exciting weapons to experiment with and call our new favorite! As of right now I cannot say I have a favorite because there are so few weapons that I continue to wonder what else could be created. After all, innovating new ways to make what already is stronger is what keeps progress moving forward.
    I think I love you. LOL! :P

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I think I love you. LOL! :P
    I am hoping you are a girl...LOL

MSgt. Shooter Person

Go ahead! I don't mind spoilers
    NOt reallly a spoiler actually more of atheory attained from people reading the collectables.

I wont post here in case the spoiler police are on duty but there is a thread by joveus somewhere in the campain section if I remember correctly.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SilentCO1

I want to see either a LMG with higher RoF than the Lancer but less accuracy (Basically a better version of the Retro without a bayonet) or an SMG, but not like the Gorgon. High RoF, low accuracy, but good damage in CQC. I love Gears' close combat, so guns other than the Gnasher that are well balanced would be awesome.
    Thanks so much to:
    SoullessKassidy; for the Infected Omen skins,
    III LYCAN III; for the Commando Dom, Severspine; for the Liquid Green Skins

Onyx Gnasher||Imulsion Lancer||ThunderStorm Hammerburst
    Minh Young Kim/Golden Gear|| Lvl. 54 ||Golden Hunter/Savage Kantus (LE)

Banned
    Gamer IDs

NOt reallly a spoiler actually more of atheory attained from people reading the collectables.

I wont post here in case the spoiler police are on duty but there is a thread by joveus somewhere in the campain section if I remember correctly.
    Could you E-mail me?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SilentCO1 View Post
    I want to see either a LMG with higher RoF than the Lancer but less accuracy (Basically a better version of the Retro without a bayonet) or an SMG, but not like the Gorgon. High RoF, low accuracy, but good damage in CQC. I love Gears' close combat, so guns other than the Gnasher that are well balanced would be awesome.
    Actually when you mentioned the smg, I was thinking along those lines as well. Actually more of a carbine version of the Lancer+Snub pistol combined if that were to be the case. The LMG idea sounds pretty legit as well!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Trust me... I know the Mk. 1 Lancer and the SOS were disruptive additions. But only because they did not give them counterparts. IMO the Hammy does not counterpart the Lancer, at all. When I say we need new weapons(main assault rifles) people get scared and immediately oppose it because of what happened with the retro lancer and the SOS. I can assure you that i do not want those again, but rather counterparts the the Gnasher, Lancer Mk.2, Long shot and the HB. NOT like the Retro or SOS.
    I think Im good with the gears 2 loadout options, but if there must be a new starter I want it to be a Bolt action Battlefile like KAR98K.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Could you E-mail me?
    There it is
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-of-the-Locust
    It should tell you why.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I am hoping you are a girl...LOL
    lol, nope.

Just mean I like the way you think. Didn't think I'd have to add any "no homo" sayings. haha

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vancouva

I want to see the Classic Hammerburst return.
    The Finger of Doom achievement should've been called...

"License to Kryll"

Banned
    Gamer IDs

lol, nope.

Just mean I like the way you think. Didn't think I'd have to add any "no homo" sayings. haha
    lol! I know what you meant. I am just a smart a$$ sometimes. But I agree, we have some great ideas to take Gears further. I hope EPIC could at least read into these ideas and consider them.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infect My Omen

That 180 degree arc has been LONG addressed. That was fixed back in October. Move on from Epic's mistake there. It's been LONG addressed.
    That's true. At this point in time, the SO is obviously much weaker compared to the gnasher. However, I hate the tactics the SO promotes. They either run away after they miss/kill you, or they melee you down. I hate those because it just seems to...I don't know, I can't describe it. Ruin the flow of gameplay, almost. Now don't get me wrong, those two options are really the only choices aside from switching to your rifle/snub, so I don't really blame the people that do it so much as the weapon itself.
    "I'll take a chip.....and EAT IT!"

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infect My Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouva View Post
    I want to see the Classic Hammerburst return.
    I can't give you a link, but I believe several people have stated that EPIC will not make a complete burst weapon again. Meaning the original Hammerburst and Gorgon, not the retro or the new Hammerburst.
    "I'll take a chip.....and EAT IT!"

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHORT OF NOBB

Well the main weapon of the pendulum wars was the retro lancer, the chainsaw bayonet was only added to the lancer about 6months-1 year after e-day so that wrong be in the game from the start. The hammerburst is a locust weapon so during the beginin of the game during the pendulum wars side of the game they won't e able to use that, my idea for the new weapon would have to be the original lancer no attachments or a completely new weapon from the UIR also new shotgun take out sawed off as that was only invented after gears 2 so new shotgun please

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reapergameboss

A new rifle. Umm one word retro. I prefer stale over epics new ideas of rifles. No thanx
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE ONYX GUARD "NEVER PLAY ALONE"
    THE RETRO ISN'T THE PROBLEM. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE I DO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12