View Poll Results: Should kills in Campaign and Overrun in GOWJ count towards medals?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 77.78%
  • No

14 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Again, your opinion. Epic set the rules. Work at it or dont. Your choice.
    It's not just my opinion. I'm sure you saw the thread in the GOW3 forum about this awhile back. This was a very popular idea.
    Gears 3 rank reset. On the ground lies another fallen soldier

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Hunter View Post
    It's not just my opinion. I'm sure you saw the thread in the GOW3 forum about this awhile back. This was a very popular idea.
    Yep, and Epic said "No". Its not an issue to be fixed. It is an opinion. A lot of people want the ink changed and the retro removed and the sawed off taken out. None of it happening. You already got your answer months ago from Rod himself.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan覧Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Just as many support going back to Lancer/Gnasher only is a good idea. Doesnt mean it should happen. Im against it except support forcing medals for each to force VS into horde and Horde into VS. Give each their own kill based medals
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yep, and Epic said "No". Its not an issue to be fixed. It is an opinion. A lot of people want the ink changed and the retro removed and the sawed off taken out. None of it happening. You already got your answer months ago from Rod himself.
    That was for Gears 3. And Cliff said that if he could go back in time and take out the Sawed-off he would. As it was a mistake to put it in. Things change.

Gamer IDs

That was for Gears 3. And Cliff said that if he could go back in time and take out the Sawed-off he would. As it was a mistake to put it in. Things change.
    First of all, we dont even know what is coming in Judgment. Seriously may not even be there, let alone require certain kills for each weapon. Also Judgment HAS the sawed off.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

MSgt. Shooter Person

First of all, we dont even know what is coming in Judgment. Seriously may not even be there, let alone require certain kills for each weapon. Also Judgment HAS the sawed off.
    I never said anything about Seriously. I'm talking about specific weapons medals and revive, active reload medals. And the Sawed-off might not stay in the retail version.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

I never said anything about Seriously. I'm talking about specific weapons medals and revive, active reload medals. And the Sawed-off might not stay in the retail version.
    We dont even know if medals are in either. Could be something entirely different.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    We dont even know if medals are in either. Could be something entirely different.
    I think they will keep medals. Many people like them.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

I think they will keep medals. Many people like them.
    Think isnt confirmed. Just like many think SO is gone because of a article yet it's in shots. Just as many hated the medal system.
    PopeAdrian37th

MSgt. Shooter Person

Think isnt confirmed. Just like many think SO is gone because of a article yet it's in shots. Just as many hated the medal system.
    The majority of the community likes medals.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Based off what? Input here on the forums? We ourselves a VERY small minority. I doubt even 5% of the GoW players are here.
    PopeAdrian37th

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GF Capt Ginyu

Gears of War Judgment needs to go back to the simplicity that made Gears great.

No Medals. No Ranks. No Reset Problems. Just pure carnage.
    Novua Shenron

Gamer IDs

The majority of people like the reteo and sawed off as well.
    Based off what? Input here on the forums? We ourselves a VERY small minority. I doubt even 5% of the GoW players are here.
    We represent less than 1/10th of 1% of the gears population.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

Quote Originally Posted by -BiN0CULARz View Post

Yes, I'm half way to legit Embry Star, and if they lower the requirements and make it offline I'll have it legit. *This has nothing to do with boosting or being competitive*
    yea, see, that's what I'm saying... those that play legit are nowhere near seriously... I think I have 12 onyx, and the only boosting I have ever done was to get the 100 kills with 5 starting weapons for horde mutator. I have played a few private vs. koth matches, but when I do I play on insane, and it's pretty rare. But I play anywhere from 2-4 hours per day... I have very few vs. medals, because to do them legit and actually get them while playing takes a real long time.

I'm not anti-boosting, it's just not something I do, because I really don't care about the medals that much in the sense of when I get them, I get them, and if I don't, who cares lol.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well, Epic doesn't do polls on the street. The forum community is the only thing it should listen to in the first place.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

but we're also the people buying the gears consoles, comics, novels, action figures, memorabilia, realistic gun replicas, controlers, multiple limited edition discs, all the dlc the day it comes out, characters, skins, posters, making youtube videos, making tutorials, cog tags, naming our dogs sam & baird, planning/running events, getting omen tattoos, buying clothes, avatars, weapons for your avatar, etc. We're the ones that stick it out through the rank resets, glitches, lag, freezes, etc.

How much profit would be cut if that 1/10th of 1% of the die hard fans didn't exist?

Just something I've thought of, I don't know the #'s, maybe it's insigificant, maybe it's not... But I think this kinda stuff is more important than sheer #'s of players, especially if the bulk of the profits comes from the small percentage. Can't say without knowing the #'s, and how it affects everything. Just something I thought of...

I think gears does a decent job of listening to the community, but I also think a company has to cater to it's core fans, the people that actually keep the game alive, not buy it, play it for a few weeks and let it collect dust or trade it in at gamestop.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: haloFAN 365

you talk as if epic made a mistake or something with the medals for vs not being applied for horde and campaign. however what you don't know is that rod stated clearly in one of his q and a sessions that if there was enough support for it epic would look at updating it. problem is we never or saw anything more about it.
    all horde players unite in supporting this thread...

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...s.-635-Support!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by halofan365 View Post
    you talk as if epic made a mistake or something with the medals for vs not being applied for horde and campaign. however what you don't know is that rod stated clearly in one of his q and a sessions that if there was enough support for it epic would look at updating it. problem is we never or saw anything more about it.
    It is a mistake IMO. Kills in Campaign, Horde are more difficult to obtain then in MP and should count towards medals.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D4u2s0t View Post
    but we're also the people buying the gears consoles, comics, novels, action figures, memorabilia, realistic gun replicas, controlers, multiple limited edition discs, all the dlc the day it comes out, characters, skins, posters, making youtube videos, making tutorials, cog tags, naming our dogs sam & baird, planning/running events, getting omen tattoos, buying clothes, avatars, weapons for your avatar, etc. We're the ones that stick it out through the rank resets, glitches, lag, freezes, etc.

How much profit would be cut if that 1/10th of 1% of the die hard fans didn't exist?

Just something I've thought of, I don't know the #'s, maybe it's insigificant, maybe it's not... But I think this kinda stuff is more important than sheer #'s of players, especially if the bulk of the profits comes from the small percentage. Can't say without knowing the #'s, and how it affects everything. Just something I thought of...

I think gears does a decent job of listening to the community, but I also think a company has to cater to it's core fans, the people that actually keep the game alive, not buy it, play it for a few weeks and let it collect dust or trade it in at gamestop.
    It's insignificant. If Epic was relying on the forums community to be the ones who made them a profit, they would be bankrupt.

we don't even purchase 1% of all the Gears stuff that is sold.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GWC TrueCore

We don't know what the medals in GoW J are like, so we can't discuss about them. Campaign count for everything? Simple answer: NO

Thank you Epic for Gears of War!

Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 2000/2000
    Gears of War Judgment 1500/1500

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: julianwelton

If there are medals, which I kind of hope there isn't (I don't mind ribbons), kills in campaign, Overrun, and Horde/Beast should count towards medals.
    A wise man once said.

"If I could go back in time I would remove the sawed-off shotgun. Yes, I知 willing to admit when I知 wrong.

- Clifford Murial Bleszinski

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2052368467.png

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Pssst I'm one who only has the standard versions of the game (had the LE's of 1/2 but they were stolen along with basically EVERYTHING I had a little over 2yrs ago). I've only owned 1 book and never owned any comics, replicas, controllers. All of my skins - given out (see sig). Bought no avatar items - just got the free ones + Cole Plush (thx Cher) ect
    So not even the 1% here are do this.
    Many of my XBL friends are not on the forums but have indeed bought the various said content.
    Epic would of got that profit even if the forums didn't exist. On top of that - you don't have to be a die hard fan to be on the forums. Many here are casuals.

Just because one may go out and buy the books, figures ect doesn't mean they are any more hardcore than one who doesn't. I will use Tao and Reign as a example. Each of them have replicas (Tao a Locust Head prop) and Reign has a Retro Lancer replica. Would I love either of these? Of course - however can I afford one? Not a chance. Only way I'll ever get a replica is if someone sells it dirt cheap or I win one.
    Does that make me any less "hardcore" than them?
    PopeAdrian37th

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bazinga A7x

This was never fixed in GOW3. And with GOWJ it can be. All i'm asking for is that our kills with our weapons in Campaign and Overrun count towards the medals in GOWJ.

Yay, nay?
    Didn't need to be fixed. In Arcade, with Super Reload, we would have all Onyx'd the Lancer in record time. The 5 starting weapons were meant to be hard earned.

Hell I can pull 80+ kills in under 7 minutes on Act 3 Chapter 1 - Anvil Gate , and easily pull a 10X multiplier on a Casual setting, with the Mauler's never making it past the second gate. Not bragging, (nothing to brag about) it's the game mechanics that allow incredibly easy kills. If Arcade/Campaign counted, or Horde counted, I would have abused that and had the Onyx Lancer on the first weekend after unlocking Super Reload.

Since we have no idea if medals will return, or what they will be if they do. I vote NO.
    "Embrace what you can't change." -Tai
    Total Onyx medals 56/65, EGFC Member #143 Former member of The Insane Horde group, may it R.I.P.
    SpinelessOyster - Thanks for the code.

Gamer IDs

Pssst I'm one who only has the standard versions of the game (had the LE's of 1/2 but they were stolen along with basically EVERYTHING I had a little over 2yrs ago). I've only owned 1 book and never owned any comics, replicas, controllers. All of my skins - given out (see sig). Bought no avatar items - just got the free ones + Cole Plush (thx Cher) ect
    Many of my XBL friends are not on the forums but have indeed bought the various said content.
    Epic would of got that profit even if the forums didn't exist. On top of that - you don't have to be a die hard fan to be on the forums. Many here are casuals.

Just because one may go out and buy the books, figures ect doesn't mean they are any more hardcore than one who doesn't. I will use Tao and Reign as a example. Each of them have replicas (Tao a Locust Head prop) and Reign has a Retro Lancer replica. Would I love either of these? Of course - however can I afford one? Not a chance. Only way I'll ever get a replica is if someone sells it dirt cheap or I win one.
    Well said. Also, I won that Locust Bust from GCON a couple years ago. I can't afford it either.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Well said. Also, I won that Locust Bust from GCON a couple years ago. I can't afford it either.
    you guys take things way too personally, like it's your job to correct everything, and like I just insulted your mother or something... jeeze...

Gamer IDs

you guys take things way too personally, like it's your job to correct everything, and like I just insulted your mother or something... jeeze...
    You posted incorrect info. We felt that correct info would be better for people to read. Since misinformation spreads faster than information.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

You posted incorrect info. We felt that correct info would be better for people to read. Since misinformation spreads faster than information.
    This is my point, actually, I did not post incorrect info. I made a statement, and then asked a question... And while yes, there are going to always be exceptions, I would be willing to wager that your average forum regular plays more, spends more, and is more dedicated than your average non forum member. Again, there's going to be exception, obviously.

Gamer IDs

This is my point, actually, I did not post incorrect info. I made a statement, and then asked a question... And while yes, there are going to always be exceptions, I would be willing to wager that your average forum regular plays more, spends more, and is more dedicated than your average non forum member. Again, there's going to be exception, obviously.
    Except you stated We were the ones buying everything. This is not correct. FAR more sales come from outside this community than could ever come from inside. These are not exceptions to the rule, these ARE the rule.

There were 10X more Gears 3 consoles bought than even the highest day of regular forum members. The amount of forum members that own the TriForce Lancers is miniscule and there were only 1,000 made. About 10-15 are owned by forum members. The LE editions sold out completely, and there were 150X the amount of regular forum members worth of them out there. We represent an extremely small, yet vocal population. Epic likes us and talks to us more often than they do the rest of the Gears population, but don't think for an instant that we are their bread and butter. Game companies would all go bankrupt if they relied on their forum communities to be the drive in sales.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Except you stated We were the ones buying everything. This is not correct. FAR more sales come from outside this community than could ever come from inside. These are not exceptions to the rule, these ARE the rule.

There were 10X more Gears 3 consoles bought than even the highest day of regular forum members. The amount of forum members that own the TriForce Lancers is miniscule and there were only 1,000 made. About 10-15 are owned by forum members. The LE editions sold out completely, and there were 150X the amount of regular forum members worth of them out there. We represent an extremely small, yet vocal population. Epic likes us and talks to us more often than they do the rest of the Gears population, but don't think for an instant that we are their bread and butter. Game companies would all go bankrupt if they relied on their forum communities to be the drive in sales.
    Did you actually read my post?

Gamer IDs

Did you actually read my post?

Yes. Right here. Again, the community is vocal. That is all. Everything else is done by the outside community in droves more than it is here.

The forums do not equal the die hard fans. There are plenty of die-hards that have never even heard of the forums.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

I would be willing to wager that your average forum regular plays more, spends more, and is more dedicated than your average non forum member. Again, there's going to be exception, obviously.
    Wut?
    Have you seen the thousands of players entering every single give away? If this was true - no one would be needing them.
    Plays more? Most of the forumers I play with are the lowest level players when compared to those on my FL that are not on the forums.
    More dedicated? That part I agree with more....wait nevermind I see Tao/Gnashes/Reign/Autopsychotic all of which are very dedicated players -- play other games equal times. Yet I have others on my FL not on forums never play anything else aside from Netflix.

You're generalizing the forumers way too much. Just because we visit a forum doesn't mean anything. It simply means they came here and started posting. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Forums are basically a slow moving chat room.
    It's kinda like saying someone who uses Hotmail is a dedicated Microsoft fan.
    PopeAdrian37th

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ant Heuser Kush

Yup, I'm a die hard fan, and this is the 1st forum I ever joined-- Aside from Xbox.com. If I wasn't a member of the forums that wouldn't change how much I like the game, if anything, I'm on here more than my Xbokz... Go figure.

EGFC #274|Military Vets
    I was Over Seas fighting at War while you were playing the Beta.
    Thank you OScaveman, DanTheGamer11, iMisfitz, Flak, LuckyBacon and III LYCAN III for the codes.
    Forum Guide Rank Reset Forum Coding

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OO629

If there's a medal counting kills, it should count kills in every playlists/modes but it should only unlock an achievement+medal, not a weapon skin/character skin/special powerup or something. This could reduce the <<this guy got that skin by boosting, he's bad>> or the <<I got that skin legit, I'm 1337 and boosters doesn't deserve it>> feeling (nothing special about something that can be boosted).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga-A7X View Post
    Didn't need to be fixed. In Arcade, with Super Reload, we would have all Onyx'd the Lancer in record time. The 5 starting weapons were meant to be hard earned.

Hell I can pull 80+ kills in under 7 minutes on Act 3 Chapter 1 - Anvil Gate , and easily pull a 10X multiplier on a Casual setting, with the Mauler's never making it past the second gate. Not bragging, (nothing to brag about) it's the game mechanics that allow incredibly easy kills. If Arcade/Campaign counted, or Horde counted, I would have abused that and had the Onyx Lancer on the first weekend after unlocking Super Reload.

Since we have no idea if medals will return, or what they will be if they do. I vote NO.
    What about for Revives, Active Reloads etc?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PATRICK KERR1 PSN ID: PATRICKKERR1

Yes.
    Seriously should be based on the game as a whole and not single out any mode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12