Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xGearsCarnage

Default What's with the lack of players on Execution?

The title says it all.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

Harder gametype to play, majority of players being casual will choose to play TDM or KotH because of respawns and easiness of gameplay. Then we have the imbalanced parts of the game which has driven away some of the playerbase because the issues weren't being addressed, and finally you have to consider the fact that the game has around 16-19 playlist and double the number if you count the QM/RM versions. So now the playerbase is really spread out, they need to put the playlists back to how it was on release but include Guardian to make it 7 lists total and then just include the weekly event playlist.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xGearsCarnage

But in Gears of War 2 the Execution playlist was very popular, but as you said players choose TDM or KoTH because of the respawns.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGExWRETCH View Post
    But in Gears of War 2 the Execution playlist was very popular, but as you said players choose TDM or KoTH because of the respawns.
    I still play Execution regardless, as its the gametype I enjoy the most and I like to consistently play against tryhards if you will.

Banned

hardcore being alienated with weapons and changes to gameplay that just destroy the fun of highstakes non respawn matches (sawed off, retro, and strengthed rifles) and too many terrible people playing TDM to resist playing that instead.

Boomshot
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    hardcore being alienated with weapons and changes to gameplay that just destroy the fun of highstakes non respawn matches (sawed off, retro, and strengthed rifles) and too many terrible people playing TDM to resist playing that instead.
    False. that's your opinion, not facts. like someone already posted, its because of TDM and other respawn game types... people don't like waiting for the next match and watch other people play cause, they played recklessly in the beginning.
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezhistance

I pretty much only play Execution.. :3 Yeah, there should be more people...
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    TDM

That's really all there is to it. Without TDM people would play more Execution/Warzone. With it, they go to TDM.
    No. that's not true.. like i said in my other post, its because of respawn game types. a lot of people hate waiting and watching other people play cause they die so fast. respawn game types are popular than non respawn.. its nothing we can do to bring'em back.
    TrueGears
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

KoTH is easier than Execution? You guys are crazy, KoTH is ten times harder than Execution.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by Wardog313 View Post
    No. that's not true.. like i said in my other post, its because of respawn game types. a lot of people hate waiting and watching other people play cause they die so fast. respawn game types are popular than non respawn.. its nothing we can do to bring'em back.
    The only other Respawn gametypes are Guardian, CTL (which is DEAD), and KoTH.

KoTH and Guardian aren't new game modes, so the people playing them probably played them in Gears 2.

TDM is new, so the people who play TDM probably came from other game modes in past games, such as Execution and Warzone. Therefore TDM drains the population pool of other game modes.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

TDM
    The answer to a lot of problems right there.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IBear ICavalry

TDM is simply more appealing to people because of the fact that you can find a match in less than a minute and not have to watch people play after dying once.

Respawn gametypes like Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill promote generally faster gameplay as well, because people know they will get to respawn if they die. Especially King of the Hill.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 123MAN View Post
    KoTH is easier than Execution? You guys are crazy, KoTH is ten times harder than Execution.
    Not if you know what you're doing, its not hard to cap the hill and sit around the hill and cross ups. While I do agree its a more difficult gametype than the majority, its not nearly as difficult as Execution considering you only get 1 life and you have to win your battles or you will lose and when you lose a weapon its much more of a blow to than in KotH.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Quote Originally Posted by KAKARO7 187 View Post
    Not if you know what you're doing, its not hard to cap the hill and sit around the hill and cross ups. While I do agree its a more difficult gametype than the majority, its not nearly as difficult as Execution considering you only get 1 life and you have to win your battles or you will lose and when you lose a weapon its much more of a blow to than in KotH.
    Execution, in a competitive sense, is much easier to plan. There are very few variables, that you can often take them all into account in your strategy. Obviously you can still be outplayed our out-stratted, but it's very simple at heart, although it's very unforgiving and difficult to play out in reality. The mentality is straight forward though.

KoTH, in a competitive sense, is much harder to plan and execute, based on variables like spawns, ring locations and a lot of other organic factors. While in Public games, KoTH can often be easy to 'dominate', that's because the nature of the mode is that if a team is 5% better/more organised, they'll win the game 95% of the time, whereas in Execution, the playing field isn't quite as harsh for the weaker team, and can be more prone to a 'performance' factor.

In Pubs, Exe is much 'harder'. In competitive, I'd say KoTH is more difficult.

(Coming from an Annex/KoTH player)
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Execution, in a competitive sense, is much easier to plan. There are very few variables, that you can often take them all into account in your strategy. Obviously you can still be outplayed our out-stratted, but it's very simple at heart, although it's very unforgiving and difficult to play out in reality. The mentality is straight forward though.

KoTH, in a competitive sense, is much harder to plan and execute, based on variables like spawns, ring locations and a lot of other organic factors. While in Public games, KoTH can often be easy to 'dominate', that's because the nature of the mode is that if a team is 5% better/more organised, they'll win the game 95% of the time, whereas in Execution, the playing field isn't quite as harsh for the weaker team, and can be more prone to a 'performance' factor.

As an ex-GB'er, I'll agree with this.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

The only other Respawn gametypes are Guardian, CTL (which is DEAD), and KoTH.

KoTH and Guardian aren't new game modes, so the people playing them probably played them in Gears 2.

TDM is new, so the people who play TDM probably came from other game modes in past games, such as Execution and Warzone. Therefore TDM drains the population pool of other game modes.
    Actually yes and no, on TDM being new because people played submission, koth and Guardian like it was Tdm. submission & koth people would ignore the main objective and just run around killing each other, like an unlimited Tdm.. in guardian people refuse to kill the leader because they didn't want to wait & watch and end the game so early.. so Epic went with the flow and gave people an TDM mode. plus people boosted that way in Gears 2
    TrueGears
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spanky Knows

It's because of TDM like what Gnashes said plus gears 3 offers a lot of other playlists and not to mention there is ranked and quick match ob each of them.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oXFiercePlayXo

I hate to say it but it's because this game is dead that's why. Gears 3 is just to user friendly and it drove a lot of the players away. I went back to Gears 1 and I am having a blast since a lot of the original players came back.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post

I can respect your opinon, considering our interests in gametypes slightly differ.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wardog313 View Post
    Actually yes and no, on TDM being new because people played submission, koth and Guardian like it was Tdm. submission & koth people would ignore the main objective and just run around killing each other, like an unlimited Tdm.. in guardian people refuse to kill the leader because they didn't want to wait & watch and end the game so early.. so Epic went with the flow and gave people an TDM mode. plus people boosted that way in Gears 2
    Wait... people actually played Submission?

And TDM still drained a LOT of the casual Execution/Warzone players.

Most of the assholes who play KoTH and Guardian to farm kills, still do it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IBear ICavalry

It was really fun. You should try it sometime.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

And TDM still drained a LOT of the casual Execution/Warzone players.

Most of the assholes who play KoTH and Guardian to farm kills, still do it.
    yeah, before gears 2 was dying out. right now, yeah but right behind it's Guardian, Koth and Ctl.. people don't want to wait & watch, then learn from their mistakes.. they just want to keep playing recklessly and have fun. which you can't blame them.. different strokes, for different folks
    TrueGears
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS