Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: INSANEE RUMBL3R

Default Are we going to see Griffin Again?

at the end of the act where we meet Griffin, Griffin says he will see Marcus again, will we ever see Griffin again?

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Not in gears 3. Nor will we see him in Judgment. Griffin was only introduced to the story in Gears 3.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Redeemer
    Gibs here, gibs there, pieces of me everywhere (UK)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Louix BlenkTron

Tao's Post = [/thread]
    I survived the Ban-Hammer by using my Shield-of-Truth

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ManicRaider

There are a lot of factors when it comes to Griffin. He did leave on a (slight) cliffhanger however that doesn't necessarily mean they want to use him again for a sequel. On the other hand, why get (pay) for someone like Ice T to do the voice of a character with such small screen-time and once again, leaving with a vendetta against the COG? In my opinion they either left his character open for a sequel or it was bad writing. If anyone disagrees with either, please share your opinion.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Not in gears 3. Nor will we see him in Judgment. Griffin was only introduced to the story in Gears 3.
    but that's not to say that he wasn't previously there... he didn't just appear, so who knows, maybe he CAN. Not saying he will, but maybe it's possible.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ManicRaider View Post
    There are a lot of factors when it comes to Griffin. He did leave on a (slight) cliffhanger however that doesn't necessarily mean they want to use him again for a sequel. On the other hand, why get (pay) for someone like Ice T to do the voice of a character with such small screen-time and once again, leaving with a vendetta against the COG? In my opinion they either left his character open for a sequel or it was bad writing. If anyone disagrees with either, please share your opinion.
    I 100% agree with you on the bad writing part. Griffin didn't really get any closure for his part in the game. If I had written Griffin's chapter, I would've ended it with Marcus and the other guys cutting the cables to his cable car while he made his grand exit flipping us the bird. At least then, I'd get more satisfaction in finishing that chapter and a loose end would've been tied up. He's a funny character to listen to during Horde and other multiplayer games, but I can't stand him in the campaign.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Maybe. Sometime.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by D4u2s0t View Post
    but that's not to say that he wasn't previously there... he didn't just appear, so who knows, maybe he CAN. Not saying he will, but maybe it's possible.
    Ice T said he's not working on Judgment. So hes not in that game anyway.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Maybe he's gagged!
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ElGordo94

I doubt we'll see him again. Gears of War 3 ended the Locust and Lambent story. So there won't be a Sequel, so Marcus and Griffin will never meet again. Or at least we won't see it in a game. And if we do see him in Judgement, it won't be significant at all.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SBobRoundPants

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Axe View Post
    I 100% agree with you on the bad writing part. Griffin didn't really get any closure for his part in the game. If I had written Griffin's chapter, I would've ended it with Marcus and the other guys cutting the cables to his cable car while he made his grand exit flipping us the bird. At least then, I'd get more satisfaction in finishing that chapter and a loose end would've been tied up. He's a funny character to listen to during Horde and other multiplayer games, but I can't stand him in the campaign.
    Well put Cosmic-I 100% agree with you! And your chapter end is much better than what was written. I absolutely HATE Griffin-so if I never see him again,I'm cool with that.
    SBobRoundPants onXBL
    Big Thanks to VIKING for the Kick Ass COG Tags and CrypticAshes for Adam Fenix!
    EGFC Member, Onyx Guard and XBox Live Ambassador
    Insane Horde, Insane Beast, KOTH and Professional Swearing Enthusiast

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

No we wont. The cable snapped behind the scenes and he fell to his death.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clone Recon

Maybe in a future dlc for judgement. That would be cool.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheEternalKira

It could be they did intend to resolve this but it was cut from the game. I honestly expected a begrudging Stranded force helping out in the finale in some way, possibly with Franklin, Chaps, Hanley and of course Griffin having united them despite his hatred of the COG.
    (Formerly rebeltrooper123) "You want me to give you a code, AND ADD YOU?!?!? Who do you think I am, Jesus?!?!?" -Tkavil3

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

I hope not
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rabb Rakha

TAO knows everything so believe him.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clayman XIII

Maybe just for a MP skin, that'll be about it though.
    I was there when she took her final breath. She pulled me in close and she said, "You're the one." She said, "They chose you, long before you were ever in existence." And I understood what she meant. Her touch could save the world but her kiss burns it to the ground. I love you, Sister Abigail.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Even though the Locust/Lambent are dead, I believe there will be a sequel to Gears of War 3. Who the protagonists/antagonists will be I can't say. But I just don't see Epic leaving that universe behind permanently, or simply creating prequels and side stories from here on out. If that's true, there's always a chance Griffin could make an appearance again, or possibly even be the bad guy.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    That would be hilarious! I would've loved to see that happen in the cut-scene!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DownInFlames85

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    If only...if only...
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrodeadmetal View Post
    I would like to say thanks ... downinflames 85 for being a great friend playing the gears series and other games as well while I'm laughing my head off which isn't helping at all!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    This forum, and everyone in it, is the reason why I love it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    Even though the Locust/Lambent are dead, I believe there will be a sequel to Gears of War 3. Who the protagonists/antagonists will be I can't say. But I just don't see Epic leaving that universe behind permanently, or simply creating prequels and side stories from here on out. If that's true, there's always a chance Griffin could make an appearance again, or possibly even be the bad guy.
    You are not going to see a direct sequel to Gears of War 3 without rebooting the whole thing. The Locust are done. A direct sequel won't work. Cliffy said as much as they won't be extending the story line beyond it. The war is done. Anything else will be prequels or things involving other teams but still won't take place after Gears 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

He was with the stranded, so I do t expect to see him in GOWJ as they weren't really around then I believe. I wouldn't want to see him either.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xraidernation15

hopefully well see him again. but i doubt it

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STILRZBOY

I can't cite the specific source, but I remeber reading that when envisioning the story for the new game they did not want to do "another" human vs. human shooter.
    *Member of the EGFC*
    Special Thanks to all that have blessed me with codes I missed by not being a Gears fan earlier!
    \\*// 07/07/12; \\*// 12/17/12; \\*// 03/04/13; \\*// 01/29/14
    Judgment Re-Up 3 Lvl: 11
    Thanks bunneeHOP for helping me get the Ivory Skin Reaper Killed-GhostofDelta2 Thank You

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post

Not gonna' happen. Delta's story is done, and with the end of Gears 3, so is the franchise's.

(As in, the story ends with Gears of War 3)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    You are not going to see a direct sequel to Gears of War 3 without rebooting the whole thing. The Locust are done. A direct sequel won't work. Cliffy said as much as they won't be extending the story line beyond it. The war is done. Anything else will be prequels or things involving other teams but still won't take place after Gears 3.
    A direct sequel isn't necessary, simply a game that takes place in the same universe that involves Griffin. I'm thinking along the lines of say Prometheus/Alien.

Also I hadn't read Cliff saying that but, honestly, I wouldn't believe it for a minute. I can believe that the story might be on the shelf for now, and they don't plan on expanding it for now, and maybe they want to go on to make new things for now. Maybe it'll be 10 years before they get around to it, or maybe they actually never will. I'm reluctant to believe it's actually done. This isn't a form of denial, just serious skepticism.

There's money-making potential in expanding the story in all directions. The notion of capping it is, if nothing else, kind of dumb.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by swfantoby03 View Post
    I can't cite the specific source, but I remeber reading that when envisioning the story for the new game they did not want to do "another" human vs. human shooter.
    That's a bummer. I would've been excited to see a Gears game take place during the Pendulum Wars.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    Personally, I'm glad they ended the storyline with Gears 3. Anything else that takes place after it would be like overmilking a cash cow. (Halo 4, I'm looking at you! 0_0)

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RVB Lara Croft

He does have an imulsion factory. Could show him during the business days.
    Wow
    Such Forums
    Very Gears
    Many Epics

I can imagine seeing the magazine cover that his him during the days when his imulsion business was booming. But they wouldn't really be able to factor him into the GOWJ if they did. And if anybody didn't notice, Chaps and Franklin never showed up in GOW3.
    "And Sera burned." - Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant
    Gears of War 1 - 1200/1250 Dom RAAM
    Gears of War 2 - 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 - 1900/2000 Hoffman RAAM Onyx: 48 Gold: 11 Silver: 6
    Gears of War: Judgment - 1500/1500

MSgt. Shooter Person
    on blood drive getting my arm ripped off.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: il Phil li

or maybe there will be some DLC for Judgement that deals with Griffin Imulsion, just not the Character Griffin?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Hopefully next time he won't have such a bad voice actor. And also has some good writing.

Really... I understand he's supposed to be a "bad-ass" stranded with a strong hatred towards the COG, but yelling "F*ck" five times a sentence isn't entertaining. Combine that with bad voice acting and you have a failure of a character.

Sorry, CliffyB, but picking Ice-T was a bad decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    Hopefully next time he won't have such a bad voice actor. And also has some good writing.

Really... I understand he's supposed to be a "bad-ass" stranded with a strong hatred towards the COG, but yelling "F*ck" five times a sentence isn't entertaining. Combine that with bad voice acting and you have a failure of a character.

Sorry, CliffyB, but picking Ice-T was a bad decision.
    it made a lot of sense, him being all anti authority...

but id agree that it seemed sort of random. almost as random as ice cube as a black ops soldier in vietnam. id guess that those sorts of casting decisions are a marketing gimmick to attract certain demographics.

he was a character i dont really mind either way if he shows back up.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

"DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by joal0503 View Post
    it made a lot of sense, him being all anti authority...

but id agree that it seemed sort of random. almost as random as ice cube as a black ops soldier in vietnam. id guess that those sorts of casting decisions are a marketing gimmick to attract certain demographics.

he was a character i dont really mind either way if he shows back up.
    Hence the middle part of my post.

I do understand why it was done, but it was annoying.

"F*cking COG bastards f*cking F*CK F*CK F*CK FC*CK YOU-- WHERE'S MY GOD DAMN SHAKE!?"

I kind of liked his ending speech there (a bit), but everything else was terrible, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You'll see griffin in your nightmares. He'll talk you to death and you'll wake up and play a bunch of atches until you run into a griffin then T-bag the crap out of him.
    \\《☆》//

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Guy View Post
    You'll see griffin in your nightmares. He'll talk you to death and you'll wake up and play a bunch of atches until you run into a griffin then T-bag the crap out of him.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

riiiigggggghhht...
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

"DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

Palace Guard

Griffin's tower was a good part of the campaign.

+ When he gave Marcus the finger, I lol'd.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearhead ExeC

I hope so :b I would love to see Marcus kick his a$$ :b

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STEVE IRBAN 627

After Gears 3 ended, my friends and I thought of a sequel involving Griffin. Like, he had an army of Stranded and they waged war on the COG. It obviously wouldn't happen but yeah...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sly Reflex

It's possible we'll see references to Griffin in Judgement.

I'm quite sad we didn't get to see Chaps, Hanley or Franklin in Gears 3. I used to love hearing them smack talk on Gears 2 in Meatflag.