View Poll Results: Should GOWJ have a population counter?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 57.14%
  • No

15 42.86%
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Gowj shold have no population counter?

Who else thinks that this game should not have a population counter in it.
    i just think that it discourages people to see how little people are playing and may sway them from the game.
    Last edited by notagain1989; 06-25-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Not me.

I like the counter. It lets me know when I'm wasting my time searching for Ranked.
    This

Allfather

They want you, soul and body

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

They never work accurately so it doesnt matter.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Palace Guard

Doesn't make any difference to me.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I Carmine COG I

It doesn't matter to me.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reapergameboss

how bout instead of trying to hide how few people play this game we actually instead make a game people want to play. lol i want the latter

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

I'm indifferent.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrypticAshes

Can stay or go what i'd love is a server indicator <<===that works accurately.
    | "Gaming wise i'm proud of three things. I'm proud to be a GOW fan. I'm proud to be a former EGFC mod. Last but not least i'm proud to be legit GZB." |
    | Youtube: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | GOW2: \\★// (7/23/2010) | GOW3: \\★// (Re-Up #3 - Gold Wings) |

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Abeastnamedjoe

So you want judgement to have no population counter so that more people would switch over to ranked,am i correct??
    ,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

Hammerburst Pro!!!
    Thank you IIILYCANIII for the SGE and the com dom

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

I'd like one, even though no game ever seems to have one that actually works.
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clearly Balkan

Counter in GOW3 is broken from day one. I don't need it in GOW:J because I support only one playlist; ranked of course.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: father russia67

I'm indifferent, ping for the servers would be nice, at least in GoW2 you could tell if you were host or not by the blinking zeroes or other methods.
    Allow Xbox One Users The OPTION To Opt-In To 24-Hour Checks At The Benefit of Family Sharing, etc. http://chn.ge/13TXpJx
    lIl Level 100 in GoW2 lIl Level 400 in GoW 3 lIl High Roller in GoW:J lIl
    Image TuT:
    Right Click Image: "Copy Image Location" then put in [*SHOT] [*/SHOT] without *
    ...................................................... .......................................... ................................................. "Open eyes observe, an open mind creates."

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

Doesn't really discourage people, some playlists will be dead regardless due to the pulling power of TDM. I mean G2 had no counters, yet Submission was dead.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Quote Originally Posted by 123MAN View Post
    Doesn't really discourage people, some playlists will be dead regardless due to the pulling power of TDM. I mean G2 had no counters, yet Submission was dead.
    I found plenty of Submission games with unique people. I wouldn't have called any mode 'dead'.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I found plenty of Submission games with unique people. I wouldn't have called any mode 'dead'.
    Lewgis and you were like the only people that played it. Just like the 3 people that play Zeta now.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Lewgis and you were like the only people that played it. Just like the 3 people that play Zeta now.
    I didn't play it all that much, but honestly, I never had problems finding people (and different, not stacked people) in any gamemode in Gears 2, and I played Execution, Annex, Guardian, Wingman and Submission fairly regularly
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I didn't play it all that much, but honestly, I never had problems finding people (and different, not stacked people) in any gamemode in Gears 2, and I played Execution, Annex, Guardian, Wingman and Submission fairly regularly
    You played Submission? Jajajajaja.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

You played Submission? Jajajajaja.
    Submission. Allfathers Garden. 10 randoms. 1 and a half hours. Everyone actually trying and playing properly. Everyone with 80+ kills. Beautiful.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Submission. Allfathers Garden. 10 randoms. 1 and a half hours. Everyone actually trying and playing properly. Everyone with 80+ kills. Beautiful.
    So boring, I tried to get the achievement on Social vs bots and got tired after 10 minutes.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

So boring, I tried to get the achievement on Social vs bots and got tired after 10 minutes.
    CoughBOLDCough. There's your problem.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

CoughBOLDCough. There's your problem.
    I'm sorry, but if you wait 20 minutes in a lobby searching you need better things to do.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

That sounds worse then the 45 minute Guardian games on Jacinto people seem to be so proud of.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I'm sorry, but if you wait 20 minutes in a lobby searching you need better things to do.
    Only took an absolute maximum of 10 minutes to find a game, and we all know Social back in Gears 2 was barren.

I'd rather wait for a good game thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LoD FENIX View Post
    That sounds worse then the 45 minute Guardian games on Jacinto people seem to be so proud of.
    Oh go away you.

It was brilliant.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, never understood why someone would want to spend that much time playing 1 match.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, never understood why someone would want to spend that much time playing 1 match.
    And yet our matches on Mercy were by far the most entertaining to play in. I love the stalemated feeling of a long game, as long as I'm in the mood.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Oh go away you.

It was brilliant.
    It was far from brilliant. It was a grenade planted camp fest. Made try hard games in Execution seem like the most non camping game mode. Even the most intense Ranked Execution games in Gears 2 took a max 25 minutes to finish. That's far from terrible.

Me either. It just blows my mind.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

It was far from brilliant. It was a grenade planted camp fest. Made try hard games in Execution seem like the most non camping game mode. Even the most intense Ranked Execution games in Gears 2 took a max 25 minutes to finish. That's far from terrible.
    It's only fun on an actual stalemate. Not an 'I've got nades planted' stalemate. I'm ignoring the horrific Jacinto, Blood Drive et al stalemates, that were basically just sitting near the frag spawns.

Allfathers Garden Submission (and Submission in general) did not have this problem...ever. When you found the right lobby, Submission was genuinely tense and exciting for the full duration.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

And yet our matches on Mercy were by far the most entertaining to play in. I love the stalemated feeling of a long game, as long as I'm in the mood.
    That was 4v4. If it was 5v5 it would end sooner. Gives you more options.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

That was 4v4. If it was 5v5 it would end sooner. Gives you more options.
    We've taken this completely off the topic.

Let's just end it here. We can discuss it in a party if you want.

OT: I think the population counters should go. They influence gamemode and playlist choice, and aren't even accurate (it's impossible to make them perfectly accurate). They, for me, serve a detrimental purpose.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

We've taken this completely off the topic.

Let's just end it here. We can discuss it in a party if you want.

OT: I think the population counters should go. They influence gamemode and playlist choice, and aren't even accurate (it's impossible to make them perfectly accurate). They, for me, serve a detrimental purpose.
    Okay, Fenix you get on too. I just finished watching Invictus and am now a South Africa supporter. Who knew Matt Damon played Rugby.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Okay, Fenix you get on too. I just finished watching Invictus and am now a South Africa supporter. Who knew Matt Damon played Rugby.
    Gonna be on later, currently downloading the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut.

Ok we now return this thread on topic.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

I fi see the numbers are low then i play TDM because i know the connection will likely be better. But if their was no counter then id at least attempt to join one of the lower population modes first which in essence many do and therefore the populace would be larger and less likely to discourage me from playing.

Get rid of it!! Its been admitted that its inaccurate anyway!
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bazinga A7x

Quote Originally Posted by notagain1989 View Post
    Who else thinks that this game should not have a population counter in it.
    i just think that it discourages people to see how little people are playing and may sway them from the game.
    I like the population counter. Let's me know if there is anybody in ranked games, ususlally not. Also lets me know if there is anybody in Players Choice or Alpha, for when I want to rank up huge amounts of XP by playing bots....:-). Nothing beats a 5AM EST Players Choice KOTH bot game to score a fast 10K in xp.
    "Embrace what you can't change." -Tai
    Total Onyx medals 56/65, EGFC Member #143 Former member of The Insane Horde group, may it R.I.P.
    SpinelessOyster - Thanks for the code.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HRPac

If they are fixed I have no problem with the counters but since I doubt they'll work, forget about 'em. Btw, has anyone figured out how the current counters are wrong? (i.e. do they only count people on your local server, or only people in certain areas, etc.?)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I 2rue Demon I

There shouldnt be a population counter seeing as its broken and doesnt tell accurately how many people are playing so why put it on a new gears. Also it discourages people from playing the playlists with a low population.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Demonz II View Post
    There shouldnt be a population counter seeing as its broken and doesnt tell accurately how many people are playing so why put it on a new gears. Also it discourages people from playing the playlists with a low population.
    Not really. I mean even when Warzone was populated people preferred game types like TDM. No matter what TDM will be the most popular and have the most players.

Banned

it needs to be there, i dont wanna keep joining BOT matches, if i know there is like 8 people playing KOTH (this happens during late hours in UK) then i wouldnt bother searching for a match and play a more popular mode at that time

MSgt. Shooter Person

I like it , let's you know what's hot and what's not.

Gamertag - GTRandy
    Cog - Anya Stroud
    Locust - Savage Grenadier

GOWJ - 151