Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

Default How cool is this?.......

I was just sitting having a coffee and I look up and I see a guy wearing a Canadian shirt. He looked awfully familiar. Low and behold it was Rod Ferguson. I couldn't not say hi, so I introduced myself. I won't say where we were to ensure his privacy.....and mine. Likely see him often enough there though. Came off geniune and well...Canadian. For the record, he's a really nice guy. Only talked to him for a couple of minutes. If I didn't have kIds there I'd love to buy him a beer and thank him for his work.

Anyways....just wanted to share. I feel like a kid. LOL. Rod, if you see this and want to game with me shoot me a FR. Nice talking to you. Cheers.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

Boomshot

That is indeed awesome. I love Rod and I'm more than a little jelly right now
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Im also a little jelly, id love to meed Rod, out of all the people in the gaming industry he's definitely my favourite!
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    Im also a little jelly, id love to meed Rod, out of all the people in the gaming industry he's definitely my favourite!
    I don't like to play favorites, but i can't disagree with this statement.

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't like to play favorites, but i can't disagree with this statement.
    The fact that he's Canadian just puts him over the top when it comes to my favourite people in the gaming industry. XD
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

The fact that he's Canadian just puts him over the top when it comes to my favourite people in the gaming industry. XD
    Ottawa. Not too far from where I grew up, although he hadn't heard of my town. Haha. I've lived in NC longer though. Does that win me a weapon skin? LOL. I likely see many EPIC folks often and don't know it. I know a few have lived in my neighborhood. One left epic and moved not long ago. Met one while getting an X-ray a year or so ago.
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.

Boomshot

He just seems extremely personable to me, like the kinda person you could walk up to and be all "Omg I love you! Can i have a hug?" and he'd be totally cool with it lol.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

He just seems extremely personable to me, like the kinda person you could walk up to and be all "Omg I love you! Can i have a hug?" and he'd be totally cool with it lol.
    "Omg I love you! Can i have a hug?" - Im betting this is what you would do if you ever met him. XD
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot

"Omg I love you! Can i have a hug?" - Im betting this is what you would do if you ever met him. XD
    Duh, I didn't just pull that line out of nowhere

Veteran

Ahhh. Thats awesome. Rod seems like a really great guy and seeing him in real life is equatable to seeing a mythical beast or rare pokemon.
    Got GUNS do you wanna, take aim at each other?
    Got KNIVES have you seen 'em, in your backs where we keep 'em!
    Milky Idea's

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Totally was. Seemed like an everyman. For lack of a better word. Is that a word? He's just like you or me, but he just has a cooler job. :> Serously though. He reminds me of any number of friends I have in Canada or here in NC. Just a guy you could pour a pint with. Very friendly. Nice demeanor. He could have easily brushed me off as he likely gets bothered often by fans. Although I bet he lives in relative anonymity here. Maybe not. I don't know. It's hot as heck here and he was on his way out so I didn't want to pester him. Think we were going to hit 105F today. Still, it was cool to run into him. I'm not an awestruck kinda guy by any means. Still...I felt nervous. LOL.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Maybe I was wrong. According to my wife it isn't cool. Told her about my encounter last night and she made fun of me and called me a loser. Ouch babe. She didn't know the name and when I explained it still didn't think it was cool. Dang. Harsh. Oh well. She's not into video games. What can you do? But honey....he helped make Gears of War. You know that game that I sneak up to the bonus room to play when I can.....

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

Thank you for the series.....http://youtu.be/FBI68Il4Zsc

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

Looking very forward to "Judgement"..
    Last edited by PugdogsDaddy; 07-02-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PugdogsDaddy View Post
    Thank you for the series.....http://youtu.be/FBI68Il4Zsc
    That's awesome. I told him I couldn't wait and hoped it was baddass (judgement). Or something like that. Your link made me want a Canadian really bad. Thanks for that. Alli get here is Blue as far as Canadian beers. My hockey team always drinks it after the game. My old one that is. My current ice team only buys PBR, Bursch, or other cheap brand. Can't complain $10 for the season = win.

You should google and watch the Molson I am Canadian commercials. Pure gold.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by A CANADIAN View Post
    I was just sitting having a coffee and I look up and I see a guy wearing a Canadian shirt. He looked awfully familiar. Low and behold it was Rod Ferguson. I couldn't not say hi, so I introduced myself. I won't say where we were to ensure his privacy.....and mine. Likely see him often enough there though. Came off geniune and well...Canadian. For the record, he's a really nice guy. Only talked to him for a couple of minutes. If I didn't have kIds there I'd love to buy him a beer and thank him for his work.

Anyways....just wanted to share. I feel like a kid. LOL. Rod, if you see this and want to game with me shoot me a FR. Nice talking to you. Cheers.

u saw him @ hooters huh?

Boomshot
    London - At the Riffraff, blazing up - The light bulb is on, and burning brightly for the masses
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cryra TDS

Very cool that's awesome
    Find me on Twitter - @ProjectCryra

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Major Jellyness my good man.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

My level of jelly is very high.

He does seem like a very cool guy.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KeeferLbc View Post
    u saw him @ hooters huh?
    Nope. Pretty much the opposite of that. I played on Guardian with a guy names Cliffy Bleszinski. He was a great player and used a lot of good tricks. Not sure if he was the real cliffyb or not. Had no bio and friends not viewable. His character had a golden helmet too. Blue 71 rank. Would be funny if it was him. He stole a few of my downs too. Lol. Retro all the way and power weapons. He racked up 4 thousand points plus. He was good. Great even. Real Cliffy? I have no idea. Don't think so. I though his was epic something.

Time for bed. Double xp was fun.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

I don't see a 'OMG' in twitter

Yep, just a little BIT jelly
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs