MSgt. Shooter Person

Lightbulb Johnny 5 - Short Circuit Voicepack UT3

Name: Johnny 5 voicepack
    Version: 1
    Compatibility: Latest patch

I'm back with a new Voicepack, this time it's Johnny 5 from the 'Short Circuit' movies released in the 80's.
    Don't worry, it isn't all 'malfunction' and 'need input', he does have a few more one-liners in his vocabulary!

Download: Now available at Utzone.de

Go here

Let me know if it works ok.

Syex
    How about Xbots for UT3! So we can have more than one instance of the same model!

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Sweet! A new voice pack for UT3! I'll try it out soon and thanks for your sharing.

Amazing..

-Downloading and lmao ... then i will begin testing...

"stephanie!!!"

- i hope he says this when he dies..

"i choose many things for myself; but did not choose travelling in a box"

Redeemer

Thumbs up

Nice sound quality and that's one cute robot character from the 1986 film Short Circuit, unfortunately there are few issues: Got one missing quotation mark inside the UTCustomChar.ini shown in red text cause the character is not listed in the customization menu (only listed for bots at Instant Action work):
    Code:
    +Characters=(CharName="Johnny 5",Description="<Strings:Johnny5.CharLocData.Johnny5_Description>",CharID="Johnny",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UT3_Voice_Johnny5.Taunts.Johnny5>",CharData=(FamilyID="JHNY5",HeadID="C",TorsoID="B",ShoPadID="C",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="C",ThighsID="B",BootsID="C"))
    ...and also can't see the portrait of Johnny 5 inside the Liandri faction because you're using a TEXTUREGROUP_Character from the LODGroup drop-down menu (through UnrealEd), use TEXTUREGROUP_UI instead. In other words, great VP tested for bot gameplay.

EDIT (05-Jul-2012): add one more missing line in red text.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 07-05-2012 at 07:26 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Hi Tbks, no he doesn't, however, she does get a mention during one taunt!

Hi Tux, Thanks for checking out the voicepack, I actually had no problems until I added the missing speech mark, now I can't see the pic in the Liandri menu. I re-imported it with the TEXTUREGROUP_UI setting but it still didn't work. I figured it might be something to do with the DXT setting but I don't know how to change that. (Does Ally McBeal have the same problem?)

Why Epic has made it near impossible and extremely awkward to make voicepacks for UT3 is anyone's guess. It's such a frustratingly chaotic, clumsy and 'pain in the ass' process, I never completely remember how I've done what I've done!

Thanks anyway for pointing out this error, whether I like it or not it has to be solved! I wish Epic would make voicepacks in UT3 easy to make as in UT99! I guess I would like to continue making them. In the meantime any advice on the DXT issue would be appreciated. Also what is the meaning of 'bLocked'? Cheers.

Syex
    How about Xbots for UT3! So we can have more than one instance of the same model!

my UT3 has now stopped working

Check Tux' post.

i did - i did that change before i tried to load my ut3;

- i fixed ut3 by just renewing the config

- i really want to hear this voice pack
    - really wanna hear
    "numerous fragments, some small some large"

- why wont it work ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation

I'm working on it. I hope I can get some help with the issues I have, although I will try to get it sorted by beginning of next week.
    It's gonna get worse before it gets better I'm afraid. Standby.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I enjoyed really really much J5 back in the days (and DARYL and Navigator too)
    Thanks!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Syex View Post
    Hi Tux, Thanks for checking out the voicepack, I actually had no problems until I added the missing speech mark, now I can't see the pic in the Liandri menu. I re-imported it with the TEXTUREGROUP_UI setting but it still didn't work. I figured it might be something to do with the DXT setting but I don't know how to change that. (Does Ally McBeal have the same problem?)

Why Epic has made it near impossible and extremely awkward to make voicepacks for UT3 is anyone's guess. It's such a frustratingly chaotic, clumsy and 'pain in the ass' process, I never completely remember how I've done what I've done!

Thanks anyway for pointing out this error, whether I like it or not it has to be solved! I wish Epic would make voicepacks in UT3 easy to make as in UT99! I guess I would like to continue making them. In the meantime any advice on the DXT issue would be appreciated. Also what is the meaning of 'bLocked'? Cheers.

Syex
    No problem. No issues with your first pack but this one is a tiny problem. Your texture potrait is placed to the 'Taunts' group. One missing code in red text to solve this feature.
    Code:
    PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UT3_Voice_Johnny5.Taunts.Johnny5>"
    ...and bLocked means the character is not available on the customization section (only the bots will and unlock to make the character available).
    This game [UT3] was made with UE3, however, there's no way to edit the package instead of making using UnrealScript, compile/recompile, similarities to UE1 [UT99] and UE2 [UT2004].
    Last edited by Private Tux; 07-05-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post
    - i really want to hear this voice pack
    - really wanna hear
    "numerous fragments, some small some large"

- why wont it work ?
    Try using as a player and frag some bots.
    Edit: Made new config one at post #4.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 07-05-2012 at 07:29 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Lightbulb

I think I've done it!, Yes, it was down to where I placed the portrait. I sussed it not long after my previous post, however, thanks for the help Also it doesn't matter about DXT5.
    Now I'm having problems uploading to utzone. Probably have it sorted within the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by Syex; 07-05-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Syex View Post
    I think I've done it!, Yes, it was down to where I placed the portrait. I sussed it not long after my previous post, however, thanks for the help Also it doesn't matter about DXT5.
    Just my advice, buddy. And also, DXT5 is just for the high quality textures for the environment/custom characters throughout the game.

Now I'm having problems uploading to utzone. Probably have it sorted within the next 24 hours.
    Just upload your VP to the UTzone.de instead of posting a new thread of your VP (that's why I brought you an Ally McBeal VP to the section here).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Arrow

Utzone keeps messing up when I try to edit the post, it disappears then when it does come back there's 4 of the same posts! Edit: It's uploaded to utzone Here: Johnny5 (and others) At the time of writing this it's still waiting to be approved.

Let's hope it works this time.

Syex
    Last edited by Syex; 07-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I assume it's OK now? Works for me properly anyway.

Redeemer

Big Grin Such a cute robot VP!

Whaddya know, the voice pack really works now. Thanks for the fix (all because of me who helped ). All clips are funny for this cute robot when the player fragging bots, lol. Thanks for a bunch!

Thanks for the Input!

- although i think he should say "NO, nooooo disassemble"- when he dies, instead of j5 is alive; coz that makes no sense.

- cool work; funny image
    - now for character the rigging you need this...
    - http://3dmodel.domawe.com/2012/07/jo...del-robot.html

and some more free time;
    - or if i can get Eurechplayer to give me a character rig tutorial ; maybe - just maybe

Redeemer

Here's the page of this VP through my NEW homepage:
    http://privatetux.tuxandroid93.net/u...hnnyfive3.html
    Last edited by Private Tux; 08-09-2013 at 09:41 AM.

sorry to jump on this thread again;

- but ..@ TUX

For those to young to
    Should be
    For those too young to

- also cool you got a page; ill check it out

- This voice pack is great fun; for new players and for oldies who saw the film so long ago.
    Great work

Redeemer

Bump! URL updated, now with my new homepage is finally open:
    Five mirrors: my new homepage, Dropbox, UTzone.de, GameFront and UT-Files.com.