Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    66
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xGearsCarnage

    Default What's with the lack of players on Execution?

    The title says it all.

  2. #2
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aspho Fields
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

    Default

    Harder gametype to play, majority of players being casual will choose to play TDM or KotH because of respawns and easiness of gameplay. Then we have the imbalanced parts of the game which has driven away some of the playerbase because the issues weren't being addressed, and finally you have to consider the fact that the game has around 16-19 playlist and double the number if you count the QM/RM versions. So now the playerbase is really spread out, they need to put the playlists back to how it was on release but include Guardian to make it 7 lists total and then just include the weekly event playlist.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

    Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

    Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    66
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xGearsCarnage

    Default

    But in Gears of War 2 the Execution playlist was very popular, but as you said players choose TDM or KoTH because of the respawns.

  4. #4
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aspho Fields
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGExWRETCH View Post
    But in Gears of War 2 the Execution playlist was very popular, but as you said players choose TDM or KoTH because of the respawns.
    I still play Execution regardless, as its the gametype I enjoy the most and I like to consistently play against tryhards if you will.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

    Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

    Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,065

    Default

    hardcore being alienated with weapons and changes to gameplay that just destroy the fun of highstakes non respawn matches (sawed off, retro, and strengthed rifles) and too many terrible people playing TDM to resist playing that instead.

  6. #6
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Posts
    2,461
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    hardcore being alienated with weapons and changes to gameplay that just destroy the fun of highstakes non respawn matches (sawed off, retro, and strengthed rifles) and too many terrible people playing TDM to resist playing that instead.
    False. that's your opinion, not facts. like someone already posted, its because of TDM and other respawn game types... people don't like waiting for the next match and watch other people play cause, they played recklessly in the beginning.
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas :D
    Posts
    5,268
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rezhistance

    Default

    I pretty much only play Execution.. :3 Yeah, there should be more people...
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

    People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

    For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

  9. #9
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Posts
    2,461
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    TDM

    That's really all there is to it. Without TDM people would play more Execution/Warzone. With it, they go to TDM.
    No. that's not true.. like i said in my other post, its because of respawn game types. a lot of people hate waiting and watching other people play cause they die so fast. respawn game types are popular than non respawn.. its nothing we can do to bring'em back.
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    3,526
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Geo Zinx

    Default

    KoTH is easier than Execution? You guys are crazy, KoTH is ten times harder than Execution.

  11. #11
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog313 View Post
    No. that's not true.. like i said in my other post, its because of respawn game types. a lot of people hate waiting and watching other people play cause they die so fast. respawn game types are popular than non respawn.. its nothing we can do to bring'em back.
    The only other Respawn gametypes are Guardian, CTL (which is DEAD), and KoTH.

    KoTH and Guardian aren't new game modes, so the people playing them probably played them in Gears 2.

    TDM is new, so the people who play TDM probably came from other game modes in past games, such as Execution and Warzone. Therefore TDM drains the population pool of other game modes.

  12. #12
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    TDM
    The answer to a lot of problems right there.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  13. #13
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    555
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: IBear ICavalry

    Default

    TDM is simply more appealing to people because of the fact that you can find a match in less than a minute and not have to watch people play after dying once.

    Respawn gametypes like Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill promote generally faster gameplay as well, because people know they will get to respawn if they die. Especially King of the Hill.

  14. #14
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aspho Fields
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 123MAN View Post
    KoTH is easier than Execution? You guys are crazy, KoTH is ten times harder than Execution.
    Not if you know what you're doing, its not hard to cap the hill and sit around the hill and cross ups. While I do agree its a more difficult gametype than the majority, its not nearly as difficult as Execution considering you only get 1 life and you have to win your battles or you will lose and when you lose a weapon its much more of a blow to than in KotH.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

    Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

    Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

  15. #15
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,877
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NP473L

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAKARO7 187 View Post
    Not if you know what you're doing, its not hard to cap the hill and sit around the hill and cross ups. While I do agree its a more difficult gametype than the majority, its not nearly as difficult as Execution considering you only get 1 life and you have to win your battles or you will lose and when you lose a weapon its much more of a blow to than in KotH.
    Execution, in a competitive sense, is much easier to plan. There are very few variables, that you can often take them all into account in your strategy. Obviously you can still be outplayed our out-stratted, but it's very simple at heart, although it's very unforgiving and difficult to play out in reality. The mentality is straight forward though.

    KoTH, in a competitive sense, is much harder to plan and execute, based on variables like spawns, ring locations and a lot of other organic factors. While in Public games, KoTH can often be easy to 'dominate', that's because the nature of the mode is that if a team is 5% better/more organised, they'll win the game 95% of the time, whereas in Execution, the playing field isn't quite as harsh for the weaker team, and can be more prone to a 'performance' factor.

    In Pubs, Exe is much 'harder'. In competitive, I'd say KoTH is more difficult.

    (Coming from an Annex/KoTH player)
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

  16. #16
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Execution, in a competitive sense, is much easier to plan. There are very few variables, that you can often take them all into account in your strategy. Obviously you can still be outplayed our out-stratted, but it's very simple at heart, although it's very unforgiving and difficult to play out in reality. The mentality is straight forward though.

    KoTH, in a competitive sense, is much harder to plan and execute, based on variables like spawns, ring locations and a lot of other organic factors. While in Public games, KoTH can often be easy to 'dominate', that's because the nature of the mode is that if a team is 5% better/more organised, they'll win the game 95% of the time, whereas in Execution, the playing field isn't quite as harsh for the weaker team, and can be more prone to a 'performance' factor.

    In Pubs, Exe is much 'harder'. In competitive, I'd say KoTH is more difficult.

    (Coming from an Annex/KoTH player)
    As an ex-GB'er, I'll agree with this.

  17. #17
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Posts
    2,461
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    The only other Respawn gametypes are Guardian, CTL (which is DEAD), and KoTH.

    KoTH and Guardian aren't new game modes, so the people playing them probably played them in Gears 2.

    TDM is new, so the people who play TDM probably came from other game modes in past games, such as Execution and Warzone. Therefore TDM drains the population pool of other game modes.
    Actually yes and no, on TDM being new because people played submission, koth and Guardian like it was Tdm. submission & koth people would ignore the main objective and just run around killing each other, like an unlimited Tdm.. in guardian people refuse to kill the leader because they didn't want to wait & watch and end the game so early.. so Epic went with the flow and gave people an TDM mode. plus people boosted that way in Gears 2
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

  18. #18
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WestCostin'
    Posts
    216
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Spanky Knows

    Default

    It's because of TDM like what Gnashes said plus gears 3 offers a lot of other playlists and not to mention there is ranked and quick match ob each of them.

  19. #19
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    155
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: oXFiercePlayXo

    Default

    I hate to say it but it's because this game is dead that's why. Gears 3 is just to user friendly and it drove a lot of the players away. I went back to Gears 1 and I am having a blast since a lot of the original players came back.

  20. #20
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aspho Fields
    Posts
    611
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: o K1D FL4SH o

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Execution, in a competitive sense, is much easier to plan. There are very few variables, that you can often take them all into account in your strategy. Obviously you can still be outplayed our out-stratted, but it's very simple at heart, although it's very unforgiving and difficult to play out in reality. The mentality is straight forward though.

    KoTH, in a competitive sense, is much harder to plan and execute, based on variables like spawns, ring locations and a lot of other organic factors. While in Public games, KoTH can often be easy to 'dominate', that's because the nature of the mode is that if a team is 5% better/more organised, they'll win the game 95% of the time, whereas in Execution, the playing field isn't quite as harsh for the weaker team, and can be more prone to a 'performance' factor.

    In Pubs, Exe is much 'harder'. In competitive, I'd say KoTH is more difficult.

    (Coming from an Annex/KoTH player)
    I can respect your opinon, considering our interests in gametypes slightly differ.
    Gears of War - (1100/1250)
    Gears of War 2 - (1750/1750)
    Gears of War 3 - (1900/2000)
    Gears of War Judgment - (1425/1500)

    Lambent Classic Hammerburst/Reaper Gnasher

    Signup for Bing for free Microsoft Points

  21. #21
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog313 View Post
    Actually yes and no, on TDM being new because people played submission, koth and Guardian like it was Tdm. submission & koth people would ignore the main objective and just run around killing each other, like an unlimited Tdm.. in guardian people refuse to kill the leader because they didn't want to wait & watch and end the game so early.. so Epic went with the flow and gave people an TDM mode. plus people boosted that way in Gears 2
    Wait... people actually played Submission?

    And TDM still drained a LOT of the casual Execution/Warzone players.

    Most of the assholes who play KoTH and Guardian to farm kills, still do it.

  22. #22
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    555
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: IBear ICavalry

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Wait... people actually played Submission?
    It was really fun. You should try it sometime.

  23. #23
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Posts
    2,461
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Wait... people actually played Submission?

    And TDM still drained a LOT of the casual Execution/Warzone players.

    Most of the assholes who play KoTH and Guardian to farm kills, still do it.
    yeah, before gears 2 was dying out. right now, yeah but right behind it's Guardian, Koth and Ctl.. people don't want to wait & watch, then learn from their mistakes.. they just want to keep playing recklessly and have fun. which you can't blame them.. different strokes, for different folks
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •