Question How do i make a LVL system ???

HI guys i wonder how do i make a LVL system for my game since i am making a MMORPG with UDK and i wonder how do i make LVL system so that the character can LVL up when killind MOB and completing quests ???

ALSO i wonder how can i make the game multiplay able like world of warcraft, runescape and such games since it,s going to be a MMORPG

Making an MMORPG with UDK is near-impossible.
    Need an online game service for your project? Check out Sagittarius! For more info you can visit the Sagittarius Wiki or the project page on my blog.

My Blog: WillyG Productions - Your Premiere UDK Resource
    My YouTube Channel: WillyG Productions
    My Facebook Page: WillyG Productions
    My GitHub: willyg302

Code:
    var int level

Function levelup()
    {
       Level += 1;
    }

Defaulproperties
    {
        Mmorpgthatisexactlywhattheopwantsbecauseimsopsychicthatiknowthingshehasntevenstartedplanning = true
    }
    I'm making a game!

http://www.desura.com/games/modulated
    Click the link above to read more!

Quote Originally Posted by Graylord View Post
    Code:
        Mmorpgthatisexactlywhattheopwantsbecauseimsopsychicthatiknowthingshehasntevenstartedplanning = true
    iseewatudidthar.

MMO probably is out of your scope.

Leveling isn't.

Just have an int that has current level, int that is max level, int for xp, and an int for xp until next level, with an optional max xp int.

Then, just check:

Code:
    //Psuedocode compatible with most programming languages:

//code in here to get xp amount from an array using the current level as index.

if(xp>XPForNextLevel)
    {
           if(currentlevel>0 and currentLevel<maxLevel)
          {
                 currentLevel++;
                 do other things.
           }
    }

//Do some code here that displays xp progress on screen maybe.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have implemented a levelling system in IMS, feel free to look at the source code:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30454964

well thx for the vodes just a question what program can i use for making a MMORPG

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by rigpop98 View Post
    well thx for the vodes just a question what program can i use for making a MMORPG
    What experience do you have in making games? Are you working on your own? Forgive us for being cynical but an 'MMORPG' is the most common game that people new to game development think they're going to make, "I really like playing MMORPGs so I'm going to make my own, it's going to be like WoW but in space like EVE and you can go anywhere and everything is persistent!".

Put simply, it's not going to happen unless you have a LOT of money, a LOT of experience, and a LOT of talented people working with you. Continue making an RPG if you want but forget about the MMO part for the time being.

well i and some guys are workning on a FPS thats going to have long story and some of my friends thought that we should instead focus in MMORPG so i tryed but for the moment i think i will return to the FPS that i have wasted a long time on making but i still need more crew members since many from my crew left so i need new members.

For info about the FPS i am making just send mail to drezzle@live.se i could need some new team members and the game is going to be a long story game i havent relly thought of making it a multiplayable game if you guys got some ides feel free to tell

MSgt. Shooter Person

Right. Good luck with that .

are you sarkastik ore ???

MSgt. Shooter Person

5 stars, would definitely read again
    my various udk vids