HOW TO ACCESS LOCKED UNLOCKS AFTER BEING RESET:
After being reset, some unlocks (such as the For The Horde medal) become unavailable, and can no longer be unlocked. GD01 figured out a great way around this problem, so that all locked unlocks will become available again. This method has been tried by several people and seems to be effective at fixing the problem. You can read more about it on this
thread if you are unsure. There are two guides available for you to follow. One is written by GD01 and is performed while online. The other is a fleshed out and slightly more descriptive guide written by FredFlintstoned and is performed while offline. I will just post both and you may take your pick. Unfortunately, I will probably be unable to answer questions about these guides as I haven't tried them myself. Feel free to ask questions in the thread I linked to above. NOTE:
This method will allow everyone who has been reset to acquire the crimson weapon skins, all 3 of the avatar awards, all of the medals including "for the horde" now and everything else as well. BUT, you will have to re-acquire all of the collectibles in the campaign/arcade mode and you'll also need to complete campaign/arcade on hardcore in order to play it on insane.
GDO1- Online guide:
This one was done still connected online. You can use the other detailed one for offline option. No need to clear the cache only if needed or necessary.
Play 1 private match so that you can update your files as well as the servers. Then head to the Menus and straight to the dashboard.
1) transfer your player data and campaign save to the usb, then log off and transfer your gamertag to the usb.
2) log in on the dashboard and start the game.
3) when you see the shield like symbol with EPIC logo on it remove the usb and ignore the message that pops up. let it run through till the part where it tells you to Press Start w/ the Gears 3 logo
4) Once you hit start go to your stats/awards and scroll through the tabs and go to the collectables and then to the achievements. Both should be empty.
5) From there (at the achievement tab) place the usb back and a message saying that there's a new storage device or device has changed. Press A to continue which should take you back to the title screen where it tells you to Press Start with the Gears 3 logo. Don't press start.
6) Head back to the dashboard and log off. Transfer just your gamertag back to your HDD [the game already placed your player data from the backup in the servers or cache but if you like you can transfer the one from the usb or keep it as a back up]
7) remove your usb and log back in and start the game. Check back to your stats/awards and you should see your collectables empty and you campaign progress is gone like you haven't even touched it.
You will still have your achievements under your stata/award [ war journal ]. The progress did reset themselves so you will see the boxes pop up even tho you already got the achievement.
All your mutators, medals, skins, executions, and medals you unlock should be intact. And their progress as well.
FredFlintstoned detailed offline guide:
I tried GD01's instructions and it worked for me too!
However, the instructions were somewhat ambiguous.
But this is what I did based on what GD01 wrote:
NOTE: before you do this, make an extra backup copy of your gamertag, Gears of War 3 campaign data and Gears of War 3 player save data to a SECOND memory card or USB portable hard drive just in case. (you can now use the cloud for this). If the guide does not work for you, try clearing your cache. That seems to fix it.
1. Go offline by removing your internet connection from your XBox.
2. Sign in on the dashboard (offline)
3. "Move" (not copy) your Gears of War 3 player data and Campaign data to a memory card or usb portable hard drive.
4. "Move" (not copy) your gamertag to the same memory card or usb portable hard drive. It'll say you need to sign-out first before you can move your gamertag. Go ahead and confirm this when it prompts you.
5. Sign in on the dashboard (offline) with your gamertag from the same memory card or usb portable hard drive that you transferred your data to and start the Gears of War 3 game.
6. When you see the first Epic logo appear when starting up your Gears of War 3 game, physically remove the memory card or usb portable hard drive from your Xbox and ignore the message that appears about placing the unit back in.
7. Press start on your controller and go to your stats/awards. If you check your Achievements and Campaign Collectables, they should be empty.
8. Plug-in your memory card or usb portable hard drive back into your Xbox. When you do this, wait a few seconds and it should automatically take you back to the Gears 3 logo where it tells you to press start (but don't actually press start on your controller). Instead exit back to the dashboard.
9. "Move" (not copy) your updated/modified Gears of War 3 player data and your gamertag from your memory card or usb portable hard drive back to your Xbox 360 hard drive but DO NOT MOVE OR COPY your Campaign data back to your hard drive.
10. Remove your memory card or usb portable hard drive from your XBox 360.
11. Sign back in with your gamertag and start up Gears of War 3 (offline) and check to see if your campaign collectibles are gone. If you did the steps correctly, they should be gone.
12. Now you can connect or go back online with your Xbox 360, sign in with your gamertag and start up your Gears of War 3 game.
You should now be able to acquire all of the medals, achievements, avatars and weapon skins you weren't able to acquire when you were reset.
Even though you will still have your achievements that you've earned listed in the game, the game will think you don't have any achievements.
So you'll frequently see an achievement progression bar pop-up for all achievements while playing. This will go away after you actually got the achievement again.
This method will allow everyone who has been reset to acquire the crimson weapon skins, all 3 of the avatar awards, all of the medals including "for the horde" now and everything else as well.
You will have to re-acquire all of the collectibles in the campaign/arcade mode and you'll also need to complete campaign/arcade on hardcore in order to play it on insane.
Thanks for reading guys, any extra information you can contribute would be welcome