Thread: CTF-Dutchees

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

Default CTF-Dutchees

Name: Dutchees
    Playercount: 8-10 (5v5 will do fine)
    Style: Aim for Hardcore Oldschool Low Poly (BSP map)
    Theme: Holland
    Patches: None specifically required.

DOWNLOAD

The map is in Beta for further feedback. Its currently the upcoming map for the map pool the iAMGamingCTF3 Tourney.
    Thread for the tourney can be found HERE

NOTE: Im aware of a material not showing underneath flagstand in the red base! Forgot to apply them. Not a package issue!.
    With 2213 brushes you sometimes forgot something.

A medium sized CTF map focused on gameplay and competitive CTF.
    Easy to learn and fast in play, this map will provide an addition to every role a player takes.
    There is 130 armor to collect added 3 health viles each base.

Credits:
    Malkavian - For the build of the custom elevator in the map
    i2icochet - Cooking, First run, Comments, Server side check.
    Vedakid - First run, comments
    Stevelois - Part in advertising

Last edited by Darkn3ss is QnL; 07-30-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Downloading!

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Thumbs up Your new map works.

Played your map and I like it, never causing UT3 crashing. Natural HOLP-styled textures and details [also this one is imagined by the flag of Netherlands (your hometown) because of walls and floors in team bases, correct? ]; also in cool gameplay, atmosphere, water sounds, fire particles, trims, z-axis and routes. Bots can be tough and my team can easily to defend sometimes. And oh, nice wall on the flag of Netherlands at the top, lol.

PS: The preview shot, player load and author will make the map work instead of making UT3 crashing.
    BTW, can you fix your DM-1on1-Interpid and CTF-Faceless (now or later)?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post
    Played your map and I like it, never causing UT3 crashing. Natural HOLP-styled textures and details [also this one is imagined by the flag of Netherlands (your hometown) because of walls and floors in team bases, correct? ]; also in cool gameplay, atmosphere, water sounds, fire particles, trims, z-axis and routes. Bots can be tough and my team can easily to defend sometimes. And oh, nice wall on the flag of Netherlands at the top, lol.

PS: The preview shot, player load and author will make the map work instead of making UT3 crashing.
    BTW, can you fix your DM-1on1-Interpid and CTF-Faceless (now or later)?
    Woohoo, thanks for downloading and giving feedback man. Glad you enjoyed it (and it finally works lol)

Seems after all, all the tips of using one map package named "CTF/DM/VCTF/WAR-mymapname" worked.
    I used one package "CTF-mymapname" instead of spreading out textures in different external package. That was most likely the cause of all the issues.
    Spreading out textures/materials in different packages.

Yes, both Intrepid and Faceless will get fixed soon

Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog

God King

So I had the time to play the map, which I can say is fun to play & fast action too Layout is great & weapon placement seem right.

I can say I like the simplicity of the map. Therefore, those are suggestions that can improve flow & gameplay :

A little ramp here would add another route by making a double jump & a BV under it or a ramp that goes all down on at the floor would prevent players to be block under the thin ramp :

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Since all the stairs are straight angle, I strongly recommend you add a BV (with the stone sound) just above the BSP stairs. It play better that way & will prevent bots to get stuck sometime, which I've saw in numerous maps with this kind of geometry :

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

As for the look :

Flickering water plane mesh :

Some trims would make it look prettier (on all doors ofc)

1. The stripes look odd with that pattern. It look better when all stripes are aligned (look at my Citius map, near the sniper).
    2. The angle of specularity look very odd on those trims when the material isn't sharing the same specularity angle. I suggest you select those surfaces & then aligned them the same way so the specularity look in the same direction.

Others :

- The wall material near the stinger ramp need to be horizontal.
    - Many seams can be see here & there, cranking the BSP lightmaps resolve that issue 99% of the time. Try with 16 & lower if it's not enough.
    - I've say various spots where the wall material need to be aligned against the adjacent wall.
    - I do not like the fire emitter because it look odd to me. Some kind of glass material with a nice electric pattern would be prettier imho.
    - Check your water steam emitter, it pass trough the BSP walls.
    - I notice the music play only once, it is normal ???
    - A little advice, when releasing a map, use a archive for PC & another one for the PS3. No need to use bandwidth for unwanted content, PC or console user aren't the same. Not everyone as a high speed connection & unlimited download m8.
    - I think the map need a bit more ammo & some vials in the long empty corridors on both side of the map.
    - I never like pickups to be placed close to wall when there are wide open space around them. I understand why mappers place them like that but for me, I don't like it.
    - What is the use of the jumpboots ???

So in all, it's a very cool, fun & fast action map. My feedback may sound a bit like a huge list but no worries it's not. The map is original, look smooth & play well. Keep it up bro

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    So I had the time to play the map, which I can say is fun to play & fast action too Layout is great & weapon placement seem right.

I can say I like the simplicity of the map. Therefore, those are suggestions that can improve flow & gameplay :

A little ramp here would add another route by making a double jump & a BV under it or a ramp that goes all down on at the floor would prevent players to be block under the thin ramp :

Since all the stairs are straight angle, I strongly recommend you add a BV (with the stone sound) just above the BSP stairs. It play better that way & will prevent bots to get stuck sometime, which I've saw in numerous maps with this kind of geometry :

As for the look :

Flickering water plane mesh :

Some trims would make it look prettier (on all doors ofc)

1. The stripes look odd with that pattern. It look better when all stripes are aligned (look at my Citius map, near the sniper).
    2. The angle of specularity look very odd on those trims when the material isn't sharing the same specularity angle. I suggest you select those surfaces & then aligned them the same way so the specularity look in the same direction.

Others :

- The wall material near the stinger ramp need to be horizontal.
    - Many seams can be see here & there, cranking the BSP lightmaps resolve that issue 99% of the time. Try with 16 & lower if it's not enough.
    - I've say various spots where the wall material need to be aligned against the adjacent wall.
    - I do not like the fire emitter because it look odd to me. Some kind of glass material with a nice electric pattern would be prettier imho.
    - Check your water steam emitter, it pass trough the BSP walls.
    - I notice the music play only once, it is normal ???
    - A little advice, when releasing a map, use a archive for PC & another one for the PS3. No need to use bandwidth for unwanted content, PC or console user aren't the same. Not everyone as a high speed connection & unlimited download m8.
    - I think the map need a bit more ammo & some vials in the long empty corridors on both side of the map.
    - I never like pickups to be placed close to wall when there are wide open space around them. I understand why mappers place them like that but for me, I don't like it.
    - What is the use of the jumpboots ???

So in all, it's a very cool, fun & fast action map. My feedback may sound a bit like a huge list but no worries it's not. The map is original, look smooth & play well. Keep it up bro
    I just wrote an immense reply, then I had to relogin. Now its all gone haha.

All I can say is thanks for the comments Stevie bro Its all noted. Will be executed when releasing the final!

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice work there Darkness

Here is some feedback. Keep it up

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
    Nice work there Darkness

Here is some feedback. Keep it up
    Yo thanks so much for your kind words and a .pdf with feedback
    That really helps

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog

Redeemer

Smile good beta

At first it looks like a Lego map but it’s not; nice skybox, cones on top, stripes, trim, patterns, fire, music and sounds. It’s a simple CTF map with many paths, some z-axis, good flow and good weapon placement. The bots could be better though; I thought they were fairly easy. Definitely fix Intrepid and Faceless soon.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    At first it looks like a Lego map but it’s not; nice skybox, cones on top, stripes, trim, patterns, fire, music and sounds. It’s a simple CTF map with many paths, some z-axis, good flow and good weapon placement. The bots could be better though; I thought they were fairly easy. Definitely fix Intrepid and Faceless soon.
    Thanks for the words

Yea, I will when time allows me too

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog