Exclamation Anyone Elses Gears 1 Disk not working

Hey Fellow Forum Members (And hopefully an Administrator who can put me on the path to sorting this out)

I was excited beyond belief when I heard about Gears of War Judgement coming out, mainly because I couldn't see where the EPIC team could take the franchise after wiping out both the Locust and the Lambent simultaneously (Except the Pendulum wars which i will admit would be awesome to see the battles of Anvil Gate and Ashpo Fields given life in game format)

As a celebration I decided to play the series through again and unlock ALL the achievements in ALL Games and DLC.

So I started at the beginning and.... the disk was unrecognised, so i cleaned it and tried again.... no dice. I took it to a disk repair station in my local gaming store and they took it attempted to play it and examined it to find out what was wrong, the game is on the disk the disk is in a perfectly playable state but the data cannot be accessed on either origonal console or new.

I would like to make a defence for all the people reading this and going "Just trade it in and buy another one" well theres a catch when I first bought the first ever Xbox a month after release I got the Gears of War Bundle which came with a copy of the Game and a few other choice items for the first to buy it.

As such the game has a Large yellow sash worked into the front cover art stating "Multi Bundle purchase not for resale" even with the age of the game no stores in Britain will take the game for trade in or even for store credit.

I have never complained about EPIC products ( Even when my preordered Octus medal edition of Gears 3's code had been used before i had chance to use it, which was a little weird but hey its only a single multiplayer character) but understandably I am upset about this especially due to me now being unable to get all achievements unlocked due to the chain achievements that run from on game/DLC to the next.

I am still looking forward to Judgement and will of course be buying it but I would like to know if this is a problem being found on all the old discs or if its a isolated thing (The console I have is the exact one i purchased the origonal game with in the bundle so its not a tech issue unless an updates done this, but i was playing GOW 1 in the last month so if it is its a recent update)

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

It's an isolated incident. I have the new console and can play gears 1 just fine. I've heard no reports about this occurrence.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

I haven't had any issues with mine. You should be able to pick up a used copy of the game for pretty cheap. There has to be something wrong with that disc so a different copy should work.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

I downloaded Gears 1 on Demand, so no problems for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bless Spoons

Mine is working just fine

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have the original console too and can run gears 1 and 2 just fine. If I were you, I'd borrow a copy from a friend or rent a copy if you can; and if that doesn't work it may be your console. And to be ultimately sure, test the disc that you said wasn't working on another Xbox maybe.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead ExeC

Mine works perfect.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devious Sektor

Mine works perfectly.
    I am The Sponger from Down Under

..(\ /) Thanks to DxM for my jungle tai and Cheezmo for my aftermath baird you both are awesome!!
    .(ಠ_ಠ) Disapproval bunny disapproves of Your posts.My twitter
    o(")(") The worst grenade throw ever...of all time.
    If I somehow got involved with derailing a thread it's not my fault, I tend to get carried away with off topic posts.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C Murder 20

lol how weird i just put mine in and started playing campaign from the start and its fine
    Prefered COG: Clayton Carmine Prefered Locust: Golden Hunter
    GoW 3 rank: 64
    Onyx Medals: 18/30
    Thank you B3A57 UnL3aSh3D for the awesome deal on the Adam Fenix code!

Redeemer
    MCDonalds, fighting off the Zombie Horde.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterAlex09

My Used copy I got a few days ago works Great.

They Gave me the Limited Edition for $8, Best $8 I ever spent.
    I didn't even ask for it, they just gave it to me.
    Kim wins the lottery, and spends the rest of his time counting his money.

Kim will use the money he earnt from the billions of shooting contests he entered and buy Microsoft and criticize everything they produce.

There is a Theron on Disc that is ready for MultiPlayer, All he needs is to be on the Character Selection Screenhttp://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...a-Theron-Guard

Thanks Lycan for the SGE, he's my new main locust. Thank you Cher and Flak for my Launch Skin Pack, you're both awesome!

Ok well the games very cheap might ebay this thing off then thanks for the help

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

I've had no issues with my copy.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Loryat

You are the most unlucky person ever. Lmao. I try to play horde with you, can't. Now this?! Especially after your hot streak with winning codes! On a serious note, mines fine. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
    EGFC Moderator / Member 203
    YouTube: Loryat
    Forum: Loryat
    New Forum: EGFC