Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slicersrevenge

Default Even more confused

I started a thread earlier wanting to know why certain opinion threads were being locked (I'm relatively new here). I wasn't complaining more wanting to know why a thread would be locked.
    Several seasoned members were kind enough to reply. One poster wondered, jokingly I think, if the thread would get locked. It didn't. It got deleted.
    Why does a perfectly reasonable thread asking about thread locking policies and containing tips on how to avoid threads likely to be locked get erased? I'm seriously (no pun intended) confused. Am I not allowed to ask these questions?

If this is not the right place to voice these concerns, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me where I can or who I should contact.

Thanks.
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for Commando Dom and Young Marcus - Enjoy your retirement!
    Thanks to Lauren Faust for Paintball weapon skin, BRUTE for Web weapon skin and PopeAdrian37th for Neon skin
    Seriously 3.0 earned Sept 30th 2012

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

Bringing up threads that got deleted will result in this thread also being deleted. Just letting you know so that you are not surprised when this thread is deleted as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DanTheGamer11

Hey that was me Bro the last time I asked about the rules etc I got an infraction..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3OTERO

Its usually because the threads get off track, or new ones get started, or people start a flame you have to clean out the old thread inbox once in a while or there would be piles of thread trash everywhere, pretty sure thats about it.
    Insane Horde Group Member, also big KOTH fan, invites and FR's welcome
    Rocketback silverkills anyone?
    I WILL FOREVER DISLIKE GOWJ FOR THE REMOVAL OF HORDE

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bacon Carmine

Threads that are in a section, let's say Gears of War 3 for this one, are supposed to be about Gears of War 3. So if you post a thread asking about why threads are being locked, it's not about the game and it will be locked or deleted.

It's not only that... I am known here for making joke threads, which are in fact about Gears 3. But some of them were considered spam by the mods and deleted. (Hence the reason why I stopped doing them.)
    If you want to see all my Forum or Gears Parodies just check here! Click!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slicersrevenge

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggs View Post
    Threads that are in a section, let's say Gears of War 3 for this one, are supposed to be about Gears of War 3. So if you post a thread asking about why threads are being locked, it's not about the game and it will be locked or deleted.

It's not only that... I am known here for making joke threads, which are in fact about Gears 3. But some of them were considered spam by the mods and deleted. (Hence the reason why I stopped doing them.)
    That makes sense. I'll stick with Gears 3 topics then. Thanks.
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for Commando Dom and Young Marcus - Enjoy your retirement!
    Thanks to Lauren Faust for Paintball weapon skin, BRUTE for Web weapon skin and PopeAdrian37th for Neon skin
    Seriously 3.0 earned Sept 30th 2012

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reapergameboss

U didnt read the rules lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicersrevenge View Post
    I started a thread earlier wanting to know why certain opinion threads were being locked (I'm relatively new here). I wasn't complaining more wanting to know why a thread would be locked.
    Several seasoned members were kind enough to reply. One poster wondered, jokingly I think, if the thread would get locked. It didn't. It got deleted.
    Why does a perfectly reasonable thread asking about thread locking policies and containing tips on how to avoid threads likely to be locked get erased? I'm seriously (no pun intended) confused. Am I not allowed to ask these questions?

If this is not the right place to voice these concerns, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me where I can or who I should contact.

Thanks.
    Threads that are flame bait, classic "flame war topics", or generally off topic will get closed or deleted depending on the severity of the case.

If you have a thread that was closed or deleted and you would like to know why, you can check the forum rules to see if your thread broke any of the rules. If you are still confused as to why, then feel free to pm Flak or myself

Closing this down as the question has been answered

@Dan~ No one gets an infraction for simply asking about the rules.
    Cher
    Find me on Twitter: @iCherLeigh
    And Facebook: here