Default Gears of war Graphic design degree project

I chose to base my final major project around the gears of war original trilogy (I say original as Gears of War judgement has been announced) my dissertation was about the effect the internet has on graphic design my arument was that since the introduction of downloads there is loss in the physical item so created the "Download Edition" where purchasers of the download version would receive a code where they could then enter it into a mini site and there details so that it could be sent to them. It included a medal (the Embry Star) a Delta squad embroidered badge patch, a t-shirt and a footlocker like container where all of the other items would be in when transported.

http://mrwildman.deviantart.com/gallery/37743274

http://mrwildman.deviantart.com/gallery/37743274
    Last edited by Wildman 87; 06-17-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Interesting idea, and very contextual given our new digital age. What does it mean to our consumerist nature? People have a tendency to define themselves by the "stuff" they own, but what happens when that same "stuff" is merely a bunch of binary code stored electronically? Who knows? But it's certainly an interesting talking point. Loving the sawn off/lancer shirt design, that's really cool looking.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Good luck with your project too.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and observation its very encouraging

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Oh damn, now thats some nice looking work!

Yeah, good luck and post some more if you have the time!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)