The Sacrifice

Default Blending Top half of character animation with lower half character animation.

If the player is attacking... I have it setup to play an attack animation using...

MonsterPawn.FullBodyAnimSlot.PlayCustomAnim(Attack , 0.5, 2,2 , false, true);

but ofcourse sometimes the player will be moving while attacking and I need the lower half to continue to run, walk, etc... while the top half of body is doing the attack animation (swinging knife or sword, etc)

right now the player is simply sliding around with stiff legs while moving and attacking... not very professional huh?

I am guessing I need to do somesort of animblend? but dont know exactly what to do...

Is it possible to blend the top half with a completely different lowerhalf animation? Or do you have to create a running, walking attack animation?

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks
    Bill

Veteran

yes it's possible, basically you need to set up slots for the upper and lower halves of the body. UDN has further info, and there are also plenty of threads regarding the subject around here.
    I run VoxHouse (VHSGames) and the UnrealDB.
    Film & Game producer, using and teaching UDK & Unreal Engine 4. Please stop by and say a good word on my project thread.
    Also feel free to join us on #udkc irc.gamesurge.net or via web: http://myclodel.com to chat live with others in the UDK community.