Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IB3 wishlist

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by raygrid View Post
    IDK, unless there is a verified source it is speculation.
    I found this article on pocket gamer = here
    Dairy Club ID #1000000

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodshadow View Post
    I would also like to see more equipment that have additional properties when some "special conditions" are met. For example, we already have the Solar Trans weapons; their special condition is having elemental attack gems put into them, and the additional property is multiplying the elemental attack gems' powers by 10. We can be more specific, such as having some sword that, upon having a Light Attack Gem of at least +200 and a Magic Stat Gem of at least +100 put into it, gives the player a Light 8 spell in addition to whatever spells he already has. These special conditions need not to be gems only; they could be other conditions like equipping a certain set of items or having drank a certain potion. The additional properties need not to be always positive; there can be some sort of penalty for using some specific combination of items together. Like the Solar Trans weapons, there should be a notice popping up when a special condition has been met.

Lastly, I would like to see more "sequential" battles. We already have two of those, one in each Infinity Blade game; the first one is Archarin climbing out of Zero Mech after it is defeated, and the second is the Bog Giant transforming into the Moss Golem after it is defeated. There will be no opportunities to use potions or switch equipment between sequential fights, so it should add more challenge and variety to the battles.
    Nice ideas I would love more sequential battles, especially as boss fights. (Thane kinda counts, but Bog Giant -> Moss Golem is awesome, I want more of that).

I like the idea of weapons with special qualities. And I'd love to see the Spectrum Gem have a Lady Finger effect when you strike too (to go along with your special effect for elements thing). using gems to grant bonus spells is a splendid idea too. What if the Irridix gave you a special spell when you put a specific combination of gems in it? That'd be pretty cool

I don't think elements should have those abilities you said, rather I think the spells of those elements should. Like, they should still do that kind of elemental damage but there should be added effects like you said. So the Dragoor Scale for example would hit for fire damage and cause burning like you said, but a sword with a fire gem in it would not. Or if it did, there's only a chance to cause burning based on the level of the gem (so fire +400 would be the cap at a 20% chance but fire +50 would be like 3%)

Quote Originally Posted by ElPared View Post
    I don't think elements should have those abilities you said, rather I think the spells of those elements should. Like, they should still do that kind of elemental damage but there should be added effects like you said. So the Dragoor Scale for example would hit for fire damage and cause burning like you said, but a sword with a fire gem in it would not. Or if it did, there's only a chance to cause burning based on the level of the gem (so fire +400 would be the cap at a 20% chance but fire +50 would be like 3%)
    I think regular weapon attacks should have special effects, so that the enemies, not just the player, can have those special effects too. This gives another level of challenge to enemies with elemental attacks.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitymaster View Post
    I found this article on pocket gamer = here
    Thanks. I followed the link to the interviw they mention in the artice which is the prime source. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...pic-games.aspx

So it was Epic in N.C. that developed IB D. They were just looking at new things they could do and were looking at moble gaming since until that point only Chair had done mobile games for Epic. While it didn't start as an IB game from inception, hopefully it became IB earliy enough that some solid story points are there. The comparison to Pokemon did not give me warm fuzzies.

So I take away two things from this. 1) I am a bit worried that it will fall flat in terms of what it actually delivers storywise. 2) I hope that the hand-off to Impossibe Studios doesn't cause further delay.

Deathless

I think regular weapon attacks should have special effects, so that the enemies, not just the player, can have those special effects too. This gives another level of challenge to enemies with elemental attacks.
    that's a good point, I was just thinking that Spells aren't really worth it when you have a weapon of that element that does more damage than the spell ever could. I kinda just want there to be a bonus for using spells other than Healing. I mean, I never use damage spells, I only ever use healing magic, especially when I have a Solar Trans sword that does 5000 fire damage. A Fire spell just can't compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by raygrid View Post
    Is this fact or speculation?
    It is fact.
    I don't care if I'm one of them. I will free mankind, I will do what is right.

IB2 lvl 2k Club ID#17
    The Pantheon Club ID#11
    God King Club ID#15(total 5:1)(Ultimate GK slayer)
    (MX-Eliminator) (Leg Fighter Pro) (Lupun Doom)
    Dairy Club ID #1 XD

Quote Originally Posted by ElPared View Post
    that's a good point, I was just thinking that Spells aren't really worth it when you have a weapon of that element that does more damage than the spell ever could. I kinda just want there to be a bonus for using spells other than Healing. I mean, I never use damage spells, I only ever use healing magic, especially when I have a Solar Trans sword that does 5000 fire damage. A Fire spell just can't compete with that.
    Maybe the status effects inflicted by spells should be more potent, and that they will take effect even if the enemy is resistant to that element?

Deathless

Maybe the status effects inflicted by spells should be more potent, and that they will take effect even if the enemy is resistant to that element?
    I like that. Resisted Fire does less damage but causes burning anyways... cool

I read somewhere before that someone suggested a Fencer class, in which a light weapon is wielded without a shield. That person also mentioned a "riposte" mechanic for the Fencer class, where a normal, non-scratch hit can be performed immediately after parrying an attack. I want to expand upon the Fencer class a bit.

The Fencer class has no shield, so it cannot block, but can move as nimbly as the Dual class (i.e. same number of dodges). Its attack speed is the same as the Light class. After every parry, a single stab attack can be made that deals full damage, known as a riposte (for some gameplay justification, using a shield prevents you from being nimble enough to pull this off, dual weapons do not carry enough force to create openings for ripostes, and heavy weapons are not nimble enough). At any time, by swiping with both fingers, you can perform a slash attack using both hands, dealing greater damage, but this attack is as slow as a heavy weapon attack; some more complex combos can be made with normal and slash attacks. After using the super attack, the stab circles of the Fencer class are the same as the Light class. In a way, the Fencer class incorporates elements from all three normal classes.

Someone mentioned that you can perform shield bash attacks by dragging the shield icon up; I want to expand on this idea a bit too. You can drag your shield icon up for a forward shield bash, or left or right for shield bashes in those directions. Shield bash attacks deal less damage than normal sword attacks, but cannot be blocked by the enemy, and deals the same damage even if the enemy is not broken. If you shield bash in the same direction as the enemy's next attack (similar to directional blocking for heavy weapons), you'll interrupt that attack and deal damage at the same time; otherwise you hit the enemy but the enemy hits you too. Unblockable attacks probably can't be interrupted by shield bashes, and both combatants will be hit in this situation (e.g. shield bash vs shield bash). A catch for the shield bash attack is that it is physically taxing to use, so it costs your dodge gauge, and overuse will lead to exhaustion. Shield icons obviously aren't draggable for the Heavy class, as you have no shield nor dodge gauge when using a heavy weapon.

Many people have suggested a Staff class, but I'm not quite sure how to expand on it. Should it be able to dodge, or block? How fast should it hit, and how hard? Right now I'm thinking that it's a complex and somewhat difficult to use class, with dodge and block buttons in all three directions. All three shield icons will be draggable in three directions, allowing "counterattacks" similar to shield bash attacks mentioned above but more complex. After using a super attack, maybe a single stab attack will be allowed that deals massive damage. I don't have many concrete ideas at this point.

Deathless

the fencer idea was me. A two handed swing defeats the purpose of fencing IMO, but it could work, maybe as a combo finisher or something. I also pictured the defensive attacks as being conditional. You should only get the chance to Riposte if you parry the opposite direction of the swing which exposes their chest to your stab. It should also stab for double damage plus elemental damage since you have to do it the right way to get the opportunity. I also think it'd be cool if you had the chance to do a Slash move, like with Heavy, when you dodge such that it exposes your opponent's back (the two handed swing would make sense here actually).

glad you liked the idea

MSgt. Shooter Person

perhaps new ways to increase the power of the infinity blade special moves and something special ? dual infinity blade options ? the game is called infinity blade right? ive mastered the infinity blade now and am force to use other weapons else the xp points are wasted.

If you really want an infinitely upgradable weapon, just make a weapon that multiplies the power of any Attack Stat Gems put into it by a certain number, similar to elemental attack gems with Solar Trans weapons. Attack Stat Gems are infinitely upgradable, but doing so definitely isn't easy.

Redeemer

If you really want an infinitely upgradable weapon, just make a weapon that multiplies the power of any Attack Stat Gems put into it by a certain number, similar to elemental attack gems with Solar Trans weapons. Attack Stat Gems are infinitely upgradable, but doing so definitely isn't easy.
    An idea worthy for the Infinity Blade itself.

Deathless

agree with Squashy. The Infinity Blade should do this with its two non-square gem slots (only the Solar Trans should do it for elemental damage imo)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Support ipad 2 and release ib3 asap.

Veteran

I was discussing about this with grantnoe just recently but... anyone would like to see Siris using the transportation rings used by GK (in both IB1 and IB2) to "summon" his weapons upon battle?

It would be great if ChAIR release in IB3 transportation rings with adjustable variety in the color effects of the ring. I'm thinking of like 11 different rings: 1 ring having no effects (like IB2 GK's) and the other 10 rings each having IB1 GK's "smoke" effects of one of the colors of the 8 elements + "Spectrum element" + "Darkfire element". A "Fire effect" ring for instance will emit a "smoke" with a reddish color similar to that of a Fire-gem-attached Solar Trans-wep, which makes sense because solar trans-wep uses transportation ring technology too. I can imagine my favourite to be "Poison ring", "Water ring"/IB-style ring, "Dark ring" and "Darkfire ring".
    How can we do our best to inform ChAIR of such awesome requests I wonder...

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Majesty View Post
    I was discussing about this with grantnoe just recently but... anyone would like to see Siris using the transportation rings used by GK (in both IB1 and IB2) to "summon" his weapons upon battle?

It would be great if ChAIR release in IB3 transportation rings with adjustable variety in the color effects of the ring. I'm thinking of like 11 different rings: 1 ring having no effects (like IB2 GK's) and the other 10 rings each having IB1 GK's "smoke" effects of one of the colors of the 8 elements + "Spectrum element" + "Darkfire element". A "Fire effect" ring for instance will emit a "smoke" with a reddish color similar to that of a Fire-gem-attached Solar Trans-wep, which makes sense because solar trans-wep uses transportation ring technology too. I can imagine my favourite to be "Poison ring", "Water ring"/IB-style ring, "Dark ring" and "Darkfire ring".
    +1 is the norm, but in this case, +1000
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Blademaster

Okay so here is an idea:

Take advantage of the chips in varying devices (like how the iPad and iPhone have different graphics levels).

I would love to see what you can do with the iPhone 5 A6 chip and beyond. Like the light rays, add particles like rain, snow, dust, or leaves into the air.

But here is what I really would like. The armor in IB2 is still blurry in some of those close up shots. Now look at this Siris promo pic:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

That same level of detail is not reflected in the game:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

One way to improve the look of the armor (even if the rough detail can't be added) is by giving it a glean! Armor is shiny! It is really shiny in the promo pics! Why is it flat in the game?

And one final idea for now: we LOVE the multiple environments. In IB2 the environments were certainly weighed towards the Vault of Tears over Saydhi's estate, but that's fine considering the storyline. I would love to see more deathless in their native environments (palaces, castles, etc.), each with an equal amount of focus.

HOPEFULLY I am not too late in saying all of this!

edit: Also, shout out to Vile Majesty's idea above. I've wanted that transportation ring since before I knew I existed but it needs to have that smokey feature- that is what makes it awesome. Maybe this could be like a special perk that can be bought or earned- not any mere mortal can have this power

And a little while ago someone mentioned making the IB more powerful and able to be wielded as any of all three of the classes. I really like these ideas. The game is named after this blade after all- the dual and heavy wielders should be able to use it as well
    Last edited by grantnoe; 09-24-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

I wish they add a clock. I wanna now how many time I spent in the game.
    "He thought I'd betray my people, leave them to die. But he was wrong, so wrong. I will do my duty. For I am a king."
    -Raidriar

|Total 5:1|MX-Eliminator|Leg Fighter Pro|Ultimate God King Slayer|
    Percentage for every combo/hit - Every Class List
    Guide of every Hit Bound Break Window and Perfect Block/Parry caps

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Farfield View Post
    Interesting. There's the clock tower room in Saranthia but Siris is always around somewhere without a clock. But the clock better not show in-game time or else it might break players' sense of time flow within the game. I'd therefore rather Apple include Date&Time in the notification center so I can drag it down to see the time when I feel like it, without needing to hide the game in background or lock my device first.

Blademaster

OOH that reminds me- good idea. That should come with an in-game recorder so that we can film our own fights. That would be a great addition.
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by grantnoe View Post
    OOH that reminds me- good idea. That should come with an in-game recorder so that we can film our own fights. That would be a great addition.
    +1111. Or maybe +OVER 9000!!!!! (rofl) a recorder that also records cutscene would be even better since we can customize our character's appearance in cutscenes.

Blademaster

+1111. Or maybe +OVER 9000!!!!! (rofl) a recorder that also records cutscene would be even better since we can customize our character's appearance in cutscenes.
    Hm we should take a vote on this one, because It think this idea will have a lot of lovers, and a lot of haters:

fewer in-battle cutscenes. For me, they always disrupt the play flow, and they have seemingly no function (except to signal the start and end of the three stages of battle). I understand that we have them to move around while fighting, but is there any way to move without a cutscene perhaps?
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Blademaster

Geez I am just doing a lot of wishing right now...

what if we could change classes to have the look and size of certain titans. Why? idk, just for the fun of it. Wouldn't you want to be an eyeless noc fighting a small human??
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

MSgt. Shooter Person

Parry All Attacks gem.

That is all

Veteran

Hm we should take a vote on this one, because It think this idea will have a lot of lovers, and a lot of haters:

fewer in-battle cutscenes. For me, they always disrupt the play flow, and they have seemingly no function (except to signal the start and end of the three stages of battle). I understand that we have them to move around while fighting, but is there any way to move without a cutscene perhaps?
    I'll say "No need to" but what I care more is that: (1) in-battle cutscenes can be fast-forwarded for the most part (ideal for me would be at least 90%) like they are right now (guess some players appreciate a "cutscene break" when they're hanging on tight during a long duel); (2) in-battle cutscenes do not interrupt your combos & break windows, be them time-bound or hit-bound.

Blademaster

I'll say "No need to" but what I care more is that: (1) in-battle cutscenes can be fast-forwarded for the most part (ideal for me would be at least 90%) like they are right now (guess some players appreciate a "cutscene break" when they're hanging on tight during a long duel); (2) in-battle cutscenes do not interrupt your combos & break windows, be them time-bound or hit-bound.
    That's a good compromise
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Blademaster

SPEAK PANGEAN WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES PLEASE

It was so much cooler when the god king had a deep voice in a different language. In IB2 he has developed this robotic sounding british accent lol
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

MSgt. Shooter Person

They read the forums, so don't worry about that, but if you're that worried you can send a tweet to someone from Chair (for example Donald Mustard) regarding this thread, but I don't find it necessary. I'm sure that some wishes/requests will be in IB3.

It was so much cooler when the god king had a deep voice in a different language. In IB2 he has developed this robotic sounding british accent lol
    They could make it an option. I remember that some iTunes users who reviewed the game said that they didn't like the VO from the first IB due to its language while other users liked it, so I think that an option to select between English and Pangean would be better than only Pangean or only English.
    Last edited by VaroFN; 09-24-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
    They read the forums, so don't worry about that, but if you're that worried you can send a tweet to someone from Chair (for example Donald Mustard) regarding this thread, but I don't find it necessary. I'm sure that some wishes/requests will be in IB3.
    Let's hope for it.
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Veteran

+100. Which is what makes the "quote" in my sig funny in a way. Well that sentence is one of my favourite IB2 quote, though partly because how amusing it can be depending on your perspective. But as Varo said, everything is perfect when they can be turn on/off in the settings, including Pangean/English audio turnover.

As of v1.31, I would like ChAIR to keep introducing more item set bonuses! Also some has mentioned that a map of all possible routes in the main environment in IB3, available or locked, would be helpful to help keep track of your journey. That would be sweet especially for players not familiar with all the routes yet.

Last of all, I hope we'd be able to wield different weapons during a fight in IB3. Possible combinations include: two different Heavy wep, two different Dual wep one on each hand, two different Dual wep combined together to form a quarterstaff-sort of wep class, 1 Light and 1 Dual wep one on each hand, Light-&-Shield with shield being an offensive weapon (if a Cavalier can perform shield bashes, why can't Siris?), etc.
    Last edited by Vile Majesty; 09-24-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Blademaster

+100. Which is what makes the "quote" in my sig funny in a way. Well that sentence is one of my favourite IB2 quote, though partly because how amusing it can be depending on your perspective. But as Varo said, everything is perfect when they can be turn on/off in the settings, including Pangean/English audio turnover.

As of v1.31, I would like ChAIR to keep introducing more item set bonuses! Also some has mentioned that a map of all possible routes in the main environment in IB3, available or locked, would be helpful to help keep track of your journey. That would be sweet especially for players not familiar with all the routes yet.

Last of all, I hope we'd be able to wield different weapons during a fight in IB3. Possible combinations include: two different Heavy wep, two different Dual wep one on each hand, two different Dual wep combined together to form a quarterstaff-sort of wep class, 1 Light and 1 Dual wep one on each hand, Light-&-Shield with shield being an offensive weapon (if a Cavalier can perform shield bashes, why can't Siris?), etc.
    Love the shield bash idea.
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Blademaster

What if there were an option to turn of in-game-music in favor sfx. Like environmental sounds (birds chirping, fires, wind, rain, water flowing, leaves in the wind, etc.)
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Veteran

What if there were an option to turn of in-game-music in favor sfx. Like environmental sounds (birds chirping, fires, wind, rain, water flowing, leaves in the wind, etc.)
    Like I said, things being on/off switchable is always good but I guess I'll never want to turn off the awesome IB music!

Blademaster

Like I said, things being on/off switchable is always good but I guess I'll never want to turn off the awesome IB music!
    Haha I was actually listening to the soundtrack today while mowing the lawn- that's when you know you love a game too much! lol
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Deathless

+9000

the Pangean lines were SO MUCH COOLER than the English ones. I almost stopped playing IB2 as soon as I heard a word of english. The even teased us with Isa's first line being in Pangean! No fair ChAIR, not cool x(
    "you will have no mercy from me!"

OP of the Infinity Blade 2 FAQ
    --------------------
    Got a question not answered in the FAQ? Try the One Answer Question Thread

Blademaster Club --Pikachu Division ID #1
    Dairy Club ID #2

Redeemer

One word: dragoor.
    "and I will end your tyranny!"

Hup Ajax! íVisca Barša!

DRAGOOR FTW!

Also, please more story. I know there's a lot of story, at least more than IB1, but maybe some dialogues more? It's weird to kill Ryth... the Blademaster who has challenge you to a duel of fates, and you just kill him like another commune titan.
    "He thought I'd betray my people, leave them to die. But he was wrong, so wrong. I will do my duty. For I am a king."
    -Raidriar

|Total 5:1|MX-Eliminator|Leg Fighter Pro|Ultimate God King Slayer|
    Percentage for every combo/hit - Every Class List
    Guide of every Hit Bound Break Window and Perfect Block/Parry caps

Blademaster

DRAGOOR FTW!

Also, please more story. I know there's a lot of story, at least more than IB1, but maybe some dialogues more? It's weird to kill Ryth... the Blademaster who has challenge you to a duel of fates, and you just kill him like another commune titan.
    Dragoor! Yes!

Oh my... if every boss conversation were to be like the archivists we would have perpetual theories flowing around the forum. I like this talk.
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Saburai

snowy environment! imagine taking down the worker or even dragoor with snowflakes swirling around you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast