MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x313xSuperNova

Default Your opinion on trading

So, as many of the vets may know, before TU6 in gears of war 2, you were never able to kill someone after you've died except for a planted/dropped frag. After TU6, you became capable Of "trading shots" with another player. Personally, I didn't mind too much in Gears 2.
    In Gears 3, i think it's gotten a little out of hand. I'm constantly having kids trade with me web though I just shot his head off. It's the worst when you actually see your character kill the guy and then you just fall over. Heck, I've even seen people who just got chainsawed trade with his shotgun, killing the chainsawer. I wish they would take it out of this game, but I know they won't. What's your opinion on trading? If anything I'd rather take the death than get a cheap kill.
    Gow 3>Gow 2>Gow:J>Gow 1 (multiplayer-wise)
    Gow 1>Gow 2>Gow 3>Gow: J (campaign-wise)
    Most annoying weapon ever? Breechshot
    Non successu sine sacrificium

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

I'd rather get the kill I know I got.

Also, it's not a matter of removing it. It's a side effect of Client Side Hit Detection.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't mind trading. I do mind when I accept death from a player killing me but in return my point blank not "trading". It's happened more since the 4th DLC update. But yeah not a problem if my shot registers.
    \\《☆》//

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IECLIPS3I

I don't mind trading, me and a friend of mine have traded with every weapon except the snub we have evn traded oneshots mortars, mulchers, and the hammer of dawn. How the hell did that happen?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

the preconceived 1.3 second window for trading kills was likely added to equalize players even more than they already are by Stopping Power, Sticky Aim and the worst... Massive Bullet Magnetism...

Normal Client Side Hit Detection doesn't have a window to trade this large in any game i know of? (it was more Akin to Gears 2 killtrading post TU6). It is also impossible not to trade as long as you and your opponent have killed eachother within that 1.3 second window. So you get Chainsaw/Gnasher trades along with many other hilariously unfortunate trades!

My favorite trade i have seen was (Flamethrower and Chainsaw) "only possible if flamethrower player has been downed twice prior to the trade" Looked kind of funky too!!!
    Last edited by TH3 ZomBifiieD; 07-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Simply copy-pasting a reply I made in a previous thread:

You obviously don't know why this happens, so I'll enlighten you:

"Trading" is the result of Client Side Hit Detection (CSHD) which was introduced into Gears of War 2 via TU6, and was carried over into Gears of War 3. What this does is remove the problem of lag and latency affecting your bullets impact. With CSHD even if you are lagging your shots will hit where you aim, without it you have to lead your shot because the server doesn't recognize you shot until several moments later.

Trading is the result of the following:

You shoot first on your screen, but he shoots first on his. As a result of this both shots count as gibs and you both die as you should. Without CSHD it would go back to the pre-TU6 method Gears 2 had. Whomever had the better connection to host/was host would get a kill, and the other player's shot would either do very little damage or disappear completely when he died even though he did in fact shoot.

It's good thing, trust me.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o FroBro

It doesn't bother me except when after a second or two after he's dead he kills me.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mike Snickers

when you kill someone as they noob roll into you, you should never trade

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

I"m torn on this. I tell myself a lot of times that at least i took one with me. But on the flip side i hate it when there is a huge delay, it makes me feel cheated. I feel that CSHD works against you sometimes due to lag. Sometimes i'll mess around in private and can't believe how deadly i'll be, but on-line prepare to get BS'ed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Simply copy-pasting a reply I made in a previous thread:

You obviously don't know why this happens, so I'll enlighten you:

"Trading" is the result of Client Side Hit Detection (CSHD) which was introduced into Gears of War 2 via TU6, and was carried over into Gears of War 3. What this does is remove the problem of lag and latency affecting your bullets impact. With CSHD even if you are lagging your shots will hit where you aim, without it you have to lead your shot because the server doesn't recognize you shot until several moments later.

Trading is the result of the following:

You shoot first on your screen, but he shoots first on his. As a result of this both shots count as gibs and you both die as you should. Without CSHD it would go back to the pre-TU6 method Gears 2 had. Whomever had the better connection to host/was host would get a kill, and the other player's shot would either do very little damage or disappear completely when he died even though he did in fact shoot.

It is a good thing. Evens out the 2 shots.

Gamertag - GTRandy
    Cog - Anya Stroud
    Locust - Savage Grenadier

GOWJ - 151

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

I"m torn on this. I tell myself a lot of times that at least i took one with me. But on the flip side i hate it when there is a huge delay, it makes me feel cheated. I feel that CSHD works against you sometimes due to lag. Sometimes i'll mess around in private and can't believe how deadly i'll be, but on-line prepare to get BS'ed.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: father russia67

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post

Personally I like the old way, there is literally no way two people can shoot at the same time, that is such a low probability. The pre-TU6 gave someone the kill and someone the death, that is better; making the results clear-cut and not trying to satisfy everyone two deaths, two kills doesn't make anyone happy in my opinion. Pre-TU6 is the way to go.
    Allow Xbox One Users The OPTION To Opt-In To 24-Hour Checks At The Benefit of Family Sharing, etc. http://chn.ge/13TXpJx
    lIl Level 100 in GoW2 lIl Level 400 in GoW 3 lIl High Roller in GoW:J lIl
    Image TuT:
    Right Click Image: "Copy Image Location" then put in [*SHOT] [*/SHOT] without *
    ...................................................... .......................................... ................................................. "Open eyes observe, an open mind creates."

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by Father Russia View Post
    Personally I like the old way, there is literally no way two people can shoot at the same time, that is such a low probability. The pre-TU6 gave someone the kill and someone the death, that is better; making the results clear-cut and not trying to satisfy everyone two deaths, two kills doesn't make anyone happy in my opinion. Pre-TU6 is the way to go.
    "At the same time" translates to about a half-second window when you're talking about online play.

Close enough.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The alternative to trading would be not having your gibs register at all a good portion of the time and dying afterwards. I can deal with a few BS trades now and again if that's what it takes.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TyIs PwninNoobs

I'll take a trade over a death and no kill that I knew I deserved.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: julianwelton

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    I'd rather get the kill I know I got.

Also, it's not a matter of removing it. It's a side effect of Client Side Hit Detection.
    Exactly. That was one of the biggest complaints I had with Gears 2. I always hated when I knew my bullet should have killed someone yet it just magically disappeared because someone pulled the trigger a tenth of a second before I did. Although it can be annoying once in a while we're better off with it imo.
    A wise man once said.

"If I could go back in time I would remove the sawed-off shotgun. Yes, I’m willing to admit when I’m wrong.”

- Clifford Murial Bleszinski

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2052368467.png

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

I like it.
    Especially when I'm being killed by someone who is mid roll or I'm behind his back.
    Getting old

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheVacantThrone

Am i the only one who actually LOVES this?

I'm amazing that you can run at someone with a Sawed-Off, while they've got a Gnasher and gib each other at the same time.

Hell i've had times where i've ran to a certain point on the map, seen someone, gibbed each other, ran back their, to meet the same person, and gib each other another 2-3 times, it's hillarious and always makes me smile.

Also, if this wasn't in the game, we'd have 100 threads moaning about 'i shot someone first and i died and he didn't, what bull****!'
    Gears of War: 29/57 - 560G
    Gears of War 2: 78/79 - 1700G - Reached Level 100/100
    Gears of War 3: 72/82 - 1620G - Current Level 396 /400
    FUNK VOLUME 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJj88Oq3nA < Hip Hop fans: ENJOY!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Quote Originally Posted by ll ALEX76 ll View Post
    I like it.
    Especially when I'm being killed by someone who is mid roll or I'm behind his back.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MY NAME 1Z ER1C

Trading is fine, it's when you both point blank each other and only you get killed that pisses me off. It's been happening so often to me lately, especially after they roll into me. It's like my shots don't do anything on some occasions, and at other times I will get a kill that I didn't think would happen . Trading is a good thing IMO.
    GT-MY NAME 1Z ER1C
    *THANKS TO
    IceManC86 I GOT JUNGLE TAI*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FerociousKitty

I don't mind it too much just don't like it when you get a super and trade as you feel pretty cheated.
    Thanks PuDgE343 for the Griffin code!

If you pop their head and you have the first kill in the update there shouldn't be a trade imo.

gnasher trades arent all that bad...sometimes fun if both players go down, the mad rush to tap "A"...

but it is sort of strange when it happens on a chainsaw/retro charge.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

"DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Should be a Tie for last man out.
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

The window for trading is not the result of "normal CSHD" that is my only complaint. It is extended in Gears 3 to be over a second, teh only reason i can see for extending the "trade window" is to lessen rage between close Gnasher Duels, at the expense of causing very odd trade possibilities.

EDIT: maybe it is extended to compensate for lag the same way Bullet Magnetism allegedly does? Still shooting someone and then dying over 1 second after they are in pieces does Irk me quite a bit. (As im sure it does others) Luckily it happens sparingly, but gives yet another reason for people to stick with their Rifles.

EX: Gnasher/Chainsaw
    Sniper Headshot/ Retro Stab etc... seen this one yesterday!
    Last edited by TH3 ZomBifiieD; 07-12-2012 at 02:39 PM.