Question Help with InterpActor 'spawning' relative to play with Kismet?

So, basically what I am trying to do is in a horror game have it so that once a trigger is used, an InterpActor will 'spawn' behind the player for when they turn around and hopefully briefly crap their kecks.

However I've not found any way that seems to work to do this on the fly, only with clumsy Matinee sequences. I tried to do it with 'Get Location and Rotation' (I think that was it) and then have the 'Player' variable as the target and the location as a vector in multiple values in an attempt to get the location outputted to be 'relative' to the player. It was then linked to a 'Set Actor Location' where the InterpActor was the thing being moved, and the location vector from the 'Get Actor Coordinates', but this always resulted in the actor appearing quite literally inside the player, and floating a bit too.

Is there any way to have the InterpActor appear behind the player using Kismet preferably that I haven't thought of? Thank you in advance.

Image of what I was doing with Kismet:

Iron Guard

Easiest way is to just use a toggle visibility node on the interpactor. have it hidden with no collision on it, then reveal it when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    Easiest way is to just use a toggle visibility node on the interpactor. have it hidden with no collision on it, then reveal it when the time is right.
    That'll work for this instance, but would it be possible to have it spawn behind/in front of the players current location because in future parts of the level, I'm hoping to have it do it at random time periods just to keep the player on edge. Would this be possible?

Thanks again.

Redeemer

One way I can think of is to pre-attach an object to the player with the correct offset of where you want the thing to spawn in. Then use that object to Get/Set location of the spawning object in stead of the player.

Iron Guard

yea thats valid and saves messing around with vector math. perhaps add a socket for it to the character model then in kismet at runtime at some point, you can set the interpactor's location to that socket's location and then attach the interpactor to that socket