MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bomber4237

Default Should Ranked be Standard in GowJ?

the title says it all.

Thoughts?

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

I'll just leave this here.

You will find my opinion on the matter in there.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I 2rue Demon I

If quick match is staying as it is then leave ranked out and make a new playlist that uses both game modes strenghts. Hopefully the community isnt divided again.
    Gears of war: 1250/1250
    Gears of war 2: 1750/1750
    Gears of war 3: 1900/2000 Level 400
    Gold Gnasher/Gold Lancer

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

Leave it how it is in Gears 3 (for the most part) but add bonuses to Playing Ranked that are hard to pass up.

Maybe...

Increased EXP like 1.5x more than Standard/QM

Playing Ranked could enter you into events or raffles by Epic?

Give the option to Rematch teams if both teams vote yes and do not leave between the intermission.

Add some sort of Skill-based "visible" icon or number that is not in QM/Standard matchmaking.

Add a game mode that allows full teams to faceoff against full teams in order to hopefully get more competitive games while playing Ranked.

Or just overall try to only match stacks against stacks rather then the (norm of Gears 3), 1 SweatStack vs 5 Randoms.

I think that these, and some other ideas would breath life into Ranked, instead of leaving it to a very small minority of willing players...
    Last edited by TH3 ZomBifiieD; 07-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II GREEN HiT II

Keep Quick match but don't keep stats, and you get 1/3 the XP towards you rank if any at all. I mean really I saw someone that had 83,000 kills in QM, who gives a shnit if its Qm most of them are bot kills anyway just saying...

Dude Abides

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reapergameboss

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBiE BEE View Post
    Keep Quick match but don't keep stats, and you get 1/3 the XP towards you rank if any at all. I mean really I saw someone that had 83,000 kills in QM, who gives a shnit if its Qm most of them are bot kills anyway just saying...

Dude Abides
    Who gives a crap if u got 83,000 kills in ranked. Its a game bro. I play bots in ranked to. I dont always want to try hard. Sometimes I like to relax by myself and play qm. U get more games in in less time. Qm has its place and should stay. Connection is usually better in quick as well. Not everyone cares to play the camp fest commonly referred to as rank.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE ONYX GUARD "NEVER PLAY ALONE"
    THE RETRO ISN'T THE PROBLEM. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE I DO

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by Demonz II View Post
    If quick match is staying as it is then leave ranked out and make a new playlist that uses both game modes strenghts. Hopefully the community isnt divided again.
    I like this idea.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TyIs PwninNoobs

Honestly in my opinion call ranked something less scary sounding and take out quick match. I'd rather play full teams then bots all the time. If people want to farm bots go play private. They shouldn't look awesome with a 4.0 k/d and 6.0 w/l just because they got 5 people to pubstomp in quick and farmed bots for days after everyone leaves. People will get used to the short delay between games and I can't believe that anyone would not play gow:j because there was no quick match.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTZAx

If you remove QM then people in regions with low player populations literally won't be able to play multiplayer at all. This is idiotic. Please stop these threads.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    If you remove QM then people in regions with low player populations literally won't be able to play multiplayer at all. This is idiotic. Please stop these threads.
    Forgive me for asking but could you explain this? People in regions with low populations to my knowledge either constantly play with bots or play in laggy matches. If they waited a bit in a sort of "ranked" playlist to be put in with other people from their area they would get better games as a result. They wouldn't be split between servers with 2 people on this game 1 on another etc. This is assuming that if they did implement this style of matchmaking that it would be region filtered for better games.

I would gladly wait 5 minutes a game if it meant playing a good game with actual people rather than bots.

Edit: I would be happy to leave both in if they did a gears 1 style matchmaking system. Take stats out of non-ranked games so the stat whores had a place to play and the people that wanted to play for fun had their own. God forbid I ever took a retro or sawed off out in ranked as it stands right now, but I don't want my super awesome 3 kills 10 deaths game tracked because I decided to go in a quickmatch with my trollface on!

As you can see I'm kind of split on the issue. Both sides could be argued for but the solutions proposed need a little rethinking.
    Last edited by PTFD243; 07-11-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I Carmine COG I

Quick Match should stay as well as Ranked.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

the majority of ppl play quick. like koth is usually 3500 quick 40 ranked. how bout we take ranked out. majority rules. why should the majority be forced to follow the few.

i would like to see a cod style lobby. map vote between games and try to fill the lobby or wait for a minimum of 8 players or something before starting. ppl can also join in session.

i like how some ppl talk like their better than everyone else cause they play ranked. ppl who play qm are just bot killers. while they do exist the majority of us hate bots. u have to get a new lobby every few games.
    Last edited by upsmadman; 07-11-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

No but give ranked a noticeable XP bonus. Wouldn't want to be forced to play ranked...

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: the rattle5nake

AS i have said in other threads, merge quick and ranked, find a balance between the two and we are good to go. That way the population don't have to be seperated.
    I have the codes

Thanks to Kracker Kid I now have the codes for Jungle Tai Skin

Thanks to BlackZero30x I now have the codes for Emergence Day Baird

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I 2rue Demon I

Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    What you just said is idiotic. On gears 2 ranked was fine for finding games in every region because the community wasnt divided. People didnt whine all the time about waiting a few minutes for a match.
    Gears of war: 1250/1250
    Gears of war 2: 1750/1750
    Gears of war 3: 1900/2000 Level 400
    Gold Gnasher/Gold Lancer

MSgt. Shooter Person

stacked team kill the ranked playlist, i hate when i'm alone and meet 5 retros dude who think they're strong, make a lonewolf playlist if you want to keep quick match and ranked....
    COQ: Baird
    Locust: Sniper
    Gnasher addict

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Demonz II View Post
    What you just said is idiotic. On gears 2 ranked was fine for finding games in every region because the community wasnt divided. People didnt whine all the time about waiting a few minutes for a match.
    Amen brother. People need to learn some patience.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Angel DvA View Post
    stacked team kill the ranked playlist, i hate when i'm alone and meet 5 retros dude who think they're strong, make a lonewolf playlist if you want to keep quick match and ranked....
    Where exactly would you like the stacked teams to go then? Ranked is the 'challenging' public MP outlet, and with the attitude of most towards the Ranked playlist, you will only ever find teams, littered with a smattering of Randoms.

There is already a line wolf playlist. It's underpopulated, but it's there (Stranded).

Ranked does not have the problem of 'stacked teams'. Ranked has the problem of being labelled by players as 'stacked teams' which means that nobody except 'stacked teams' will play it.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

Quote Originally Posted by upsmadman View Post
    Who gives a crap if u got 83,000 kills in ranked. Its a game bro. I play bots in ranked to. I dont always want to try hard. Sometimes I like to relax by myself and play qm. U get more games in in less time. Qm has its place and should stay. Connection is usually better in quick as well. Not everyone cares to play the camp fest commonly referred to as rank.
    I agree on the QM connections, it's way better than ranked ones. That's completely backwards IMO. I'd make a thread about it but i susspect it would get closed.

But I like ranked games becasue the randoms you get have such a better understanding of the game and their role in helping the team.

Prisoner 849

keep quick match in my opinion its all i play, i cant enjoy myself in ranked

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sure, i beg your pardon but i would said they're more chance i play ranked game if a lonewolf playlist was here, hate ranked as it is now.

They're too much playlist in that game, too many for the same damn thing.
    COQ: Baird
    Locust: Sniper
    Gnasher addict

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clearly Balkan

Agreed 100% . Remove QM or make it the same like Private points wise, only Ranked playlist.

Iron Guard

This all pointless if a true ranking skill system is not implemented by Epic and co. People play quick match to avoid been battered by 5 man or 4 man teams. Its a fact. it gets boring after all a while this. A true ranking skill system will match people with other people on their level hence more people will have fun.

QM shouldn't go anywhere. No one should be forced to play ranked, these threads are getting really old, really fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Then you must force solo players to play only FFA because otherwise they'll drag down the teams that are using communication. Why not force people to have to play Overrun to increase those numbers? I know, lets force everyone to only be able to play with Gnashers because thats the majority, so nobody should be at a disadvantage. Screw people's free will. That's an awesome idea dude. Way behind you on that.

Thanks Kracker Kid for the paintball skins! Thanks LYCAN for Alex Brand!

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Should it be the standard? No. The casual players will always play Quick over ranked. It's necessary. Changes made like Ranked incentives? I would agree as long as it wasn't ridiculous.

Possibly no stats in QM, or at least no leaderboards. Cut exp rates.
    Last edited by TAO Devil; 07-11-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devious Sektor

Should it be the standard? No. The casual players will always play ranked. It's necessary. Changes made like Ranked incentives? I would agree as long as it wasn't ridiculous.

And the wise TAO Devil appeared,I agree with your answer. btw I like your new rank.
    I am The Sponger from Down Under

..(\ /) Thanks to DxM for my jungle tai and Cheezmo for my aftermath baird you both are awesome!!
    .(ಠ_ಠ) Disapproval bunny disapproves of Your posts.My twitter
    o(")(") The worst grenade throw ever...of all time.
    If I somehow got involved with derailing a thread it's not my fault, I tend to get carried away with off topic posts.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dvtseeker23 View Post
    And the wise TAO Devil appeared,I agree with your answer. btw I like your new rank.
    Thanks. I noticed an error in my statement thanks to your quote btw.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

Should it be the standard? No. The casual players will always play Quick over ranked. It's necessary. Changes made like Ranked incentives? I would agree as long as it wasn't ridiculous.

Pretty much this. ^

LOVE the new forum rank btw.
    Then you must force solo players to play only FFA because otherwise they'll drag down the teams that are using communication. Why not force people to have to play Overrun to increase those numbers? I know, lets force everyone to only be able to play with Gnashers because thats the majority, so nobody should be at a disadvantage. Screw people's free will. That's an awesome idea dude. Way behind you on that.

Thanks Kracker Kid for the paintball skins! Thanks LYCAN for Alex Brand!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I agree with the devil once again. If u try to force a casual gamer to play rankef he prob just wont play.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by upsmadman View Post
    I agree with the devil once again. If u try to force a casual gamer to play rankef he prob just wont play.
    I have to disagree. More people in one playlist would lower the collective skill level of that playlist because it wouldn't just be the 1337 players (ranked stereotype) but the not so great and average players as well. Ranked would feel like quickmatch does now skill-wise. More people for trueskill to do its magic and everyone would get fairer games.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PTFD243 View Post
    I have to disagree. More people in one playlist would lower the collective skill level of that playlist because it wouldn't just be the 1337 players (ranked stereotype) but the not so great and average players as well. Ranked would feel like quickmatch does now skill-wise. More people for trueskill to do its magic and everyone would get fairer games.
    Hehehe....

Gamer IDs

The join-in drop-out with no penalty is what Causal gamers flock to about QM. Not the skill-level.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Be the standard? No thank you.

I like QM because I can leave when I want to, sometimes I want to play, but sometimes I have an iffy schedule, so if I have to leave, I can without having a penalty.

Simply cut some of the exp bonus from QM, add more to ranked. Problem solved.

Btw TAO, love the new forum rank.. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3OTERO

Quote Originally Posted by ValeraPitiesDaFool View Post
    Be the standard? No thank you.

I like QM because I can leave when I want to, sometimes I want to play, but sometimes I have an iffy schedule, so if I have to leave, I can without having a penalty.

Simply cut some of the exp bonus from QM, add more to ranked. Problem solved.

Btw TAO, love the new forum rank.. :P
    This^^^^, Im in the same boat and really would like to see QM stay
    Insane Horde Group Member, also big KOTH fan, invites and FR's welcome
    Rocketback silverkills anyone?
    I WILL FOREVER DISLIKE GOWJ FOR THE REMOVAL OF HORDE

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pezell5611

cutting XP in QM is a terrible idea.
    Days of Y'Orr - Voted best Bruins Blog in 2011 by CSNNE
    Follow me on Twitter.

Check out my Gears gameplays on my Youtube Channel

Thank you III LYCAN III for Com Dom! Reaper Slayer

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The join-in drop-out with no penalty is what Causal gamers flock to about QM. Not the skill-level.
    I hate to go against you TAO but I can't see people not playing in a specific playlist just because you can't just drop in and out whenever you feel like. Games last an average of maybe 10 minutes (roughly). I generally don't join a game if I know that I don't have 20 minutes or so to spare. Do people really enjoy playing half a match and leaving?

This is a serious question and not meant to sound mean or smart-assed

And be honest. If i was playing quick or ranked and something came up that I had to leave a game for, I wouldn't stay in a ranked match any longer than I would a quick match. Wouldn't you do the same? Maybe I'm missing the big picture here
    Last edited by PTFD243; 07-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Gamer IDs

I hate to go against you TAO but I can't see people not playing in a specific playlist just because you can't just drop in and out whenever you feel like. Games last an average of maybe 10 minutes (roughly). I generally don't join a game if I know that I don't have 20 minutes or so to spare. Do people really enjoy playing half a match and leaving?

This is a serious question and not meant to sound mean or smart-assed

And be honest. If i was playing quick or ranked and something came up that I had to leave a game for, I wouldn't stay in a ranked match any longer than I would a quick match. Wouldn't you do the same? Maybe I'm missing the big picture here
    That's my point though. it's not about the time frame. It's about "Join this room, dominated by spawn setups and good teams, not having any fun, going to find another match." It's that mentality that keeps QM populated. People can come and go freely without risking anything. Ranked is more geared towards the serious players like myself.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That's my point though. it's not about the time frame. It's about "Join this room, dominated by spawn setups and good teams, not having any fun, going to find another match." It's that mentality that keeps QM populated. People can come and go freely without risking anything. Ranked is more geared towards the serious players like myself.
    That's why this whole topic needs to be thought out more. I agree with you 100% that a lot of players will leave against a stacked team, spawn trapping, etc. I enjoy playing others better than me because it challenges me and forces me to play smarter/better. This would be resolved to some degree if we took a point other people have made to take stats out of quick match, I would assume that more people would just stay because it doesn't matter anyways and bring the fun back to non-ranked playlist.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That's why this whole topic needs to be thought out more. I agree with you 100% that a lot of players will leave against a stacked team, spawn trapping, etc. This would be resolved to some degree if we took a point other people have made in a different thread to take stats out of quick match. I would assume that more people would just stay because it doesn't matter anyways and bring the fun back to non-ranked playlist. I enjoy playing others better than me because it challenges me and forces me to play smarter/better. Wish others felt the same