Default Automation & Installation Issue

Hello,

First Post!

I have an issue with a set up we are using that requires some help. I have searched for the error I am getting several times and the answers make sense assuming I had an older or low end graphics card but I do not.

Currently I am automating a computer running a UDK built program. When the computer starts up in the morning it runs a batch file that basically uses a timer to wait for 5 minutes, giving windows time to load everything, then launches the UDK application. I have met with a lot of success with this type of automation but I have come across 2 computers in completely different locations that when they try to load UDK application give me and error like so:

"Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), which is required to run this game. Exiting...."

Just so we are clear I have 4 computers running at one location, with exactly the same hardware and set up and only one experiences this problem. I also have another computer at a different location with slightly different specs but using the same graphics card yet experiencing this problem as well.

Relevant System Specs:
    Intel i7 2600
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB (Recent Drivers)
    Windows 7 professional 64 bit (Fully Updated)
    16 gb Ram

Let me know if you need more specs, seems like the above should be enough.

I also want to point out that I am running the applications on DX9 in 32 bit mode.

Any help would be appreciated as this has me baffled, if I remote into the system and start the batch file or application myself it works flawlessly.

Thanks for all your help!

Redeemer

You got this problem with those pc specs ? also have you tried running UDK in 64 bit mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by reinrag View Post
    You got this problem with those pc specs ? also have you tried running UDK in 64 bit mode ?
    Yes With these specs this issue is coming up. I need to point out again though that when I manually start the batch or the application it works flawlessly.

From what I read 64 bit causes this issue more often and we have had issues running 64 bit in installs before, not this particular one but others we have not solved yet.

Redeemer

Alright, not sure if the log might help but you can still give it a shot, post the log here, so you mean you have set UDK to start automatically when your pc starts up right ?

Quote Originally Posted by reinrag View Post
    Alright, not sure if the log might help but you can still give it a shot, post the log here, so you mean you have set UDK to start automatically when your pc starts up right ?
    I will have to get the log later, unfotunately the install is in use right now.

I have a batch file that starts UDK, I find starting it right when windows starts causes other issues so I have put a time delay on the batch file before it launches UDK.