Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default no dedicated servers this morning?

    hey guys

    just wanted to play some gears and had to realise, that there are currently no servers online.
    I always seem to join player hosted servers and under "forces of nature" all game types are missing.
    It also says that there are zero players playing worldwide.

    I wonder if anyone is experiencing these issues, too, or if itīs just me?

    EDIT: i am from germany, if that matters...
    "As you humans say: Use it or loose it!"

  2. #2
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    As for USA, we are having issues getting into Ranked matches across all game modes. We're able to connect to quick matches though.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    149

    Default

    its because the game is dead 100% only people who like gears and have run with it for years are the people who still play when moh warfighter and bops 2 is out think of gears 3 then ???? flat line im a gears FREAK they have there self to blame for many reasons list is endless

  4. #4
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    @OP: Your playlists did not load correctly. Turn your xbox off and restart gears.

    Quote Originally Posted by iDREAMZ86 View Post
    its because the game is dead 100% only people who like gears and have run with it for years are the people who still play when moh warfighter and bops 2 is out think of gears 3 then ???? flat line im a gears FREAK they have there self to blame for many reasons list is endless
    Not even close.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  5. #5
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    EGFC HQ UK Branch!
    Posts
    7,259
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

    Default

    They are probably down for maintenance, i wouldnt panic as im sure theyll be up and running again soon.
    Its also possible they are upgrading or maybe even testing them off public for GowJ.
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

    Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

  6. #6
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    895
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NeillMcAttack PSN ID: NeillMcAttack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iDREAMZ86 View Post
    its because the game is dead 100% only people who like gears and have run with it for years are the people who still play when moh warfighter and bops 2 is out think of gears 3 then ???? flat line im a gears FREAK they have there self to blame for many reasons list is endless
    I hear ya man! It's so rare I play any games of quick match without at least 3 bots these days. And good luck finding a ranked match unless it's peak time and your only interested in playing TDM or Guardian.
    It must just be the Ireland, uk and France region but I can't imagine there will be the same numbers remaining up to the release of GOWJ as there was with GOW2 up to the release of GOW3.
    NeillMcAttack is currently on steam playing
    DOTA 2

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    394
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: angryguy77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    @OP: Your playlists did not load correctly. Turn your xbox off and restart gears.



    Not even close.

    I can tell you that for the past few weeks i've played with/against the same people more than I ever have. The numbers are not the same as they used to be. The instances of seeing the same people has been happening more than it did with gears 1 and 2.
    Glitchers=No Talent

  8. #8
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angryguy77 View Post
    I can tell you that for the past few weeks i've played with/against the same people more than I ever have. The numbers are not the same as they used to be. The instances of seeing the same people has been happening more than it did with gears 1 and 2.
    More playlists means lower population per playlist. This means you will probably run into someone you played with before a little faster.

    The numbers are not the same as launch, no. We still have more daily players than Gears 1 or 2 during this point in those games.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  9. #9

    Default

    is because all the persons that were playing gears of war 3 were banned becuase Epic games banned a lot of player and it is permanently

  10. #10
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jery View Post
    is because all the persons that were playing gears of war 3 were banned becuase Epic games banned a lot of player and it is permanently
    This is completely false. Welcome to the forums. please do not post false information. Thank you.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  11. #11
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,809
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dr Chainsaww

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jery View Post
    is because all the persons that were playing gears of war 3 were banned becuase Epic games banned a lot of player and it is permanently
    So wrong in so many ways....



    its because the game is dead 100% only people who like gears and have run with it for years are the people who still play when moh warfighter and bops 2 is out think of gears 3 then ???? flat line im a gears FREAK they have there self to blame for many reasons list is endless

    sweet the forums another clown. The game is farrr from dead son. dead is whe they take the game off line like halo2. One could say gears 1 is dead but your still find games...I dontreallyknow where you people come from but you should just stay there
    Need a revive there? I have just the tool to help you out

  12. #12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    394
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: angryguy77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    More playlists means lower population per playlist. This means you will probably run into someone you played with before a little faster.

    The numbers are not the same as launch, no. We still have more daily players than Gears 1 or 2 during this point in those games.
    Yes, but this shouldn't be a problem when playing qm execution since the game has been out just over a year. It's not a good sign. Seeing this is the third installment, there shouldn't be a shortage of players on such a popular game type.
    Glitchers=No Talent

  13. #13
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angryguy77 View Post
    Yes, but this shouldn't be a problem when playing qm execution since the game has been out just over a year. It's not a good sign. Seeing this is the third installment, there shouldn't be a shortage of players on such a popular game type.
    Execution is not the most popular gametype anymore. TDM is. Then probably Guardian and KoTH. Execution is 4th or 5th
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  14. #14
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    394
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: angryguy77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Execution is not the most popular gametype anymore. TDM is. Then probably Guardian and KoTH. Execution is 4th or 5th
    Even so, there shouldn't be such a shortage of players unless the game is losing steam. I realize it has more game types than the others, but I have a hard time believing that's the only reason there are less people. I believe Epic's experiment with the game has backfired. As of june, there were 5.45 million units sold worldwide. Even if half the people were playing, there should still be enough around so you don't keep seeing the same people.

    If there were so many people on compared to the last 2 games, then why isn't Epic releasing more DLC? There isn't enough profit for them, that's why. Not enough people to purchase the product. This is why I think they are releasing a new game so soon imo(of course I could be wrong, but it's just a thought).
    Glitchers=No Talent

  15. #15
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angryguy77 View Post
    Even so, there shouldn't be such a shortage of players unless the game is losing steam. I realize it has more game types than the others, but I have a hard time believing that's the only reason there are less people. I believe Epic's experiment with the game has backfired. As of june, there were 5.45 million units sold worldwide. Even if half the people were playing, there should still be enough around so you don't keep seeing the same people.

    If there were so many people on compared to the last 2 games, then why isn't Epic releasing more DLC? There isn't enough profit for them, that's why. Not enough people to purchase the product. This is why I think they are releasing a new game so soon imo(of course I could be wrong, but it's just a thought).
    Not exactly. The majority of the purchases are to people with no internet access. After that, take out the ones who purchased just for campaign. Subtract again for those focused on Horde/Beast. Then take into account the fact that many more are casual gamers that play periodically.

    As for the DLC, they have hit the 2,000 GS mark. More DLC would either have to be free, or would need 0 point GS. The free is not incentive to Epic. 0 GS achievements are not incentive to the players.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  16. #16
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lestaaa
    Posts
    4,298
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Maaaaaz

    Default

    Lagging a lot still lol.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

    The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angryguy77 View Post
    Even so, there shouldn't be such a shortage of players unless the game is losing steam. I realize it has more game types than the others, but I have a hard time believing that's the only reason there are less people. I believe Epic's experiment with the game has backfired. As of june, there were 5.45 million units sold worldwide. Even if half the people were playing, there should still be enough around so you don't keep seeing the same people.
    No. First of all Gears NEVER had over 1 million unique users, ever. The MP player base makes up a SMALL portion of any games sales. Thats first and foremost. Second, there is an inherent division that is created by dedicated servers that people continually overlook, either on purpose, or out of a lack of knowledge on how they operate. You ONLY connect to the players within your data center. Meaning if you happen to be in a region that is lightly populated, your options are limited. This is a dedicated server drawback. P2P allows players to be pulled literally from everywhere. Dedicated servers inherently divide the population up.

    No Gears game has more unique users than this one has, and no gears game, or any game for that matter will ever have half of its buyers playing multiplayer. Ever. Modern Warfare 3 holds the record for most unique users, at 3.3 million. Nearly 14 million copies have sold on the XBOX. That 3 million is a SMALL population compared to overall sales. The record before that was held by Halo 3, and Halo Reach both a shade over 1 million concurrent unique users, and maxing out around that number of unique users in total. Notice anything about these games? FPS. And if you look at their overall sales, the amount of ppl online is is very small compared to the total buyers.

    MP is only played by a small fraction of gamers, expecting half of Gears players, a TPS for that matter, to be on as the basis of your argument is incredibly unrealistic. Then you divide them up via the servers and various regions and you create a situation where you see people over and over again. You ARE playing with the SAME people, over and over again. You connect to the exact same data center and servers, EVERY single time you play online. Thats why there is no server browser, its pointless. There are a finite number of people, after a few months if you play regularly you are going to see the same names. Then you further divide that population up based on XP and skill, and you create a situation where your cohort is statistically small enough to see the same names. Its a product of the infrastructure with servers. When its P2P, you can connect to literally anyone.


    Quote Originally Posted by angryguy77 View Post
    If there were so many people on compared to the last 2 games, then why isn't Epic releasing more DLC? There isn't enough profit for them, that's why. Not enough people to purchase the product. This is why I think they are releasing a new game so soon imo(of course I could be wrong, but it's just a thought).
    In this particular case, yes you are wrong. There were ideas for this game that simply didn't work in Gears 3. Production on this new game began around the time before Gears 3 was set to release or shortly thereafter. It wasn't started like 5 or 6 months after release, meaning the notion its to rebound is incorrect. There is no more Gears 3 DLC because the teams responsible for that have shifted their work to the new game. EPIC is not a large studio by triple A studio standards, and they now have two projects going concurrently, priority now is the new titles and having them prepared for release.

    Gears 3 DLC was almost DONE before release to begin with or well underway, I remember discussing it with Troy and Rykard last August. It wasn't being done as the game was moving along post release. Much of the team moved along to the other projects by then.

    Quote Originally Posted by iDREAMZ86 View Post
    its because the game is dead 100% only people who like gears and have run with it for years are the people who still play when moh warfighter and bops 2 is out think of gears 3 then ???? flat line im a gears FREAK they have there self to blame for many reasons list is endless
    You are also wrong in so many ways. Sidenote: Trolling is against forum rules. Yes, you are trolling.
    Last edited by NFI; 07-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  18. #18
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the centre of Eurolag
    Posts
    116
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xZPFxBarteq PSN ID: xZPFxBarteq

    Default

    I'm from Poland and I got some serious problems today. It took the game quite a while to load after pressing Start on the title screen and finding quickmatch could take up to 2 minutes (opposed to usual 5-10 seconds). In one game I had host migration (haven't seen one in a looooong time).
    Last edited by xZPFxBarteq; 07-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    KOTH player
    I love my Lancer and I'm not-so-good with Gnasher.
    Did not play Gears 1 online || Played Gears 2 occasionally || Playing Gears 3 since release


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •