Default problem with morph target animation and matinee (UDK ver March 2010)

hi! oh Lords of this forum!

i need some helpe again, and i hope respond of you! please! please!

i have got a little problem with morph in matinee, i dont know where is the problem! because the morph targer in animtree and in the morph target set is ok, the morphings work properly here, but, hey dont work in matinee!! why!! i know my english is bad, so, i upload two pictures explain the problem and you can see configuration, names, and other things, i think!

help1.jpg
    help2.jpg
    hight resolution:
    help2.jpg
    help1.jpg

well... i need your help masters!

see you!
    Last edited by titobruni; 07-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.

well, i can play morh animation but only when i used skekeletalmeshMAT... but now, my body animation don┤t play !!!... another problem... again... well, i am going to post it here and i hope that someone can help me!

if i use skeletalmesh, i can play body animation, but i cannot play morphs
    if i use skeletalmeshMAT, i can play morphs, but i cannot play body...

why? please, help me...

Veteran

MAT handles both fine when set up properly. If your body animation is not playing in MAT it is because you have something wrong in the animtree or an incorrectly set up matinee. For it to work properly you must have slots set up.
    I run VoxHouse (VHSGames) and the UnrealDB.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.

i not sure.. i am going to see all again...

but, if you say is tru, why in skeletalMesh (not skeletealmeshMAT) the body animation is ok?

i┤ll try thay yu say anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    MAT handles both fine when set up properly. If your body animation is not playing in MAT it is because you have something wrong in the animtree or an incorrectly set up matinee. For it to work properly you must have slots set up.
    this is my animtree and matinee sets.
    animtre is simple with 4 morph and 1 body animation
    help4.jpghelp35.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    well! thanks!, i changed a little, my simple animtree for cinematic scene,...and i set all for convert to skeletalmeshMAT... the morph animation works well, and the bodyanimation too...

but.....

the bodyanimation is like... it dont start to oo frame... start in... ramdom? i dont sure... but it dont start to 0:00... another thing... if i dont set any anim n matinee... tha animtree animation (only one) start anyway... and this? why? please, help me one more time...

why? how?
    my animtree final animation and matinee set:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AvulXpC0bX...1600/help5.jpg

thanks again! thanks a a lot!

Veteran

Look at the settings of your individual animation nodes in the animtree, that is where the answers lay. It controls whether they play automatically, what point they begin from, whether they loop or not, etc.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.

i have set play and loop animation always... but another option setting? can you say me exactly "world"? please, my english is not well!!

i am continuing with the problem!
    Last edited by titobruni; 07-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.

ok, i get solution last problem... i set in animnode settings and i chek play, but uncheck loop.. and last, i set the current time in 0.00

the animation start in 0:00 now!

but... the morph animation looks like a bit slow or the sound, im not sure... when i use matinee the sound and morph are ok, but ingame, tey are not in properly sintony? why? any idea!...
    please! tha last question!

Veteran

I'm afraid there's no simple way for me to troubleshoot that, it could even be your hardware causing the lag in-game. If I were you I would verify it on another machine if you are using this for a release of some kind so you know if it's actually something that requires correction or just your pc.

i think like you... must be lag. only 0.5 secs, so when i anim the morphs, i fix 0.5 secs in my frames...

i havent another pc

Veteran

Glad you got it working.

solved!!! i simply divided the sound pieces (abou 1:30 minutes) in some short parts (for earch phrase...) so i get the same velocity in the sound and morph animation, and i have got the syncrony!!

see you! ands thanks for every things!!