MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation How to make mobile pawn move as it is on checkerboard

I want make a special movement for pawn. It must be like this. If you noticed player steps are the same length for each time as button pressed. For example imagine the square is 50 units for length and width and everytime when button pressed player moving 50 units. I tried to do it throw kismet but still unseccessful. I have used "mobile button access". The idea was as button pressed the location of pawn change 50 to Y or X. I have used "set actor location", "get vector components"( to define axis) and "set velocity", but still this was not make sense. It drives me crazy. Do anyone have idea how to do this.
    Last edited by Mr_Ujastik; 06-22-2012 at 05:10 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Try the teleport node. Set Actor location doesn't seem to work on pawns and objects that are being controlled by physics.

MSgt. Shooter Person

OK. Then let me ask question in different way. Do you remember the way that joystick made in the Jazz tutorial. So if to connect Log node to main float that show movement of pawn. Log will show some value that describe velosity and location of the player. For example 500. How through Kismet I can make this value change like "500, 0, 500, 0, 500 ,0"?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Since you want something binary why not just have the touched output set the variable to 500 and untouched set the variable to 0 and use the joystick just for the direction.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You could not change it at all and put a binary counter on it. The counter will give you options for if > x where X could be 1 and b cound be -1. When the node starts it adds one to it and then checks (that's why you start at -1) if it's the first run through ( value is 0 ) ro a delay and loop back. then do your movement and reset the value to -1. This will essentially stop constant movement and allow you to set position. The position would be calculated by looking at the joystick value and doing some math to see if it's up down left or right. This is everything is in Kismet.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JDooley View Post
    You could not change it at all and put a binary counter on it. The counter will give you options for if > x where X could be 1 and b cound be -1. When the node starts it adds one to it and then checks (that's why you start at -1) if it's the first run through ( value is 0 ) ro a delay and loop back. then do your movement and reset the value to -1. This will essentially stop constant movement and allow you to set position. The position would be calculated by looking at the joystick value and doing some math to see if it's up down left or right. This is everything is in Kismet.
    I read the explanation of counter float. "This condition increments the first attached float variable and then performs a comparison with the second attached float variable and fires the appropriate output link based on that comparison" Could you please eleborate it for me. I am new in UDK and didn't understand your post....I also will be pleased if you build and make screenshot of kismet above