MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Ink Grenade glitch

The Glitch with the ink grenade is when someone hits you with an ink grenade and you get away from the ink on the ground the ink from that grenade proceeds to come out of your body effectively killing you when you're no where near the grenade.
    The Frozen Gears!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DynomiteDobson8

Lmao sorry to be the one to say this too you, but this isnt a glitch it was added with one of the updates to the game. anything else youd like to call glitch on?
    Epic, Please Bring us- Grayson Hunt/Trisca for CoG and Sarrano/Red Cyborg Ishi for Locust from Bulletstorm for Gears of War Judgement <3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its not a glitch then that's bull **** if i can get away from a ink it shouldn't be able to kill Period
    The Frozen Gears!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DynomiteDobson8

think about it.. the ink.. explode throwing out the poisonous ink everywhere, everything covered in it smokes from the stuff, including people.. its like a more gasious form of napalm/the flame gernade.. if u get hit by the nade and it explodes covering you in the stuff then of course your gonna get covered and suffocate..
    Epic, Please Bring us- Grayson Hunt/Trisca for CoG and Sarrano/Red Cyborg Ishi for Locust from Bulletstorm for Gears of War Judgement <3

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infect My Omen

Quote Originally Posted by Clop View Post
    Its not a glitch then that's bull **** if i can get away from a ink it shouldn't be able to kill Period
    They added it because it makes sense and isn't a problem. Just roll away if you can. If not, looks like you're going to die.
    "I'll take a chip.....and EAT IT!"

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

It's a direct impact Ink and makes sense.

The poison ink is on your body so it continues to do damage.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is like a small % chance of it happening too, I rarely get Inked like that too..so by all means yeah its a bithc, but the same time w.e. about it...bc its a small chance to happen at most, well in my gameplay wise!
    I would like to give BIG THANKS to TroyMcClure2002 for playing againts him to earn the Reaper skin! Thank you very much!

Gears of War: 1250/1250 "Another One Bites The Dust"
    Gears of War: 2 Lvl 100 - 1750/1750 "Another One Bites The Dust"
    Gears of War: 3 Lvl 400 - 2000/2000 Aug 3/2012..."Another One Bite The Dust"
    Gears of War: JUDGMENT - 1500/1500 Oct. 9/2013 "Another One Bites The Dust""Thank You ToxicFlint & HardOva for letting me recieve "Surprise" Ach. BIG THANKS!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

I see it rarely, but coupled with a stun the ink is quite frustrating.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingPath View Post
    They added it because it makes sense and isn't a problem. Just roll away if you can. If not, looks like you're going to die.
    That's the thing i did roll away i got into a whole different room i didn't even get stunned by the grenade yet it still kills me.
    The Frozen Gears!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FellBlueDodger

That's the thing i did roll away i got into a whole different room i didn't even get stunned by the grenade yet it still kills me.
    even though you rolled away, you got hit by the ink directly, which is an auto-kill unless your teammates can revive you in time twice
    USAF

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeceptiveJunk

Why does it matter? You get hit with ink you die. Period.

99% of game battles matches is a race to see which player can hit the other with ink an then lancer down.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewgis

If you get hit by an ink while rolling you basically have it follow you without leaving a trail its like getting hit with an incendiary insta death basically
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Inks are broken, always have been in gow3. They are inconsistant. I can throw one at a group of players getting a direct hit and not one is hurt or stunned by i'll be further away stunned and downed! When others throw them i'll be 10 feet away from the edge of the ink and i'll still be stunned. Happens at least half the time.

It shouldnt stun, makes no sense, it should stumble like smoke nades but never stun, you stand in toxic gas in real life, you'd try and get away! Same principle with Scorcher stopping power, id be running like a frieght train in real life if i was on fire, i wouldnt bl00dly slow down!!!!!!
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

This is so damn stupid.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheVacantThrone

Didn't even notice it happened.

Not game-breaking by the sounds of it, just something you deal with.
    Gears of War: 29/57 - 560G
    Gears of War 2: 78/79 - 1700G - Reached Level 100/100
    Gears of War 3: 72/82 - 1620G - Current Level 396 /400
    FUNK VOLUME 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJj88Oq3nA < Hip Hop fans: ENJOY!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: angryguy77

ugh, just be aware of where the inks are on the match and be ready when you make your way to that area at the start of the map. Odds are you'll have an ink on your side too, or a chance at getting one to use.
    Glitchers=No Talent

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

People hate it when I have 2 inks on hand!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tuna View Post
    People hate it when I have 2 inks on hand!
    Hahaha, I love doing that, it's hilarious to see them proudly roll out of one ink stun then throw another!
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

Iron Guard

Loved doing that on Force Multiplier on Artilary. "So you're gonna head to Torque? Then I'm gonna mop up these two inks and poison your ass!"
    "We were trying to recreate what happened 25 years ago, and I said 'Larry would you like to make a toast?' and someone said 'Larry went home to take a sh*t'."

I've gotten direct hits with the Ink on people, and they still managed to get away. Just saying.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

I think you put it right in your first post. "when someone hits you with an ink grenade". HITS YOU WITH IT!!!! There you go. You were hit with it. How can you be mad when you die? You let yourself get hit. You get hit by a boomshot, but were rolling or was going to go into cover. Well it don't matter. You were hit by it. Therefore you died.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snow Brigade

There's always something funny about each time someone throws an ink at me and unloads on my stunned body with a retro lancer from 2 feet away. I always picture someone behind their controller going "SEE!! I CAN GET A KILL TOO!!"

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OO7Boogie

iam kind of glad u posted this i only had it happened twice to me and i was wondering the same thing. never knew that happens wen u get a direct hit with it kind of cool actully i like that idea no clue they even did that lol

Now what they should fix is when somebody throws an inc. grenade and you jump out of the way, but your "position/coordinates" (idr the right tech word) doesn't change fast enough.

Its stupid to die that way, rolling around on the ground on fire even though where the inc. hit was nowhere near you.

Boomshot
    Driving a Centaur down your street all hopped up on Dizzy Juice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Viewing the hue

Ink follows stink go bath yourself solider!
    Smoke Grenades, you will come to fear them.
    [[II[[]]II]]--oo--{}

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ximpanssi

You received a direct hit, but since you were in mid-air, the stun didn't affect you.
    I also first thought this was a glitch, but it appears I was just unaware of what really happened.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x313xSuperNova

The ink is easily one of the most annoying things in this game, couple with mantle kick and it's matchmaking.
    Gow 3>Gow 2>Gow:J>Gow 1 (multiplayer-wise)
    Gow 1>Gow 2>Gow 3>Gow: J (campaign-wise)
    Most annoying weapon ever? Breechshot
    Non successu sine sacrificium

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Quote Originally Posted by A CANADIAN View Post
    I think you put it right in your first post. "when someone hits you with an ink grenade". HITS YOU WITH IT!!!! There you go. You were hit with it. How can you be mad when you die? You let yourself get hit. You get hit by a boomshot, but were rolling or was going to go into cover. Well it don't matter. You were hit by it. Therefore you died.
    Because an Ink grenade is anything like a Boomshot, right?
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: angryguy77

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Brigade View Post
    There's always something funny about each time someone throws an ink at me and unloads on my stunned body with a retro lancer from 2 feet away. I always picture someone behind their controller going "SEE!! I CAN GET A KILL TOO!!"

Actually, I'm in tears laughing at kids like you for running out in the open, or not moving from cover when they see it in my hand, or for not picking it up themselves. You should petition epic to take everything out except for the gnasher and lancer. That way every kill would be legit in your world.
    Glitchers=No Talent