Default Phys_falling & NotifyFallingHitWall

Hi, im starting to work with UnrealScript and for test and learn i'm developing some movement improvements. Begun with a running system, then a walljump using hitwall and now i'm tryng to use NotifyFallingHitWall to detect, by example, when someone failed a walljump.

I spent some hours searching for NotifyFallingHitWall info unsuccesfully. And i'm not able to make this code work:
    Code:
    Class GlossController extends UTPlayerController;
    simulated event NotifyFallingHitWall(vector HitNormal, actor Wall)
    {	
         `log("Test"); 
    }

defaultproperties
    {
    	bNotifyFallingHitWall=true
    }
    It is not full source, just the relevant code. Well, everything on the game seems to work ok unless this. I jump, hit and fall against the test map cube and the event is never called.
    Tired of making test, i tried this on the Pawn code:
    Code:
    simulated event HitWall( vector Norm, actor HitActor,PrimitiveComponent Prim )
    {
    	if (Physics != PHYS_Falling)
            {
                `log("Falling y tropezandOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO");
            }
    But trying to fall against the cube some times and in the log the message only appears once. Then i retry, open the game, used walljump to climb and then fall back against the cube... closed and nothing on the log. Not hitwall and falling nor notifyfall..

I think i'm missing something... any clue? thanks
    Last edited by xeyos; 06-24-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Boomshot

Firstly, when launching your game use a shortcut and append -log to the command line. You can then view the logfile in realtime without stopping and starting. Example:

Code:
    D:\UDK\UDK-2012-01\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe MapName?game=YourPackage.YourGameInfo -log -remotecontrol -nostartupmovies
    Secondly, is that first code snippet actually what you have or a mistake?

Thirdly, the second code snippet for HitWall will only log when you're not falling. I thought you wanted it to respond to falling?

Also UTBot.uc seems to be the only example of NotifyFallingHitWall in action. Take a look at that.

1║ Thank you very much, this will save me tons of time on reopening the engine..
    2║ It was a copy/paste mistake, sorry. I corrected it.
    3║ Yeah it was an actual and stupid error. I was already too ofuscated at that moment. I corrected it and.. suddently it begun to work as it should, it detect almost every collision while jumping but... now it's harder to explain why the NotifyFallingHitWall isn't triggering :S
    ║ I already saw that code. Set the boolean true and override the event. Can't see the difference with my code

Thanks for the response and the advice ^_^

Redeemer

You also may want to test/vary/adjust the MinHitWall variable in your controller. Be warned though, leaving MinHitWall at too large a value can actually cause your pawn to get "caught" on flat surfaces, so its best to turn it positive and negative to suit your situation.
    "What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
    YARM: where player's Lean, Prone, Mantle, Dash, Crouch Jump, 'Parkour' and slide around all with generic realistic weapons!
    Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
    Yet Another Real-life Mod: Realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap CODMW knockoff mutator
    TD Vehicles: HUMV, MI4Hound, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, UH-60, MH-53 & AH-6 Helicopters, Abrams Tank
    Jetpacks for UT2k4!

Tryed the MinHitWall thing. Seems not related to the problem. Tested extreme possitive and negative values without any result :S

Thanks anyway, every idea is welcomed and even if don't work, i've learned something!