Thread: Gnasher Duels

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SCYKOEn1gmaX5

Default Gnasher Duels

I was playing some matches yesterday and in one of them one of the COG players was getting pissed because the other player from the Locust side was issuing a challenge i guess and someone killed him/her then the person on the COG side that was accepting killed themselves for no reason then left.

Have you run in to these Gnasher duelers and what do you think about them?
    Anti QuitR Anti StupD - I Stand By that 110%
    A Friend In Need - Is A Friend Of Greed

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

How odd (the killing themselves and leaving bit!). Its common when playing Gears vets, they get beef and like to 1v1 gnasher duel. Its not as common in Gow3 because of lack of proper battle places on maps.
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

That doesn't make sense to me, "the guy i wanted to duel died from a team mate that didn't realize what we were doing so i'll kill myself and rage quit??"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

The rage quitter is pretty ridiculous, besides that it's normal behavior, although no one I play with uses Gnashers anymore.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

1v1 Gnasher battles are for private games not public.
    Last time I tried to challenge someone (few days ago) I've been hard-aimed to death.
    Won't do this again and won't accept any challenges.
    Getting old

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Gubbler

Quote Originally Posted by ser10 View Post
    although no one I play with uses Gnashers anymore.
    Whaaat! Do u play beast or something. All I see are gnashers, retros, and the very odd sawed off to leaven the bunch.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Quote Originally Posted by ll ALEX76 ll View Post
    Last time I tried to challenge someone (few days ago) I've been hard-aimed to death.
    To be honest - this.

Sometimes, in a sudden death, I'll give a quick melee, but it's not often understood/reciprocated so I just move on. No use moaning or complaining. While it's fun to have a quick battle while your dead teammates watch in, nobody is under the obligation to feel the same way.

To me, it's a fun and respectful encounter, to most others nowadays, it's a 'z0mg, u fink u r s0 h4rd - y ddnt u jst w1n th3 r0unD?!' kind of thing.

It's the journey, and not the destination, that I enjoy about Gears. Feels that most people aren't interested in the journey nowadays. Fair enough and I'm not forcing anybody to change...but I'll never change my outlook on what I find enjoyable.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UIR Onyx Scott PSN ID: NI_Locust

I love accepting a gnasher duel online, then I pull my retro out and down and hump them. Problem?

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Pre-active hard-aim them. Because who cares about fair play?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: echoplex PSN ID: ZomBi_dEth Wii Code: 7919 2809 6520 0629

I had someone try to Gnasher duel me a while ago.
    It was up top on Thrashball. He melee's. I melee back.

Unbeknownst to him I had a teammate sitting behind one of the pillars that popped him as soon as he pushed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishy View Post
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by echoplex; 07-11-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    -je_ssi e |||
    Dreamlife, outcries, standby, allies
    Poolside, child-like, downside, goodbyes
    Sympathetic tones don't match a sympathetic lie

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeebo1uk

This totally, last one I excepted as we start towards each other the plumb actives then hard aimed me down only to hump my splattered remains, the honour of Gnasher duels is dead
    Shakin n bakin since 1977

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

I was there for one of those, Jacinto on the stairs. The guy was an absolute coward!
    I love accepting a gnasher duel online, then I pull my retro out and down and hump them. Problem?
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DJ CARNIV AL View Post
    Basement cat looks well and truly shocked.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    It's the journey, and not the destination, that I enjoy about Gears. Feels that most people aren't interested in the journey nowadays. Fair enough and I'm not forcing anybody to change...but I'll never change my outlook on what I find enjoyable.
    I have been saying this since Gears 1 .. I don't care if I win or lose the round/match as long as I had fun .. When the fun stops, the game goes .. Simples
    GT: Correndath

It's good to torque

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

Quote Originally Posted by Dunmhairetheoir View Post
    Whaaat! Do u play beast or something. All I see are gnashers, retros, and the very odd sawed off to leaven the bunch.
    I play Guardian, I used to see Gnashers mostly but now I only see Retros, Sawed-Offs, and Modded Snub.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lunatic iZ DopE

sad thing, loved gnasher duels. seemed to be respected in previous gears. now even members are straight up saying that they crap on the unsung rules on the gears universe.
    and to say that its only a private thing makes no sense. matter o fact i never had those in private matches. gnasher battles usually spawned from a little internal conflict that went on during a match. it was how people sorted things out. dont be mad cuz u scared

I play Guardian, I used to see Gnashers mostly but now I only see Retros, Sawed-Offs, and Modded Snub.
    ya know i use to think the same bout modded stuff. but i think its prob more connection based then anything. when i have private matches or in a good match my hammy and pistol seem to shot faster, i have been accused of a modded pistol a couple times and im not a rifle/pistol guy. i stick with shottys/power weapons. and my trigga finger aint nimble in the least
    I support any GOW content, for the record....lemme know when you got something to sell Epic.
    Twitch.tv/lunatic_playz

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reapergameboss

I get challenged all the time. I just place a good hard aim while they melee. Down them with a second blind and hump and tag.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE ONYX GUARD "NEVER PLAY ALONE"
    THE RETRO ISN'T THE PROBLEM. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE I DO

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

I very rarely see people wanted to Gnasher duel. Mainly because most people on GoW3 love their assault rifles too much... *sighs*

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iants

Was playing KOTH on Thrashball last night and someone seemed more interested in offering me a 1v1 Gnasher duel than capturing the ring!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bizkitdoh

This was a Gears 1 thing. Typically in player matches only, but yeah. There was an honor code back then, it's dead now.
    ~ Put a steel mask on your face and armor on your heart ~
    My South Park Squad homies - TAO Devil, SQuirrel147, & Gnashes.
    EGFC Member #812
    My YouTube Channel - TheBizkitdoh - Commentaries, Lets Plays, MP Gameplays, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter, @Bizkitdoh - I talk/rage about Gears, Food, Anime, Music, Fighting Games, Anime, Other games, Anime, and Anime.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Big Kid View Post
    I have been saying this since Gears 1 .. I don't care if I win or lose the round/match as long as I had fun .. When the fun stops, the game goes .. Simples
    Precisely.

I leave supertryhard MUST WIN to scrims/leagues. In Quick or sometimes even Ranked - people will tell me off for using the Fire Extinguisher, but it's FUUUNNN!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I Carmine COG I

I don't always accept gnasher battles but when I do the enemy teammates shoot me with their riffles.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThEvilHasLanded

I tend to offer out campers who wont come at me mostly im trolling them because ill do whatever it takes to kills them
    GearsCON Staff
    Forum Custom Lobby Montages | Official GCON Channel
    Raised By Wolves
    Twitter @ThEvilHasLanded

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DainaNATORx

I've learnt my lesson, got challenged on checkout from across map, walk down to him and he corner camps hard aim active me lol. From now on I just kill Em. Mwahaha
    DainaNATORx
    Level92
    All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SQuirrel147

If someone asks me for a battle I except and I play fair. I never ask for a battle, though. Most people would except and probably hard-aim you down or something. Which is annoying. Why must people be douches? I will never know...
    ~ SQ ~

Yes I am looking forward to Judgment. But NOT because it's Gears.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DainaNATORx

Quote Originally Posted by SQuirrel147 View Post
    If someone asks me for a battle I except and I play fair. I never ask for a battle, though. Most people would except and probably hard-aim you down or something. Which is annoying. Why must people be douches? I will never know...
    It's the worst when they down hump you...>. < then won't do a 1v1
    DainaNATORx
    Level92
    All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JJ Diamondz

I actually once found two MotOG's on Anvil, who both agreed and understood my melee when it was only three of us alive in guardian match. I beat the first kid and traded with the second -________- I sent them both a GG with thanks msg.

Then once on hotel this one dude wanted 1v1 in sudden death, once again guardian match when score was 2-2. The pressure oh god lol he got me down and let me up, I downed him and he got up and then he downed me and time ran out. That was intense, no hardaiming, just straight wallbounce and strafe.

Oh the rare good matches where it's mostly gnashers and not Retros.. Today has been the worst day for a long time, SO much Retros...

Wow prob my longest post lol
    JJ Diamondz \\*// War Hero

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXi Drag0n iXi

Quote Originally Posted by billbie09 View Post
    I was playing some matches yesterday and in one of them one of the COG players was getting pissed because the other player from the Locust side was issuing a challenge i guess and someone killed him/her then the person on the COG side that was accepting killed themselves for no reason then left.

Have you run in to these Gnasher duelers and what do you think about them?
    What do I do? I laugh at them and shoot them, there is no room for mercy in this war and I will show absolutely none of it, if you want to have your little "gnasher duels" keep that crap to private games.

NO MERCY!!!
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Unyinz

I never get in initiated Gnasher duels, although sometimes random ones just happen. I remember once when some guy meleed from about 30 feet away on Old Town and we both got in cover. He took a couple of shots at me over the cover, and eventually I just headshotted him with the Longshot. He seemed pretty pissed, even though I never "accepted" the duel.
    \m/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Save it for private. In pub everyone has the right to interrupt gnasher battles, they pay for their XboxLIVE. I usually don't mind getting interupted or killed by their teammate. I just mark the person down and remember to face bash/Arm rip them at the end of the match to let them know how I feel about them. I don't suicide rage quit very often though.
    \\《☆》//

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FellBlueDodger

"Sees someone challenging me to a duel..."

USAF

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXi Drag0n iXi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDodger View Post
    "Sees someone challenging me to a duel..."

I like you BlueDodger, that was funny and I approve.
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Quote Originally Posted by DragonEmperor View Post
    What do I do? I laugh at them and shoot them, there is no room for mercy in this war and I will show absolutely none of it, if you want to have your little "gnasher duels" keep that crap to private games.

NO MERCY!!!
    Yeah, just like in real life!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FellBlueDodger

Quote Originally Posted by DragonEmperor View Post
    I like you BlueDodger, that was funny and I approve.
    USAF

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Valafar123

Quote Originally Posted by DJ CARNIV AL View Post
    How odd (the killing themselves and leaving bit!). Its common when playing Gears vets, they get beef and like to 1v1 gnasher duel. Its not as common in Gow3 because of lack of proper battle places on maps.
    Pretty much this. Very few maps actually support it properly. Checkout and The Slab are the only obvious ones.
    Loadout: Hammerburst MK-II / Gnasher Shotgun / Ink Grenade
    Twitter: Valafar123 | GT: Valafar123
    I suck with the judgment Gnasher and I can admit that. You don't see me complaining about the gun.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoxD a Z e Dxox

No good with the gnasher eh?
    Thanks to LYCAN for my cole train, Cher for my gold lancer skin, and Retrodeadmetal for the Baird goggles and paintball skins for judgement. Also a big thanks to Mr GearHero for my web skins A HUGE shout out to justamee for my judgement early access code, your generosity is much appreciated <3 gears, <3 the forums, but really <3 <3 my gnasher

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GParrosMustache

I'm not cocky or arrogant on Gears so I usually decline challenges.

:-D

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoxD a Z e Dxox

I'd decline cos i bounce like a brick lol
    Thanks to LYCAN for my cole train, Cher for my gold lancer skin, and Retrodeadmetal for the Baird goggles and paintball skins for judgement. Also a big thanks to Mr GearHero for my web skins A HUGE shout out to justamee for my judgement early access code, your generosity is much appreciated <3 gears, <3 the forums, but really <3 <3 my gnasher

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DepressedWhales

although no one I play with uses Gnashers anymore.
    This is why I don't play as much
    Want your seriously %? --- My youtube --- Thanks everyone
    Knock, Knock - Who's there? - Dr - Dr who? - Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThEvilHasLanded

I love offering people to duel just to see what they will do more often than not nothing it's only a ploy to get them out of cover any way
    GearsCON Staff
    Forum Custom Lobby Montages | Official GCON Channel
    Raised By Wolves
    Twitter @ThEvilHasLanded