EDIT: witnesses, OW & UC2.An0maly

Iron Guard

I banned his IP and DVD hash.

I can see where you guys kicked him.

Thanks.

Banned

Thank you!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bumping this thread because I can't get a PM to send to Taffy. I'm trying to get FreeFOV put up onto all the most played servers. Slipgate and LSD's server run it, I'm about to put it up on cq, do you think you could throw it on beers?
    Satan's_Father
    Xfire: shootyoudown11
    DM-Confined
    DM-Denounced

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GeNovaZ

Beers would be nice. Actually all servers should have it. It has some framerate drops on some maps, though.
    Steam - novazgen Xfire - genesisx2usa

Founder of GalaxyPugs, the competitive North American community for UT3. The GalaxyPugs Steam Group.

Iron Guard

I put it on and tried it but then removed it.

The reason is because only the players that know about it can use it, and there's no way to tell it's available without looking in the server browser mutator window.

IMO, this gives the players that know about it an unfair advantage over the players that don't know about it.

If it was like utcomp and a caption came up every time you joined with something like "FreeFOV version x.x installed go to video settings to increase FOV" then it would be acceptable. Otherwise, it's giving certain players (more than likely the better players that know of it) an even greater advantage.

Other than that I like it.

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GeNovaZ

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I put it on and tried it but then removed it.

The reason is because only the players that know about it can use it, and there's no way to tell it's available without looking in the server browser mutator window.

IMO, this gives the players that know about it an unfair advantage over the players that don't know about it.

If it was like utcomp and a caption came up every time you joined with something like "FreeFOV version x.x installed go to video settings to increase FOV" then it would be acceptable. Otherwise, it's giving certain players (more than likely the better players that know of it) an even greater advantage.

Other than that I like it.
    Thank you for your shared opinion, Taffy. Very good point made, indeed.
    Steam - novazgen Xfire - genesisx2usa

Founder of GalaxyPugs, the competitive North American community for UT3. The GalaxyPugs Steam Group.

Iron Guard

I have a tendency to think it's an advantage over a narrower FOV, but wasn't sure what you guys thought.

I know Satan's Father wants it on bad, and I'd like to accommodate you guys, but at the same time I don't think players would know it's there and how to use it?

I just hate seeing newer/less skilled players get beat up so bad, and FreeFOV may make it a bit worse. At the same time I like the mutator, and want to make you guys happy with the server. So I don't know if I'm over-reacting or not.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I have a tendency to think it's an advantage over a narrower FOV, but wasn't sure what you guys thought.

I know Satan's Father wants it on bad, and I'd like to accommodate you guys, but at the same time I don't think players would know it's there and how to use it?

I just hate seeing newer/less skilled players get beat up so bad, and FreeFOV may make it a bit worse. At the same time I like the mutator, and want to make you guys happy with the server. So I don't know if I'm over-reacting or not.
    the nubs will die a little more and rage a little more, but so what

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xeanderthal View Post
    the nubs will die a little more and rage a little more, but so what
    Surprisingly the noobs don't rage, is the more experienced players who aren't playing up to their regular potential who rage the most.

Taffy if you want, I can try to edit the mutator so it displays a message like the UTcomp one.
    Satan's_Father
    Xfire: shootyoudown11
    DM-Confined
    DM-Denounced

Iron Guard

That would be cool.

I never tried using the slider, but I thought I read where the FOV slider is useable? I hope it is. I went to console and typed the mutate fov command.

If you can only adjust it with a console command then please include that in the message, or whatever way it can be set.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Taffy, you should ban this guy: TakinTheHeat. He was just on your server (left 5 mins ago). He moves worse than Dkwolfe, but aims "better." Sondas and some guy called fiiiji were there. fiiiiji agreed. 100% hacker imo. He locked onto people as soon as they came into view etc.
    Cheating is for little girls and those that just plain suck.

Iron Guard

I can't find him in the log file. The log file gets wiped out on a server restart, but I restarted it at 11:35 this morning. You said this just happened?

I just searched for "heat" thinking you got the name spelled wrong and got this: Log: A cheat was turned on, so award progress is now disabled.

Never seen that before. Anyway, I don't see where he joined by that name.

Just recall you guys can kick him and he won't be able to immediately re-join.

But thanks, and keep me informed please. I'll be on tonight spectating, maybe we can get him then. From reading the other WREX thread there seems to be a resurgence of hax.

Edit: And I had to ban one a couple days ago named ep1cshot2.
    Last edited by Taffy; 07-19-2012 at 05:54 PM.

It's cause of all these steam purchasers. funny if it were mentioned on the Steam forums I wonder what would be done about it?

Anyways, we had one earlier, RedHercules. All of us knew.. i recall Satan's Father being there but oddly we ended up trying to help the poor guy out. He/She admitted using one and also said he sucked. Both were obvious. He/She seemed to co-operate and not use it and we tried helping him/her with his/her aim. I suggested to get rid of the mouse acceleration.. and continued to help him/her out..

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    It's cause of all these steam purchasers. funny if it were mentioned on the Steam forums I wonder what would be done about it?

Anyways, we had one earlier, RedHercules. All of us knew.. i recall Satan's Father being there but oddly we ended up trying to help the poor guy out. He/She admitted using one and also said he sucked. Both were obvious. He/She seemed to co-operate and not use it and we tried helping him/her with his/her aim. I suggested to get rid of the mouse acceleration.. and continued to help him/her out..
    This is bothering me that I can't find them in the log file.

I can see you 213 and also DEVON_AOKI, but no RedHurcules.

Let me know how you guys feel, but my personal view is that once a cheater is found they should unconditionally be banned. Once you use a cheat you will always be suspect.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy
    Once you use a cheat you will always be suspect.
    .... ........