Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C Murder 20

Default judgment doesnt need to stray to far from gears 3 and ill tell you why....

now before you go bashing me and yelling random expletives hear me out. Gears of war has always been a skill based shooter and is the one game that i truly enjoy to play. It isn't another CoD arcade shooter that any monkey could play and it isnt like halo where whoever has more teammates shooting with them wins. it is a game of chess where each move you make needs to be calculated and performed to be successful. while this may be a turn off for some casual players, it is the main reason why gears is the game it is today. I love the fact that if im better then the other guy im most likely going to win unlike cod where the first person to get their gun up wins. of course there are some things to cater to those less skilled players such as the sawed off and retro but all in all its fun to have some variety and a change up of weapons.

Obviously I want to see some changes made but lets not dumb this game down to the point of halo and CoD.
    (BTW i love halo and cod, i just feel like both games aren't as skill based as gears)
    Prefered COG: Clayton Carmine Prefered Locust: Golden Hunter
    GoW 3 rank: 64
    Onyx Medals: 18/30
    Thank you B3A57 UnL3aSh3D for the awesome deal on the Adam Fenix code!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Goose977

I kinda agree, but I don't want it to be too competitive where these Mlg scrubs start coming in and getting their own playlist like in Halo 4.So make it competitive, but don't force me and other casual players to be forced to play ranked.
    Gears of War Judgment

[SIZE=3]
    _______,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||====
    . /_/-' l__}|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'

[CENTER]

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clone Recon

Quote Originally Posted by marcusfenix0991 View Post
    now before you go bashing me and yelling random expletives hear me out. Gears of war has always been a skill based shooter and is the one game that i truly enjoy to play. It isn't another CoD arcade shooter that any monkey could play and it isnt like halo where whoever has more teammates shooting with them wins. it is a game of chess where each move you make needs to be calculated and performed to be successful. while this may be a turn off for some casual players, it is the main reason why gears is the game it is today. I love the fact that if im better then the other guy im most likely going to win unlike cod where the first person to get their gun up wins. of course there are some things to cater to those less skilled players such as the sawed off and retro but all in all its fun to have some variety and a change up of weapons.

Obviously I want to see some changes made but lets not dumb this game down to the point of halo and CoD.
    (BTW i love halo and cod, i just feel like both games aren't as skill based as gears)

Best speech ever. I agree with you, I would definetly not want to see it turn into cod. Some stuff needs to be changed but dont over do it. This is my opinion but im not going to like those first person controls.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Recon View Post
    Best speech ever. I agree with you, I would definetly not want to see it turn into cod. Some stuff needs to be changed but dont over do it. This is my opinion but im not going to like those first person controls.
    yes the fps controls are going to throw me off a bit but i guess ill get over it

and gearscat i agree with you i dont want it to be full of try hards and mlg'ers. and i agree that players shouldnt be forced to play ranked

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Goose977

Quote Originally Posted by marcusfenix0991 View Post
    yes the fps controls are going to throw me off a bit but i guess ill get over it

and gearscat i agree with you i dont want it to be full of try hards and mlg'ers. and i agree that players shouldnt be forced to play ranked
    You sir are a legend.
    Gears of War Judgment

[SIZE=3]
    _______,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||====
    . /_/-' l__}|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'

[CENTER]

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GearsCat View Post
    You sir are a legend.
    why thank you

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

no one else agrees with me other then gearscat and recon?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midgus PSN ID: Midgus1990

^^ i agree with all the above lol
    Favorite COG : Anya, Marcus, Bernie, Baird
    Lancer > Gnasher
    Gears 1-3 are my favorite games of all time. Judgement i cannot express my disappointment so far. please do not destroy this franchise epic!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

I don't agree but I don't dislike gears 3's style. Gears 3 is super fun, it's the only game I play. But if they go back to their roots while also having some elements that Gears 3 has, that would be great. The 'game of chess' thing and 'if you're better than the person you're fighting' I don't like. Someone killing me by camping and retro-ing or hammerbursting all game is NOT better than me due to that performance. Neither is a DBS user hiding, running in, getting a shot off, running away, reloading, and repeating.

For me, gears 1 took the most skill and will always be the gears that took the most skill. I don't like that 'chess game' statement simply because now there are too many deviations from the starting weapons. There are so many different approaches to getting kills, and most I find cheap. Like, getting the ink and using it to stun people and walking into them with the shotgun. That's what I see when you say 'chess move.' Or, getting boom and camping the power weapon all game??? I mean, come on. There are plenty of ways to IMPROVE multiplayer. It should be more about skill with the loadout guns rather than the overly-abundant pick up weapons on the map. You know there's a problem when people are getting full red from one boltok shot...

I know EPIC likes that 'bad ass' element of gears, which is why the power weapons went from like around 10 in gears 1 to IDK even know how many in gears 3. It's too much in my opinion. Too easy to die from literally everywhere in every direction. I don't necessarily hate this aspect, but I feel like it can improve.

Just my 2 cents.

end rant
    A S S IM A IN
    Carry me. I stink.
    Read this thread for the truth.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...the+op+gnasher

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

I dont mind the news that Judgment will combine the best of Gears 1 & 3. But I do agree with the part about Gears being a lot like chess. I always try to plan several moves ahead and counter moves in case the plan changes on the fly.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: reapergameboss

Obviously they need to move this game in a different direction backwards !!!! I hope it plays more like gears 1. Have u seen the population in mp lately for 3. Pretty sad for a game that sold so many copies such a short time ago. Have u been to a game stop lately where they have a whole wall of used copies of gears 3. Its as cheap as 25 or 30 bucks. This didnt even happen with gears 2 which was broke beyond comprehension. Go back to ur roots loose the retro and sos as loadouts put them as p u weapons. Loose the stopping power it is killing fast paced sweaty palm gameplay. The rifles are so strong now that stopping powr is overkill. We dont need 3 power weapons and 2 greanade pick ups on every map. What ever happened to fighting over them. Each team doesnt need their own power weapon with a 3rd to fight over lol.

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle SaskatchewanŚŚWishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Changes HAVE to be made in a sequel because if they don't guess what game it's copying - CoD.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

On second thought tao, I guess you guys are right about the chess thing. however like I said, too many pick ups make it a very easy/ dull chess game.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    A S S IM A IN
    Carry me. I stink.
    Read this thread for the truth.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...the+op+gnasher

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MartyredMessiah

"Changes HAVE to be made"

Stun on the ink needs to be reduced.
    Range on the Gnasher needs to be reduced.
    Vaccume on the Lancer needs to be reduced.
    Gorgon pistol needs...something done about it.
    Retro Lancers long range damage needs something done about it.
    Hammerburst will require a larger clip, especially if stopping power is being removed.
    Retro Lancers mid range damage needs to be reduced slightly unless stopping power is being removed.
    Retro Lancer should not be a starting weapon as it would not be standard issue for a COG soldier anymore.
    Sawn off reload needs to be slightly faster but should not be a starting weapon as it would not be standard issue for a COG.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MartyredMessiah View Post
    "Changes HAVE to be made"

Stun on the ink needs to be reduced.
    Range on the Gnasher needs to be reduced.
    Vaccume on the Lancer needs to be reduced.
    Gorgon pistol needs...something done about it.
    Retro Lancers long range damage needs something done about it.
    Hammerburst will require a larger clip, especially if stopping power is being removed.
    Retro Lancers mid range damage needs to be reduced slightly unless stopping power is being removed.
    Retro Lancer should not be a starting weapon as it would not be standard issue for a COG soldier anymore.
    Sawn off reload needs to be slightly faster but should not be a starting weapon as it would not be standard issue for a COG.
    i agree with all of these except for the last two. in mp they should be standard equips

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle SaskatchewanŚŚWishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Quote Originally Posted by MartyredMessiah View Post
    Lancer isn't standard issue for the Locust - the Hammerburst is. So should the Locust be forced to use it? No.
    Sawed-Off is a generic shotgun. It represents the various weapons the Stranded/Civilians would of used to defend themselves instead of throwing in 100 new weapons. So may not be standard but it WOULD be present.
    Retro should be present as the Lancer MKII would JUST be starting mass production. Meaning there'd still be thousands of CoG soldiers still using it.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewgis

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Lancer isn't standard issue for the Locust - the Hammerburst is. So should the Locust be forced to use it? No.
    Sawed-Off is a generic shotgun. It represents the various weapons the Stranded/Civilians would of used to defend themselves instead of throwing in 100 new weapons. So may not be standard but it WOULD be present.
    Retro should be present as the Lancer MKII would JUST be starting mass production. Meaning there'd still be thousands of CoG soldiers still using it.
    This guy beat me to saying how the lancer MKII wouldn't be everywhere, but if you watch the cole train rap video it uses clips from gears one of the cog are using a MKI lancer and that's like 15 years after e-day
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MartyredMessiah

"I agree with all of these except for the last two. in mp they should be standard equips"

Multiplayer isnĺt canon so it doesnĺt matter what they're armed with but I can hardly see the cog arming its troops with sawn off shotguns as standard issue.
    In multiplayer yeh, sure improvised weapons, you use what you've got on hand or what you can find (especially for horde- would love to see stranded horde).

"Lancer isn't standard issue for the Locust - the Hammerburst is. So should the Locust be forced to use it? No."

It would be neat if they were, but I donĺt see it happening, in fact a class based multiplayer, where class of troop defines weapon choice would be rather neat, excluding the new game mode they've announced, i mean imagine warzone etc where each player has specialized weapons, grenadier with shotgun and frags, cyclops with lancer and ... something else etc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I love Gears and I agree Gears should never be anything like COD or Halo but calling it chess is a bit of stretch! I love that there are strategies you need to think of and cooperate with your friends but it's absolutely nothing like chess. (Sorry but I just don't like making things bigger than they actually are)

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Couldn't of said it better myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clearly Balkan

There should only be one playlist & that would be 'ranked' & // 'private' // ; then it wouldn't matter what you're playing.
    Last edited by ClearlyBalkan; 06-26-2012 at 03:30 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

In my opinion gearsj needs to stray far from gears 3.

here are my opinions on starting weapon variety and on the gnasher http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...light=opinions
    I also think gears 2 off host had the best cover system and charachter movement.
    Stopping power is a flow and gamepace killer and shouldnt be there.
    Gears2 sniper was the best aside from the hit detection and elevation issues.

Ill add more later as I think of them
    I hate the word Adapt when it is used in the context of shooters. All it is is a bad justification for when your favorite weapon is onto a good thing. Near launch all the sawed off fans were saying adapt to the gnasher community. After the sawed off was nerfed the sawed off community complained and guess what the gnasher fans were saying.... thats right adapt.Please take the time to read this thread
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ad-For-Prequel

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

If the GoWJ will be more like G1, it's going to be more skillful than G3 ever was.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewgis

Quote Originally Posted by ClearlyBalkan View Post
    There should only be one playlist & that would be 'ranked' & // 'private' // ; then it wouldn't matter what you're playing.
    If this was the case I wouldn't buy the game I detest waiting long periods of time to find a game and QM gives me fast searches or gives me my own empty lobby to play in
    Gears 3 Re-up 3 lvl 100 England Right-o Back up info thread
    You should check NP473L's skins out Because they're awesome He also does requests if you ask nicely
    A special thanks to lambenthammerburst
    EGFC#251
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    getting ready to go swimming at my parents house with my children. Then SKYRIM!!!!! Followed by chainsaw duels. Have some sex, maybe some chicken.