MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infractiionz

Default A question about the hit detection changes from gears 2

So, After playing and thinking thoroughly about this, I find besides running against a mexinection from Canada, even on host, I have huge trouble telling who is.

If anyone knows the answer or can confirm my ideas please tell me.

It seems in gears 2, when you lagged, and fired a bullet of any kind, it would take "x" amount of time to connect to the host that the shot was fired. (Which is why I always try to tell people, host isn't LITERALLY stronger, just more accurate/ faster in a way) So if I fire a sniper shot at someones head while they are roadie running, the time for the shot to register to the host, means the person is no longer in the same area, thus no headshot.

What I've found happens in gears 3 though, is that the game seems to take a snapshot of your screen before connecting to the host, so that even if there IS SEVERE latency issues, the shot still registers as a head shot. Multiple times I've gotten supermans on standing still opponents, only to have them jump half a second after they see me, and the headshot registers after they jump, even though I shot them a second before while they were standing still.

My question is, has there actually been any change in the hit detection/registry to compensate with laggy matches, so that no matter what, so long as the players' game shows a hitbox connection, that no matter what the lag. the bullets still register, they just take longer to take effect?
    2.7 K/d Warzone
    2.7 W/L Warzone

Old top 30 execution.

Gt's Were RiderlessKubota F4t3x0fxAxG0d and Infractiionz

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

What you basically saw in Gears 2 was called SSHD(Server Side Hit Detection). In TU6 of Gears 2 most things changed to CSHD(Client Side Hit Detection).

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0G Sniper

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseRawr View Post
    What you basically saw in Gears 2 was called SSHD(Server Side Hit Detection). In TU6 of Gears 2 most things changed to CSHD(Client Side Hit Detection).

I was infinitely better at Gears 2 after TU6. It worked so much better for me. No one else seems to agree though. TU6 gets a lot of hate around here.
    YouTube
    Twitter
    The Super Duper Secret Exclusive Mechanic Baird club
    Need help with the forum or Gears? Just ask. I'd be happy to help.
    "Ohhh... bacon."

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

Quote Originally Posted by Cole. View Post

I was infinitely better at Gears 2 after TU6. It worked so much better for me. No one else seems to agree though. TU6 gets a lot of hate around here.

Most of the complaints on TU6 were due to the hardaiming advantage with the gnasher. I remember a lot of complaints about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole. View Post

That's cuz it rewards ppl with garbage connections over ppl with good connection

Pp lag there connections o just have bad ones and become superman.. You shot them they don't die yet one **** will kill you

This is why I and many other hate cshd