Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H2KxDEVIOUSx787

I miss how fast you were able to revive someone or pick up weapons. I miss Gears 2 style of Execution. Gears 2 hammer I feel was better.

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    I am the Executioner and I love to see you die and forget about respawning because now you are just watching until the next rnd. where if you make the same mistake you don't get a second chance..Just watch an learn..This quote has been officially sponsored by Execution where mistakes are not welcomed...REVIVE ME!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hazmaticz

I really miss the gears of war 1 headshots. The way the blood gushed out and that popping sound you get from it made my adrenaline pump... I think that would be a great addition to bring back. Gears 2 and 3 headshots just looked and sounded so bland..

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W RAUL W

I really loved the classic gibs they were epic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Unyinz View Post
    Weird, I see more bodies "comically flying" in Gears 3. It seems like the bodies almost explode when Gnashered, instead of falling to pieces like in Gears 1 and 2. In fact, I remember seeing bodies be pushed back when getting Gnashered in Gears 2, which I always thought was pretty cool.

I also preferred the blood in Gears 1, but that's purely opinion.

Agreed, the gibs in Gears 3 is not realistic. Shoot someone with the sawed-off and see their bodies flying across the map its looks silly.

Running over their corpse while hearing that gushing sound needs to return. Good stuff
    Where are Marcus's Gears 1+2 death screams.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doctor Pie 7056

I would love original gibs but I doubt its ever gonna happen :/
    I have a shotgun
    Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RoboSeal1

Quote Originally Posted by XDivineSchism View Post
    Agreed, the gibs in Gears 3 is not realistic. Shoot someone with the sawed-off and see their bodies flying across the map its looks silly.

Running over their corpse while hearing that gushing sound needs to return. Good stuff
    I miss end of round dancing on all the body parts GISH GUSH GUSH GUSH lol

Redeemer

I miss the GOW2 picture taking. It was a far-cry from a true theater mode, but it was still kinda fun to use. GOW2 had its moments that were worth recording. I think the picture rating system was pretty useless though.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Forgot to add, i hope the Default weapon skins return to the shiny Versions from Gears 2, if u dont know what i mean check out a gears 2 vid on youtube, lancer looked silver and chrome plated gnasher was black and shiny with no rust (gears 3 looked horrible) on the other hand hammerburst always looked ugly lol

I also miss the hot red barrels from gears 2 rifles, they are there in gears 3 but are lost with weapon skins, can be seen on bots though
    Last edited by RoboSeal1; 08-17-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt Reed 24

Quote Originally Posted by RoboSeal1 View Post
    Tac Com- bubbles wont happen, too cluttered but my idea was to make a better taccom system assuming its the same as Gears 3, check the sig
    As long as their is a alternate control scheme to keep it on LB, I don't care how they change the tac com.

CLASSIC GIBS!- this one is huge, nothing felt better than to win the outcome of a shotty battle and to see your opponents body flying while barely held together, the gears 3 gibs were nowhere near as awesome as classic gibs PLEASE RETURN
    Completely agree.

BLOOD & GORE!- blood is almost non existant in 3, as much as the blood splatter on screen got annoying sometimes i DO MISS IT! The chainsawing was brutal BLOOD EVERYWHERE, in 3 there is very little. The explosive kills left a bloody meatfountain shooting 15 feet in the air and were especially awesome with boomshot i miss the dead bodies getting kicked around as well, and speaking of the dead bodies and blood THEY FADE SO FAST in 3, gears 2 maps looked horribly gory with blood and chunks everywhere
    Omg, this is probably my biggest gripe about Gears 2 and 3. The lack of blood and gore and the lack of a darker atmosphere and gritty/gloomy looking maps. Gears 2 was WAAAAY too colorful and the blood looked cartoonish. Now the blood is harldy there and it's still too colorful.

Completely agree with bringing back that gears 1 gory atmosphere!!!!!

Character Movement- Sound (not SPEED) nowhere near as awesome as Gears 2, footsteps were louder in 3 but overall SILENT (on most characters) the heavy clanking armor, heavy breathing and adrenaline pumping heartbeat as characters did their roadie run was awesome and i miss it very much MORE IMPORTANTLY no movement restrictions meaning no smoke stun no ink stun no stopping to kick someone, you kept moving without delay
    I could go either way on this. I loved the heart pounding, the armor noises, and breathing in GoW1 ... but I don't really like the loud footsteps... too easy to hear people behind you. lol

Character speech and dialogue- felt so limited in gears 3, if you played private that is becuz dialogue was non existant on public matches, back to the point gears 2 dialogue i swear felt fresh and characters seemed like they had so many lines and so many times i would say "wow never heard that line before" and thats with limited amount of characters, gears 3 characters just playing 3 matches with Dizzy u pretty much heard every line he would ever say! Also make characters yell when CHAINSAWING!!!
    Really? Most of the old characters (Cole, Baird, etc) still seem to have their lines to me... it's the newer characters that don't seem like that have that many lines.

I'm going to go ahead and agree though. Nothing like hearing "I love that pop!" and such when getting a headshot. haha

Character Emotion- locust got a step up in 3, cog took a step down, in 2 they looked so focused and battle weary, in 3 WELL u know they looked like emotionless dolls, when being shot at your character had a look of horror on their face in 2, some looked pissed off (marcus) but none looked bored. More importantly the environment looked dark and depressing rather than colorful
    Eh, didn't really notice this. I'm sure you're talking about campaign? Any specific examples?

Old school executions- the gears 1 curb stomp, the b button gnasher golf swing over the kick we got in 3, i miss the other b button executions as well from gears 2
    What's so different about the curb stomp now? Don't they just flip them over instead of leaving them on their stomach? Seems more gruesome to me to flip them over and let them see the boot as it crashes into their face! lol

WHAT DO YOU MISS?

I miss the snub pistol headshot. Boomshot only having two rounds. Hammerburst being a BURST weapon. Melee strength. DARK AND GRITTY ATMOSPHERE! (already said that, but that's the biggest thing I miss lol)

And probably some others I can't think of right now.

My replies in red obviously!
    Seriously B4 host achievement in Gears 1
    [Ranked TDM K/D: 1.7] - [Ranked TDM W/L: 1.5]
    [Electric Hammerburst] - [Electric Gnasher]
    Always looking for TEAM players
    Major thanks to III LYCAN III and Baird's Shadow for the LGS and SGE!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Eh, didn't really notice this. I'm sure you're talking about campaign? Any specific examples?

PLAY AS MARCUS IN MP OR HORDE, get shot at run and slam into cover, gears 2 he gritted his teeth and looked pissed, gears 3 he looked emotionless, say the same for Dom, Dizzy and female character are the worst although u cant compare them

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt Reed 24

Quote Originally Posted by RoboSeal1 View Post

PLAY AS MARCUS IN MP OR HORDE, get shot at run and slam into cover, gears 2 he gritted his teeth and looked pissed, gears 3 he looked emotionless, say the same for Dom, Dizzy and female character are the worst although u cant compare them
    ohhhh... guess I just never noticed b/c I roll with A. Carmine, Clayton Carmine, Recruit Carmine, and Oynx Guard in MP. lol

Theron guard/Theron Elite on Locust.
    Seriously B4 host achievement in Gears 1
    [Ranked TDM K/D: 1.7] - [Ranked TDM W/L: 1.5]
    [Electric Hammerburst] - [Electric Gnasher]
    Always looking for TEAM players
    Major thanks to III LYCAN III and Baird's Shadow for the LGS and SGE!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sP I Forge

Yeah one of the things I miss from GoW (which makes it still an enjoyable game to play) is the atmosphere and feeling of the game. I love Gears of War 3 for its incredible graphics, and it was a welcome change for the series, I'd love to see a return to the setting we all fell in love with in GoW1 though.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SgtReed24 View Post
    ohhhh... guess I just never noticed b/c I roll with A. Carmine, Clayton Carmine, Recruit Carmine, and Oynx Guard in MP. lol

Theron guard/Theron Elite on Locust.
    Lol all masked characters, even they have more emotion than anya haha

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DownInFlames85

I agree with everything you said RoboSeal1, especially the gib and the gore/blood points. Miss the gibs/blood/gore from Gears 2 and I'd like the option for the use of either the Gears 1 or Gears 2/3 curbstomps (even though it won't happen), that classic Gears 1 curbstomp I really miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrodeadmetal View Post
    I would like to say thanks ... downinflames 85 for being a great friend playing the gears series and other games as well while I'm laughing my head off which isn't helping at all!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    This forum, and everyone in it, is the reason why I love it here.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SinPK

Maybe bring back the blood stuff like in gow2,

Banned

The dead bodies disappearing fast is most likely a performance optimisation. Some things had to be sacrificed in order to improve the engine I guess.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0NVERSITY

i really miss the gears 2 golf swing where you could still move about
    Gears player since day 1
    Gears 2 \\*//
    Gears 3 \\*// October . Currently \\*// 400

Cog: A. Carmine, Classic Baird/Dom
    Locust: grenedier/ beast rider

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pedder Cheese

Great thread! I love Gears 3 but Gears 2 is my favourite because of the features you mentioned. When 3 came out I said it didn't feel like gears and I didn't know why and you listed the most important things. I would LOVE judgement to have more noise, I don't want to just hear guns! I want to some shouts, grunts, swears and most importantly witty lines. Some dialogue of our heroes confirming their unfamiliarity with the locust would be great as well.

Next I think judement is really going to step up the gore, being set in mere weeks after E-day (where the human population was virtually decimated) I expect to see signs of extreme horrific violence.

On gears 3 release I wanted a dirty gritty ambiance to the game but for judgement I want gritty but not dirty, I would like to see COG armor, weapons and vehicles looking clean but damaged from the PW.

Anyway I agree with everything you said OP and I thing a lot of your suggestions will help put that special unique feeling I get from gears 1 and 2 into judgement. EPIC please consider some of these point while you are still creating the game!!!!!!
    Last edited by captain ped; 08-19-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    "Don't worry I'm right behind you!"\\★//"All fixed. Thanks to me. Your welcome."
    Big thanks to STILRZBOY for the Jungle Tai

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123