MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Various Kismet Questions & Problems

Hi, I have couple issues with various things about Kismet. First of all - I don't have any knowledge about UIscript and for now I want to stay back from it as much as I can :) I want to use only Kismet. So if there is a question about thing which is impossible using only Kismet, simply please answer "not possible" :) Also in all examples I use UT3Game gametype.

1. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this sequence? The goal is to have moving actor which will stop when it touches dynamic trigger volumne. But in the shown way it doesn't work. When I attach another dynamic trigger volumne to an actor (in here - the cube) it doesn't work either (the cube should go forward, then go back, but it keeps moving forward). Maybe the "touch" event can't be used with interp-actors? Or there is simply another option to do this?

2. Can "Take Damage" event work with physics / dynamic physics volumnes? I make all like in this example http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/rsrc/...shake_full.jpg and tried to "hurt myself" by touching pain causing physics volumnes or by falling from some high but it didn't work. Is Take Damage is reserved somehow only for damage caused by other pawns?

3. Is there a way to do a smooth transition between any point of player view (in first person perspective) to matinee camera animation? Or to, for example, after touching trigger, take control of the player camera and make it look at the certain point no matter where it was looking (=where the player was looking) earlier (and, of course, this should be smooth)?

I don't know if interp actors can trigger a touch volume, but I can see an issue that you don't have anything set to test if that particular actor is touching the volume, in that case you'd want to add your actor node (select it, then right click in Kismet and it should be an option) and then plug that into the Instigator of the touch event.

I think you can attach a camera actor to the player camera, then you would setup a matinee---in the matinee you'd set three groups---one would be the new camera you'd be viewing out of to do the transition, one would be a camera attached to the player, and the other would be the target camera which would be the position you want to move to. When you setup your Matinee camera animation, there's an option where you can set the keyframe to copy the value of another group, so in this case you would set the first keyframe to use the values of the player camera, and then you would have the second keyframe to take the values of the target camera.

I'd be more specific but I don't even have UDK on this computer to check everything.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for answers.

1. Cube is an object visible in my image - it is attached to matinee and "Attach to event" node. So I attached it also to Touch event as an Instigator, but unfortunately it didin't work... (I hope this was what you meant)
    3. The most important thing about this is to know where to look / how to do sth. Now I know so thank you

I think you need attach to event at all--I'd just have the trigger with the cube as the instigator. You might also want to see if maybe it's triggering it over and over again or if the trigger gets reset until it exits the area--I haven't worked with triggers so I'm not sure if that's a problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

not sure if this helps at all,
    but i did a scene were a rock rolls down a hill and hits a fracture wall and makes it explode.
    to get this to work i had to attach a dynamic trigger to the rock, attached to the wall was an impact actor which when the rock touches the wall ( which has a trigger attach to it) sets off the impact actor.
    to get this work i had to untick in the trigger flag "actors only" , there 1 or 2 other things to get it to work, but this was the point of issue for me.
    so attach a dynamic trigger to the box and work it like that.
    albert einstein
    imagination is more important than knowledge,
    thou i believe without knowledge, imagination is limited.

http://damnedge.blogspot.com/

some screenshots of my game in progress

MSgt. Shooter Person

oh and there is a function in kismet a look at function, ive never used it but i know its there
    albert einstein

MSgt. Shooter Person

It worked. There is no need for instigator, but in trigger properties (as Buddhist Punk wrote) there is a looong list called Class Proximity Types. I changed it from "Pawns" to "Actors" and now my cube politely stopped. Thanks for help!

MSgt. Shooter Person

excellent glad to of helped
    albert einstein