View Poll Results: Should an obvious k/d stay?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay!

    45 44.55%
  • As the horse would say, Nay!

    56 55.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 92 of 92
  1. #81
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The rainy UK.
    Posts
    3,547
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BananaKrazy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Hey MLGProMcWhateveryournameis; you wanna find out your K/D for a certain gametype? Break out the pencil and paper. (Or... ask your mommy for her calculator.)
    Yeah, it's not that hard to figure out, but I think we should either have it in some form or get rid of it entirely, e.g Ranked k/d, not Quick.

    I keep repeating this suggestion because to be honest, it's probably better than my initial ideas.


    "My Kryll bring all the Berserkers to the yard, and they're like, I beat you on insane it's not hard" - General Raam ft. Berserker.




  2. #82
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    339
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TyIs PwninNoobs

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    All games have already gotten rid of a visible "Trueskill Rank" for municipal reasons, and now the next thing people wish to get rid of is your K/D ratio? Im in favor of keeping them, Stats don't bother me since they are cold hard facts, It is also nice to look at your team vs the team you VS'd post match.

    I don't know why K/D Padders bother people either? If they want to leave every match then let them. If they only play with other players they deem "Top Notch" Whatever, let them have their priorities, but it certainly shouldn't bother you aside from avoiding said idiot, and spreading the word about their unsportsmanlike conduct if you care to.

    I would be "kind of" in favor of having a potential Visible/Invisible Stats Page, but then all you will do is give players more reason to make fun of you and say you are bad at a videogame... I can see it now.

    Example: ("You afraid everyone would see how much of a BK you are so you gotta hide your stats scrub? Lol pathetic...)

    It really is a no win sitution if we remove, hide, or even leave the stats as they be. Because to some people feel gaming is this ultra-competitive realm, where some people must shake their gaming C***s all day, whearas in the opposite spectrum we have players who simply want to enjoy the Fragfest that is GOW without worrying about the Competitive nature of VS Multiplayer games.

    Honestly i fall closer to the competitive side purely because i find it very enjoyable to compete, but that is just me. (:

    I still wouldn't dream of caring enough about K/D or Win/Loss for it to bother me in the way it bothers both the K/D padders and the "Casual Players" that may get harassed on occasion for bad stats.

    But overall i think having a K/D is a "neccisary evil" and only boost's people's willingness to play the game, like 'Trueskill stats" always kept me coming back to Halo 2/3 and Gears 2. All other ranking stats are meaningless whether you are a 400 or lvl 1. I would sooner remove the pointless Rank System than bother with removing Statistics on a player that actually mean something.
    You say you're competitive and like to win, as do I. I do not like, however, when some k/d padder and his buddy join a game, get on my team, die twice with no kills and then leave. Pretty much a guaranteed loss against any half competent team. That is why k/d padders piss me off. I don't like losing because someone else is worried about their fake 3.0 k/d.

  3. #83
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    95
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: EVOL7N

    Default

    Hey OP let me ask you a question, what's your K/D and W/L ratio?
    Gears of War I 1250/1250
    Gears of War II 1750/1750

    Gear Pro/Veteran since '06 GoW Hall of Fame Ranked

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Black Ops 2 Lobby
    Posts
    16,129
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

    Default

    People left games in GoW2 for their K/D, people do it on MW3, BF3; just about any FPS or TPS out there. I don't really think stats is a major issue

  5. #85
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    339
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TyIs PwninNoobs

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    People left games in GoW2 for their K/D, people do it on MW3, BF3; just about any FPS or TPS out there. I don't really think stats is a major issue
    It's obviously a big issue because of the actions it makes the masses take to preserve them.

  6. #86
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The rainy UK.
    Posts
    3,547
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BananaKrazy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evol7n View Post
    Hey OP let me ask you a question, what's your K/D and W/L ratio?
    I can give you a rough idea, but I haven't played Gears for like over a month...

    k/D = 1.9

    W/L = 2.4?

    Those are roughly right anyway, may be slightly lower or slightly higher, I can't remember for sure. Like I said before, I don't play with a team because I don't have the FoN DLC, and I play Quick match if that matters to you. If you're suggesting that I want stats removed because I'm crap, I already refuted this argument; it's not true.
    Last edited by Locust BarmyArmy; 07-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.


    "My Kryll bring all the Berserkers to the yard, and they're like, I beat you on insane it's not hard" - General Raam ft. Berserker.




  7. #87
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    339
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TyIs PwninNoobs

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locust BarmyArmy View Post
    I can give you a rough idea, but I haven't played Gears for like over a month...

    k/D = 1.9

    W/L = 2.4?

    Those are roughly right anyway, may be slightly lower or slightly higher, I can't remember for sure. Like I said before, I don't play with a team because I don't have the FoN DLC, and I play Quick match if that matters to you. If you're suggesting that I want stats removed because I'm crap, I already refuted this argument; it's not true.
    He's just trying to make himself look cool and be "funny" Don't waste your time replying to crap like that! You don't need to justify your stats to anyone. Mine are crap because I play by myself and I took a break from gears 2 before the lvl 1-100 was implemented so it took me a while to get back in the groove of things.

    I'm running like 1.3 k/d and 1.2 w/l if I remember right and I consider myself a good player. It just depends on the teamates you get.
    Last edited by PTFD243; 07-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.

  8. #88
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I am where I am, am I not?
    Posts
    268

    Default

    No W/L No K/D = More fun
    \\《☆》//

  9. #89
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario, California
    Posts
    148
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XxBlackShadoxX

    Default

    I like looking at my stats, and other people's stats, they are there for a reason. If you don't care about them and want them removed, then don't even look at them. Because not everyone would like them removed. And if you are truly concenered about not seeing them maybe epic could make an option were it hides your stats and everyone else's, but thats as unlikely as them removing stats.

  10. #90
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The rainy UK.
    Posts
    3,547
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BananaKrazy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxBlackShadoxX View Post
    I like looking at my stats, and other people's stats, they are there for a reason. If you don't care about them and want them removed, then don't even look at them. Because not everyone would like them removed. And if you are truly concenered about not seeing them maybe epic could make an option were it hides your stats and everyone else's, but thats as unlikely as them removing stats.
    Not sure whether you read the thread, but my problem is not looking at my own stats. As I said, I think my stats are relatively good, nothing amazing, but solid none the less. My problem is when people leave games and leave me facing a full team basically alone, because they are too busy trying to keep their own stats from dropping.

    Looking at my stats is certainly not the problem.


    "My Kryll bring all the Berserkers to the yard, and they're like, I beat you on insane it's not hard" - General Raam ft. Berserker.




  11. #91
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Coordinates: 26░42′35″N 80░03′51″W
    Posts
    1,124
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: I3OTERO

    Default

    I agree with the op, they are useless stats anyway, much like the rank system. Its so easy to private boost game types, or weapons that how can u really trust anyones K/D or w/l ratio????? As for w/l some people travel only teams and others only solo, so obviously (if the team is decent) they should each have better w/l ratios. I enjoy looking at ribbons and kills, and pretty much all of the stats on the game, but I do think that the kd and wl add to the amount of people playing the "wrong" way (by that I mean not as a team, kill stealing, not going for objectives, quitting early etc and not for everyone it just adds to the people who play with these styles because the want good stats). Plus with your kills available, and your deaths available its a simple equation to figure out.
    Insane Horde Group Member, also big KOTH fan, invites and FR's welcome
    Rocketback silverkills anyone?
    I WILL FOREVER DISLIKE GOWJ FOR THE REMOVAL OF HORDE

  12. #92
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The rainy UK.
    Posts
    3,547
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BananaKrazy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy157 View Post
    I agree with the op, they are useless stats anyway, much like the rank system. Its so easy to private boost game types, or weapons that how can u really trust anyones K/D or w/l ratio????? As for w/l some people travel only teams and others only solo, so obviously (if the team is decent) they should each have better w/l ratios. I enjoy looking at ribbons and kills, and pretty much all of the stats on the game, but I do think that the kd and wl add to the amount of people playing the "wrong" way (by that I mean not as a team, kill stealing, not going for objectives, quitting early etc and not for everyone it just adds to the people who play with these styles because the want good stats). Plus with your kills available, and your deaths available its a simple equation to figure out.
    Ta for posting


    "My Kryll bring all the Berserkers to the yard, and they're like, I beat you on insane it's not hard" - General Raam ft. Berserker.





 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •