MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MattDaddy V1

Default Boomshot In GOW:J Question

Just read an interview with Cliffy stating that as far as he knows the Boomshot is only a 'Spot Holder' for another weapon in All GOW:J Videos/Pics. Has there been any actual confirmation on this?

Was just wondering because it makes sense not to have it. I'm pretty sure that Boomshots were introduced in Gears 1 via the Boomers and I as I recall one of Delta asks who they are and someone (Dom's Voice Is floating through my head) says something about 'damn there almost as big as u Cole.' Am I correct or am I going Bat $h!t crazy lol
    Gears Of War 2: 1750/1750 28/10/10 Gears Of War 3: 2000/2000 11/11/12
    Thanks To KillerMule85 For saving my Bacon & Dragging My Sorry Backside Through Insane Beast, 'I've Got This' & The Ultimate Prize The Big 3.0! Thanks to Orion & Nunchake for the Classic HB & Paintball Codes

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by MattDaddy V1 View Post
    Just read an interview with Cliffy stating that as far as he knows the Boomshot is only a 'Spot Holder' for another weapon in All GOW:J Videos/Pics. Has there been any actual confirmation on this?

Was just wondering because it makes sense not to have it. I'm pretty sure that Boomshots were introduced in Gears 1 via the Boomers and I as I recall one of Delta asks who they are and someone (Dom's Voice Is floating through my head) says something about 'damn there almost as big as u Cole.' Am I correct or am I going Bat $h!t crazy lol
    They existed before gears 1 bro. Novels and common knowledge pretty much say so.

Either way, the boom shot is a spot holder for the soldier class in overrun because it proved to be super overpowered in that mode.
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MattDaddy V1

Quote Originally Posted by FullDiamond View Post
    They existed before gears 1 bro. Novels and common knowledge pretty much say so.

Either way, the boom shot is a spot holder for the soldier class in overrun because it proved to be super overpowered in that mode.
    So did I imagine that conversation from Gears 1?

Just glad the boomshots gone, I might died a 'little' less lol Thanks
    Gears Of War 2: 1750/1750 28/10/10 Gears Of War 3: 2000/2000 11/11/12
    Thanks To KillerMule85 For saving my Bacon & Dragging My Sorry Backside Through Insane Beast, 'I've Got This' & The Ultimate Prize The Big 3.0! Thanks to Orion & Nunchake for the Classic HB & Paintball Codes

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

The boomshot in Overrun is a place holder for a new, unannounced weapon.

The boomers have been in the fight since E-Day. The boomers were introduced to US in Gears 1. It was a way for the game to explain it to us, since we as the player JUST started.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

So did I imagine that conversation from Gears 1?

Just glad the boomshots gone, I might died a 'little' less lol Thanks
    Like TAO and Diamond said, Boom is a placeholder now because it is OP in Overrun.

As for the conversation you didn't imagine it, it did happen in the Gears 1 campaign. It was just to introduce the player to the new enemy
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheEternalKira

I'd love for it to be the placeholder for a Gut Puncher or Stomper.
    (Formerly rebeltrooper123) "You want me to give you a code, AND ADD YOU?!?!? Who do you think I am, Jesus?!?!?" -Tkavil3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kid below zer0

Boomshot is op period it needs to go back to two shots and nerfed and also i always thought it was stupid how a guy could be right in front of you and you could shoot at the ground and roll and you can live usually you dont kill yourself with the boom unless your already hurt it has no place in the game if you ask me

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by kid_below_-0 View Post
    Boomshot is op period it needs to go back to two shots and nerfed and also i always thought it was stupid how a guy could be right in front of you and you could shoot at the ground and roll and you can live usually you dont kill yourself with the boom unless your already hurt it has no place in the game if you ask me
    The Boomshot isn't going anywhere.

It does however need to be on less maps.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

I seriously hope the Boomshot gets a 3-4 second reload time. Currently it's absurd.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: caramelcardinal

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post

The boomers have been in the fight since E-Day. The boomers were introduced to US in Gears 1. It was a way for the game to explain it to us, since we as the player JUST started.
    the same is true with therons aswell since till the end of act 3 marcus and dom never knew they existed
    Gridlock remade in halo reach forge works with all gametypes can be found here

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal

Boomshot
    Soloing Top Lane. Can't camp your tower I got perfect harass.

Quote Originally Posted by CaramelCardinal View Post
    the same is true with therons aswell since till the end of act 3 marcus and dom never knew they existed
    Not necessarily. They could've known their existence through word of mouth but had never actually come into contact with one. Thus not recognizing it when they see it.
    Need help with the 500 Silverback Rocket kills achievement? Visit the Silverback Service Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallysafe View Post
    I have never seen someone give someone else a code because they were fed up. This is a first.
    Enjoy your LGS EXTREME NOOBHUNTER. Thanks FL4K for my Mech Baird and III LYCAN III for my SGE.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Why are so many people hating on the BoomShot it's been since GoW 1 and no need for so much difficulty to kill some players...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

Quote Originally Posted by SleepzBlu View Post
    Why are so many people hating on the BoomShot it's been since GoW 1 and no need for so much difficulty to kill some players...
    Gamers always hate grenade launchers. They are called noob tubes or something. My US teen lingo isn't up to scratch. However I love grenade launchers.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAAMzilla

'Spot Holder'? Hmm, perhaps then there's luck that the screenshot featuring Cole wielding the Sawed-Off is simply just a Spot Holder also.
    Quote Originally Posted by v i t z View Post
    bAAstard.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SleepzBlu View Post
    In the 1 life game types 3 Boomshots are essentially 3 free kills out of 5. The weapon kinda forces teams to create a strategy around it or lose, it's not a bad thing but with it being on so many maps it can viewed as such.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

This is correct and confirmed by Quinn DelHoyo
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

Gamer IDs

But Baird has.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

But Baird did. Marcus and Dom were not the only two people in the war, and they didn't know everything. It doesn't matter, gameplay trumps canon, if its fun and works its going in the game, players need to get over it.

Edit: Tao, damn you.

But Baird has.
    At some point people are going to get off this whole canon kick and realize that NEW ideas are going into a game. Remember this whole Gears trilogy is a small snapshot of a gigantic war. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. The narrow-mindedness needs to stop.

Delta isn't the only team in the war. They aren't the only ones out fighting, and they do not have access to anything other than what they are told. Hence how you can do "confidential" style unveilings in the Gears Judgment story.

Just because we didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. Kantus didn't appear in 6 months between Gears 1 and 2 did they? No. Epic came up with a new idea, and put it in the game. Otherwise people would be complaining there are no new enemies..
    Last edited by NFI; 07-02-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    But Baird did. Marcus and Dom were not the only two people in the war, and they didn't know everything. It doesn't matter, gameplay trumps canon, if its fun and works its going in the game, players need to get over it.

Edit: Tao, damn you.

At some point people are going to get off this whole canon kick and realize that NEW ideas are going into a game. Remember this whole Gears trilogy is a small snapshot of a gigantic war. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. The narrow-mindedness needs to stop.

Delta isn't the only team in the war. They aren't the only ones out fighting, and they do not have access to anything other than what they are told. Hence how you can do "confidential" style unveilings in the Gears Judgment trilogy.

Just because we didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. Kantus didn't appear in 6 months between Gears 1 and 2 did they? No. Epic came up with a new idea, and put it in the game. Otherwise people would be complaining there are no new enemies..
    lol.

And I agree. People forget that things are going to change. Whether minute or not, sometimes things have to change to make it better.