Angry Completely reset

I'm sure an epic employee will back me up on this one proving I've never modded (if they can tell) but my level, medals, skins everything has been reset to one I've lost my gold weapons I got from joining the beta, I've lost my member of the old guard medal as well and the beta medal. I didn't mod at all no one would mod so they are 24 medals away from seriously 3.0. The error occurred or corruption occurred when I was exiting a game, while it was on the "updating stats" progression screen my power went and when I got back on everything was reset. If I don't get all the data back I would at least want my gold weapons for being online the first week the game was officially out and the beta tester medal.
    Already been accused of modding..... My weapons are as they were before the memory glitch. I have all onyx and the re up 3 skin for my Hammerburst..... Is there any reverting what's happened? Or will I have to grind all over again and be accused of modding for the onyx weps? On a further note I remember what medals I had onyx and gold just not the numbers they were at. On the off chance chance I were to get banned my initial plan of modding to get back to my previous progress, doesn't seem to be the greatest idea. But I probably will end up not playing at all if my progress is this easily lost. I apologise if the text is all bunched, phones aren't the best devices to type and create paragraphs on.
    Last edited by PsychoKANE1; 07-11-2012 at 08:13 AM.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

1) Your data was most definitely corrupted. As such, the reset is permanent unless you had created a back up save file. Most likely you have not. You cannot be given your stats back.

2) Your gold weapons and Old Guard medal will unlock tomorrow, since the game only checks achievements once per day.

3) Modding your stats to get back to where you were will get your console perma-banned. You will not be allowed to play Gears 3 again w/o buying a new console and a new profile.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Modding will probably result.in me being banned perma yeah lol....
    The amount of people I see with modded accounts is unreal. No bann there. But no use trying :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoKANE1 View Post
    Modding will probably result.in me being banned perma yeah lol....
    The amount of people I see with modded accounts is unreal. No bann there. But no use trying :-)
    The system routinely bans people who have modded through waves.
    If they haven't been banned yet, then it's only a matter of time.

Thank you anyway fella. I've played the account on multiple consoles so there might be something worth checking :-D I don't see why the data has to be on your HDD anyway. Every other game I've played, the data is externally stored and permanently linked to my account name. Ah well..... Will be a major shock to a lot of people... Level 1 with onyx....

Gamer IDs

Thank you anyway fella. I've played the account on multiple consoles so there might be something worth checking :-D I don't see why the data has to be on your HDD anyway. Every other game I've played, the data is externally stored and permanently linked to my account name. Ah well..... Will be a major shock to a lot of people... Level 1 with onyx....
    This is incorrect. Data is stored on your hard drive. Almost all games use the same system Epic does. It saves the LAST update you sent the servers. A data corruption sends a 0 to the servers so it starts you over. If you don't have ANY data on your Hard Drive, it updates your hard drive with the last updated info.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Nook View Post
    The system routinely bans people who have modded through waves.
    If they haven't been banned yet, then it's only a matter of time.
    Jtagged modding yes. I could... But won't name accounts that have been active since the start of the games multiplayer back whenever it was. Players who have modded or edited their account to gain the seriously 3.0 medal. People without the achievement too. And they still play today. And given gears is the only game I myself play, I get to see a lot of people. And I'm afraid to say that not all modding and manipulation is found out. Because if it was, I don't think half the French or Chinese gamer population would have accounts to play on.

Gamer IDs

Jtagged modding yes. I could... But won't name accounts that have been active since the start of the games multiplayer back whenever it was. Players who have modded or edited their account to gain the seriously 3.0 medal. People without the achievement too. And they still play today. And given gears is the only game I myself play, I get to see a lot of people. And I'm afraid to say that not all modding and manipulation is found out. Because if it was, I don't think half the French or Chinese gamer population would have accounts to play on.
    The system sweeps and catches modders. It does not catch everyone the first time around, but they will eventually receive the ban they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    This is incorrect. Data is stored on your hard drive. Almost all games use the same system Epic does. It saves the LAST update you sent the servers. A data corruption sends a 0 to the servers so it starts you over. If you don't have ANY data on your Hard Drive, it updates your hard drive with the last updated info.
    My friend... I have a clear HDD now I sign in with a full usb no room for anything..... mw3 halo bf3 which are the only other games I play, other than gears I've tried. All have external means of storing data. I have a small game case... Lol. I do back up quite alot of my stuff, and for the last 12 years a gears of war save is the only save that corrupts on a console... you can probably tell I'm miffed, keeping to the rule... I hope.... At least I'm not raging like.my brother... Right next to me...

Gamer IDs

My friend... I have a clear HDD now I sign in with a full usb no room for anything..... mw3 halo bf3 which are the only other games I play, other than gears I've tried. All have external means of storing data. I have a small game case... Lol. I do back up quite alot of my stuff, and for the last 12 years a gears of war save is the only save that corrupts on a console... you can probably tell I'm miffed, keeping to the rule... I hope.... At least I'm not raging like.my brother... Right next to me...
    Again, incorrect. I have had my data corrupt on me 3 times on halo 3 and twice on halo Reach. Resets plague the COD and BF forums as well. NO game is safe from a reset. The data is stored on your console's Hard Drive. The systems they use ONLY store the LAST update sent to the servers. They do NOT store all your data.

On a lighter note I guess my questions were answered :-) I'll re- DL my characters. At least I don't need to redo the weapon medals for onyx. Which I find strange..... I have all campaign missions unlocked... Onyx is unlocked

Gamer IDs

On a lighter note I guess my questions were answered :-) I'll re- DL my characters. At least I don't need to redo the weapon medals for onyx. Which I find strange..... I have all campaign missions unlocked... Onyx is unlocked
    If you mean your Onyx weapon skins are still there, do not change them. The system keeps your last used skins. If you remove them, they will be locked again.

If you mean the medals are still Onyx'd, you only received a partial reset and should count yourself lucky.

I've had save game corruptions on all bf3 halo reach and mw3 I load up. Reset, redownload my account open up game back to normal? You must have been very unlucky. Gears is the only one which has been an issue.

Well the game shouldn't take that long to recomplete. Do it all offline. Or in otherwords get my completely obsessed little brother to play. Or my equally obsessed nephew.

Btw, you said about game achievements being scanned. So my friend who had her reset wou becauseld get her seriously medal if she had the achievement? It's only a game, however she cried over that loss, hasn't played at all since.
    Last edited by PsychoKANE1; 07-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Gamer IDs

I've had save game corruptions on all bf3 halo reach and mw3 I load up. Reset, redownload my account open up game back to normal? You must have been very unlucky. Gears is the only one which has been an issue.
    The difference with those, is that gears updates the servers whenever you log in because people wanted their offline progress to count. Other games do not until after you finish a match and update the system. So you can potentially get it back. The same can happen with gears. Occasionally, someone who sees a corruption can back out, delete their profile data, and keep their stats. I was one of those lucky ones. My saved data got corrupted, I got reset, and managed to get mine back.

Phone lagged. Double tapped double posted.
    Last edited by PsychoKANE1; 07-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Well the game shouldn't take that long to recomplete. Do it all offline. Or in otherwords get my completely obsessed little brother to play. Or my equally obsessed nephew.

Btw, you said about game achievements being scanned. So my friend who had her reset would be able.to get her seriously medal if she had the achievement? It's only a game, however she cried over that loss, hasn't played at all since.

Gamer IDs

Btw, you said about game achievements being scanned. So my friend who had her reset wou becauseld get her seriously medal if she had the achievement? It's only a game, however she cried over that loss, hasn't played at all since.
    No. It doesn't unlock medals through achievements. Just weapon skins from legacy unlocks.

Ah alright. Well in that case I'll be happy to get the last achievement shortly before judgement. Cheers for helping :-) apologies (in blackadder German speech) for being... Moderately difficult

Gamer IDs

Ah alright. Well in that case I'll be happy to get the last achievement shortly before judgement. Cheers for helping :-) apologies (in blackadder German speech) for being... Moderately difficult
    It's alright. Everyone gets pretty upset by the rank reset. If I was going for Seriously 3.0 I woulda gone nuts, but I got 1900/2000 so i am good.

Hm. Gears is an offline and online game I guess. I find it hard to accept that a great game such as gow can wipe your data and if you didn't take the necessary precautions, when a reset happens... Gears has effectively just "fornicated" you over