MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snow Brigade

Default Gears 3 Multiplayer on Gears 1&2 maps

I was thinking about how neat it would be to play Gears 3 multiplayer on some of my old favorite maps from other Gears games. I then realized that due to changes made to game types, team sizes, etc, this would not always work.

For example, I would love to play "Memorial" once again on Gears 3. I think with the addition of the digger launcher (narrow hallways) and teams of 5 (medium sized map) it would play great based on the layout.

However, I always loved "Sanctuary" from Gears 2, but with the addition of a member on each team in Gears 3, and the addition of TDM, this small map may not be able to handle the extra chaos.

Albeit DLC packs are done, what is your favorite map that you think would have been a great addition to Gears 3, and what is one that simply may not work?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: So Foxy

I would love to have seen war machine (gears 1 style) to return, I think gears 3 is seriously lacking on smaller maps. Spawns would have to be altered slightly for respawn gametypes, but I think it would be awesome for execution.
    Sevens on fours?

I like the previous version in Map aspect the new version only good in graphics but the bit lack in Games Maps.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Emanate Danger

Process would be great.
    Gears of War: Gamerscore 1250/1250, Seriously... 10,000/10,000, Anthony Carmine/General RAAM
    Gears of War 2: Gamerscore 1750/1750, Seriously 2.0 100,000/100,000, Level \\*//, Benjamin Carmine/Theron Guard
    Gears of War 3: Gamerscore 2000/2000, Seriously 3.0: Level \\*//, Onyx Medals 65/65, Benjamin Carmine/Kantus
    Gears of War J: Gamerscore 900/1000, Seriously Judgmental: 42/42, Re-up 5, level 16, Tai Kaliso

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Download Byte Wii Code: 7580-6104-4588-5401

Quote Originally Posted by spawn1989 View Post
    Process would be great.
    Definitely. Not to mention Allfathers Garden, Canals, Courtyard, Fuel Depot, Highway, Nowhere, Old Bones, and War Machine.

With proper tweaking, if need be.
    If not Gears, it's Darkstalkers or Street Fighter. PM me if you play fighters!
    Thanks go out to Cher, PopeAdrian37th, Yosoypr, and III LYCAN III for their humble generosity!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BMetcalf82

Nowhere, Highway, Allfathers Garden, River, Avalanche, Memorial,

Hell, all of them, really. Any additional retro map really would be a treat to play on. Not just MP, but Horde/Beast as well.

Retro-map pack (all maps) for Judgment!!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OO7Boogie

my personaly favorites have to be cannels fuel depot and mansion and mansion is the only 1 i could see not working with 5v5

a good idea would be make a gametype with all gears 1 maps and kept it 4v4

i made a thread about this in the gowj section along with having the seriously achivment give a reward like a badass gamerpic from b4 i think that would giv some motavition to get seriously achivments more but i idk wat happened to that thread zzzzzz

but who wouldnt love the retro maps even if it was cramped 5v5 i still wouldnt care n play it

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IDeej

However, I always loved "Sanctuary" from Gears 2, but with the addition of a member on each team in Gears 3, and the addition of TDM, this small map may not be able to handle the extra chaos.
    Don't you mean GoWPC? Since GoW2 and 3 are both 5v5. I really didn't like how that map played all that much.

A lot of the maps across all games just wouldn't/do not work on TDM. Especially with the two spawn system the game has. TDM is generally an extremely predictable and monotonous gametype imo.

I'd love for Old Bones to work on GoW3, but it is more of a 4v4 map. As for a great addition I agree with you on Memorial. That or Allfathers Garden. Honestly I thought all the maps from the Dark Corners map pack were pretty solid maps (except one or two).

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

I really wanted River to make a return on GoW3, but it would of been hell on TDM.

You could of just not put it in the map rotation for TDM EPIC along with other maps which would not suit the mode!!!!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Head1essRooster

I've always loved Tyro Station. It's got a moving train!!!

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by bogus666 View Post
    I've always loved Tyro Station. It's got a moving train!!!
    And people disappearing out of the map!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Head1essRooster

Quote Originally Posted by Evanescence View Post
    And people disappearing out of the map!
    Never had that happen on Tyro Station. Subway on the other hand ....

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Quote Originally Posted by bogus666 View Post
    Never had that happen on Tyro Station. Subway on the other hand ....
    You could before it was patched using a boomshield (still can if you clear the Xbox cache although it will reset you on GoW2). Place a boomshield on tracks, wait for train, jump over boomshield just as train hits (so you are mid jump when it hits the shield) and you're riding the train

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    You could before it was patched using a boomshield (still can if you clear the Xbox cache although it will reset you on GoW2). Place a boomshield on tracks, wait for train, jump over boomshield just as train hits (so you are mid jump when it hits the shield) and you're riding the train
    I'm talking about the thing where you run along side one of the walls and it makes you somehow get on top of the wall, then you can go out of the map and see the train spawn.

MSgt. Shooter Person

River. SHorten spawn distance add a bit more cover. They altered Jacinto and it came out great. River could possibly have been a pretty good remake
    \\《☆》//

MSgt. Shooter Person

I do not understand why escalation made it in, when maps like tyro station and especially Fuel Depot were left out. Escalation flips spawns every 3 seconds in TDM and is practically unplayable in that game mode, even though it's in the rotation. It was and remains a decent map when you don't have respawns though. Even so, tyro station and fuel depot were very fun, had lots of routes, and balanced areas where rifles and shotguns could thrive better while maintaining a better power weapon distribution. Obviously on tyro station you could remove the roadie-run wall climbing glitch.

I also am not an never was a fan of blood drive. It's one of the campiest maps ever created in gears. You have uncontested grenades for both sides, spawns that AUTOMATICALLY set up a cross, and high ground advantage for the team that doesn't move from spawn. The power weapon in the middle is only of marginal use against a team camping in the spawn area and spamming nades, because you have to put someone at risk to actually get any of the enemies to be snipe or torque-able. It's a horrible map, only outdone in the "bad" category by overpass. There were so many good alternatives too.

Canals, Avalanche, Hail, hell even Old Bones (despite the 5v5 issue) are all MUCH better maps than blood drive or overpass.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBironicMan

I think Gears 1 maps would work well as they were designed for MP gaming. Whereas a lot of Gears 2 AND Gears 3 maps are designed around horde/beast.
    Hit me up on Twitter for some random babbling https://twitter.com/iBarSteward

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snow Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Danny J View Post
    Don't you mean GoWPC? Since GoW2 and 3 are both 5v5. I really didn't like how that map played all that much
    You're absolutely right, Gears 2 was 5v5... huh. Maybe that's why it was so chaotic, and why I loved it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by BMetcalf82 View Post
    Retro-map pack (all maps) for Judgment!!
    Gears 2 received a "Flashback Map Pack" which was really great. I liked how they released map packs that consisted of NEW maps at a charge, and a separate pack of retro maps (I believe for free). I hope GOWJ follows this behavior.

Gears map design is very unique because they must follow some sort of symmetry for the sake of balance, and also different paths and routes to allow for maneuvering. Sometimes they just get this just right with certain maps, and it's a shame when they die with the game.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

I think every old map would be fantastic. So so fun.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeFt7

i would love to see security but there is no way it would ever work on gears 3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IDeej

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeInTeam View Post
    I do not understand why escalation made it in, when maps like tyro station and especially Fuel Depot were left out. Escalation flips spawns every 3 seconds in TDM and is practically unplayable in that game mode, even though it's in the rotation. It was and remains a decent map when you don't have respawns though. Even so, tyro station and fuel depot were very fun, had lots of routes, and balanced areas where rifles and shotguns could thrive better while maintaining a better power weapon distribution. Obviously on tyro station you could remove the roadie-run wall climbing glitch.
    I'm pretty convinced the main reason Escalation was brought back was because they already had the map created for the prologue. So it was easy for them to bring it back. I don't hate the map, but there are definitely better choices.