Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Default Can we finally get some real Private Match customization?

Hey guys, if you know me, you know that I've pushed for some deeper customization in Gears for a while now. Gears 3 didn't offer much more than Gears 2 and frankly, it was embarrassing compared to other games.

Gears 3:

Private --> KOTH
    CTL
    Warzone
    Team Deathmatch
    Wingman
    Execution --> Rounds 1-15
    Round time limit 1-10
    Number of bots 1-9
    Classic Stalemates On or Off
    Bleed out time 5-60
    Friendly Fire On or Off
    Weapon spawn - After use or After pickup

IIRC, that's about it. You can change power weapons from one to the other and that's your customization in a nutshell.

What it should be:

When you're in the lobby to choose your character and map, clicking for instance Y should throw up a number of options

Everything I placed above
    X-Ray Vision - On or Off
    Player health - 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% - 125% - 150% - 175% - 200%
    Spawn System - Standard spawn - KOTH type spawning - Random spawning (As in a player can spawn anywhere on the map)
    Rounds 1-15
    Assign one weapon to all weapon slots
    Assign specific amount of ammo to each individual power weapon (IE. Boomshot - 2 bullets Longshot - 16 Bullets
    Every starting weapon has infinite ammo
    When a power weapon is picked up from its pick-up point, it respawns straight away without a timer
    Stopping Power On or Off

These are just some examples of how EPIC can develop Private matches instead of the basic stuff we've seen before.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devious Sektor

X-ray vision? you mean like leader ctl/guardian tac-com ?
    I am The Sponger from Down Under

..(\ /) Thanks to DxM for my jungle tai and Cheezmo for my aftermath baird you both are awesome!!
    .(ಠ_ಠ) Disapproval bunny disapproves of Your posts.My twitter
    o(")(") The worst grenade throw ever...of all time.
    If I somehow got involved with derailing a thread it's not my fault, I tend to get carried away with off topic posts.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Time Victim

Epic should look at all the features Halo is known for offering in private matches.
    LP,LP,-->,LK,HP = 天

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

I don't know if Epic will ever get that specific with Customizations but I can definitely see the need of map cycles again.
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ant Heuser Kush

Being able to have custom map cycles would be amazing! Only Gears 1 pulled that off

EGFC #274|Military Vets
    I was Over Seas fighting at War while you were playing the Beta.
    Thank you OScaveman, DanTheGamer11, iMisfitz, Flak, LuckyBacon and III LYCAN III for the codes.
    Forum Guide Rank Reset Forum Coding

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    I don't know if Epic will ever get that specific with Customizations but I can definitely see the need of map cycles again.
    Some of the stuff I listed is slightly basic. Nothing like increased CMS or increased weapon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvtseeker23 View Post
    X-ray vision? you mean like leader ctl/guardian tac-com ?
    Yep!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: osowanted PSN ID: osowanted

This should be implemented bt I hardly think asking this will do anything sorry Ve.xta
    Thanks to CallMeHost for the Golden Hammerburst code!
    Thank you to NFI for the Mechanic Baird
    !
    Thank you Cher, Zap, and DarkAp for choosing me hope you all had a awesome Christmas!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HRPac

if People Can Fly were in charge of the multiplayer then we might have seen more drastic changes like increased customization but since Epic has retained control, I highly doubt it will be much different than GoW3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Please bring back the dead room for Private Matches.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RoboSeal1

Map cycles are a must, and if spawn protection is still op it should be an option in private

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

I just want to be able to play Torque Bow Tag and Stay Frosty anytime I want. Map cycles are a must, along with gametype cycles.

I don't think options like player health and the like are necessary, but we do need more options.
    -thesuicidefox-

Banned
    Gamer IDs

If the private matches had half the options as past ghost recon games the fans would be so happy

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rigemeister

Custom loadouts and map cycles are a must. Toggling on/off stopping power and active reload boost would be nice too.
    I'd also like to see the ability to toggle sudden death 1:00 countdown on/off, grenade planting on/off, and choose between warzone or execution rules for any gametype.
    Quote Originally Posted by drusi View Post
    Others may need to lurk moar. You, sir, need to post more.
    Check out my channel, home to GOWJ's first known triple collateral! Big thanks to Flak, Cher, lllLycanlll, Carmine Cog, tzrk, and HYBRID CA who so generously gave me codes!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DanTheGamer11

I'd like it if they implemented these ideas, maybe even health modifiers and no headshots, Crysis 2 has some very nice settings, as does Halo.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezhistance

I loved Halo Reach and their Custom Games.. If Gears was like that I'd have a lot more fun with it..
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

Quote Originally Posted by RoboSeal1 View Post
    Map cycles are a must, and if spawn protection is still op it should be an option in private
    How is spawn protection "overpowered?" The only times where it really needs fixing is on extremely large maps, where you don't even make it out of the spawn area before it goes away, and on really small maps, where you can nearly get to the center if you hoof it enough. Other than that, you're not supposed to be spawn camping anyways, that's why Epic implemented the system, so that those teams who are far enough away from the spawn but close enough to insta-down anyone who rounds a corner can't do so, at least not as easily.

In my opinion Epic needs to implement spawn protection to be custom for each map. Maps like Sandbar and Artillery need a good 5-8 seconds, whereas maps like checkout need only 2-4.

I've made an entire spawn-count/area hybrid post on an old thread. I don't think I can go find it now, though. It was really good...
    Last edited by Terra D Serph; 06-15-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheGamer11 View Post
    I'd like it if they implemented these ideas, maybe even health modifiers and no headshots, Crysis 2 has some very nice settings, as does Halo.
    Most AAA games have good customization in Private matches, it's the only real area EPIC are lacking in.

Quote Originally Posted by rigemeister View Post
    Custom loadouts and map cycles are a must. Toggling on/off stopping power and active reload boost would be nice too.
    I'd also like to see the ability to toggle sudden death 1:00 countdown on/off, grenade planting on/off, and choose between warzone or execution rules for any gametype.
    Good points!

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    I just want to be able to play Torque Bow Tag and Stay Frosty anytime I want. Map cycles are a must, along with gametype cycles.

I don't think options like player health and the like are necessary, but we do need more options.
    IMO player health would be a good feature and would be the most suitable.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also character movement speed

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Unbadge

ohh and map rotation like they had in gow 1

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mullet Death

Yes, yes, yes, I like where you're going with this, and I planned on making another thread about this same topic at some point. What I wanted, and still want, regarding private match customization is in the thread at the bottom of my signature a little bit. I want to see really advanced and creative settings. I want to be able to choose what effects smoke grenades have, stopping power levels (from none to however), the damage output of all weapons or at least starting weapons, and a whole bunch of stuff.

I'm actually surprised, because one of the things I was talking about in the thread is something we're already getting in the form of Overrun, which is pretty sweet, I've got to say.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0NVERSITY

i would love to see these options in gears of war judgment
    Gears player since day 1
    Gears 2 \\*//
    Gears 3 \\*// October . Currently \\*// 400

Cog: A. Carmine, Classic Baird/Dom
    Locust: grenedier/ beast rider

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Genologic

Support this thread. ^^^^^^^^^

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bugz N7 PSN ID: Bugz_XO

Thy won't do any of that

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Genologic

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    *Reads OP*

WANT! Take my money and give it all to me!
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...lance-the-Game

OP = Me

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Holy Gear

YES YES YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEES!!! 100000000000000000000000000% full support!!!!!!!!!!!!! this has to be done...hope fully overrun has some mega customization to it too!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Untitled One

I think it wouldn't hurt EPIC on taking some cues from the Halo series.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by l CrUsHeR l Xx View Post
    Do you mind? You shouldn't just jump in the thread and try to derail it and advertise your thread smh.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love U Jesus View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, I like where you're going with this, and I planned on making another thread about this same topic at some point. What I wanted, and still want, regarding private match customization is in the thread at the bottom of my signature a little bit. I want to see really advanced and creative settings. I want to be able to choose what effects smoke grenades have, stopping power levels (from none to however), the damage output of all weapons or at least starting weapons, and a whole bunch of stuff.

I'm actually surprised, because one of the things I was talking about in the thread is something we're already getting in the form of Overrun, which is pretty sweet, I've got to say.
    Nice thread and I agree!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OO629

I know people who like to turn on friendly fire and do a private free-for-all just for fun. It was working nicely in gears 2 but in gears 3 a negative score give you negative xp rewards (losing xp). Maybe add a toggle private xp reward on/off just for that?

*A pop-up should warn you if the private XP rewards are disabled so it's not accidentally off*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Avid Ashes

I don't understand why this wasn't in Gears 3 in the first place.

But yeah, implement this NAOW
    Thank you Epic for making one of the most insane games I've ever played!!!!
    Check out my YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/incineratefire

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xerxes52

I certainly hope we get more match customization, and also improved bots as well (mainly for Overrun, but improvements could be made across all modes).
    Wretches, why did it have to be Wretches?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Predalian FIVE

Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    I hope they don't make customization. The problem I find with it is if they do decide apon that,
    Then boosting in Private will no longer count because it will be to easy. The fact that they allow us to do something
    like that is a huge gesture in it's self. But the easier it is, Then they WILL take it out.
    Signature removed by admin, over allowed limit of Awesomeness

I just want a dropdown menu for weapon selection instead of having to scroll left and right, one at a time.
    http://www.crafty-ways.com

"Good food, good drink, good God, let's eat!"

I agree with Z. Carmine Bring back the dead room, and map cycles was pretty cool, but will Epic hear our pleas, or should we be poking at people can fly. Are there developers trolling these threads...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mike Snickers

Quote Originally Posted by Vexta View Post
    Hey guys, if you know me, you know that I've pushed for some deeper customization in Gears for a while now. Gears 3 didn't offer much more than Gears 2 and frankly, it was embarrassing compared to other games.

Gears 3:

Private --> KOTH
    CTL
    Warzone
    Team Deathmatch
    Wingman
    Round time limit 1-10
    Number of bots 1-9
    Bleed out time 5-60
    Friendly Fire On or Off

IIRC, that's about it. You can change power weapons from one to the other and that's your customization in a nutshell.

What it should be:

When you're in the lobby to choose your character and map, clicking for instance Y should throw up a number of options

Everything I placed above
    X-Ray Vision - On or Off
    Player health - 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% - 125% - 150% - 175% - 200%
    Spawn System - Standard spawn - KOTH type spawning - Random spawning (As in a player can spawn anywhere on the map)
    Rounds 1-15
    Assign one weapon to all weapon slots
    Assign specific amount of ammo to each individual power weapon (IE. Boomshot - 2 bullets Longshot - 16 Bullets
    Every starting weapon has infinite ammo
    When a power weapon is picked up from its pick-up point, it respawns straight away without a timer
    Stopping Power On or Off

These are just some examples of how EPIC can develop Private matches instead of the basic stuff we've seen before.
    Like halo or something aha. I think we should be able to customize respawn timers as well.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GF Capt Ginyu

I support this idea. I think it would be pretty cool to determine what weapons you spawned with in addition to what weapons made their way on the map. Other things, too, but that's my main draw. I'd love to play a certain event with friends without having to wait for the event to actually pop up. Obviously it won't necessarily be the same (unless they add the event as a mutator to be used in Private after the event has taken place; given that there will still be events in GoW:J), it'd still be cool.
    Novua Shenron

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GWC TrueCore

Quote Originally Posted by Vexta View Post
    Private --> KOTH
    CTL
    Warzone
    Team Deathmatch
    Wingman
    Round time limit 1-10
    Number of bots 1-9
    Bleed out time 5-60
    Friendly Fire On or Off

X-Ray Vision - On or Off xPlayer health - 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% - 125% - 150% - 175% - 200% x
    Spawn System - Standard spawn - KOTH type spawning - Random spawning (As in a player can spawn anywhere on the map) x
    Rounds 1-15
    Assign one weapon to all weapon slots x
    Assign specific amount of ammo to each individual power weapon (IE. Boomshot - 2 bullets Longshot - 16 Bullets x
    Every starting weapon has infinite ammo x
    When a power weapon is picked up from its pick-up point, it respawns straight away without a timer x
    Stopping Power On or Off
    But yes you're right that there's room for more options in private matches. But they have to be useful and shouldn't spray to much.

Thank you Epic for Gears of War!

Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 2000/2000
    Gears of War Judgment 1500/1500

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I would love if epic copied ghost recon future soldier gunsmith mode, basic layout of all weapons and rcardboard cutouts that turn black when they die and at all ranges all within a square

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Disbable all weapon pickup option
    And add option to restrict certain starting weapons or have all 5 bots with retro lancers to practice

My personal opinion, ADD BOTS like unreal tournament 3 you could hand pick your bots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast