Default Uncharted camera style

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do an uncharted camera style within the UDK, but I don't really know if it's possible, i'll explain :
    I don't know if you already have played the uncharted game for example, but sometimes, when you run with your character, the camera is not following the character, it's actually following a predefined path, depending on where the player position is.

So what I want to do, is to have a camera with a path made with matinee for example, and if I am moving with my character forward a little, then my camera will do 20% of its path for example.

Do you know if it's possible with UDK ? I didn't find nothing about it !
    Thanks in advance

God King
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tegleg digital

you mean kinda like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYCOwy4Jg4

im sure i saw a tutorial for that on here somewhere but i cant find it now.
    Code:
    We.spazmodicaly.simulate.new.sound.with.technical.equipment.that.is.specificaly.manufactured.for.humans.to.communicate.in.outer.space.Tegleg.manipulates.time.and.space.to.create.new.experiences.to.generate.a.hardcore.database.generation.
    LOOK>> Please ask questions in the forum, NOT a private message <<LOOK
    tegleg.co.uk
    My Tutorials n Stuff
    Games: NEW! Tegs Playground Multiplayer Edition
    Unwheel2 - VCTF Game - Sponic Mesh 3D
    Shh.. dont tell anyone about my android apps.
    will code for money

Boomshot

You can probably set up triggers that move the camera when the player touches them and use a delay to pause the camera animation after a set period of time.

So if you have a 20 second long camera animation along a set path, once the player reaches a trigger set halfway between that animation, play the matinee sequence and start a delay that will end after 10 seconds then pause the matinee sequence. You may need to use multiple triggers though in case the player walks backwards so the camera won't stay in that position.

Hello,

Tegleg => Yes this is the kind of camera that I need !

JessirG => I tried what you said, and it is working ( thanks ), the only problem is that I don't want to pause my camera animation, because the stop is kind of rude and brutal, the animation just stops and that's it, that is not really immersive.

Maybe I could tell UDK : If my player touch the trigger, then my camera animation is playing, but after a delay of 2 seconds, then the playing rate of my camera animation just slowing down, and goes again to normal when my player touches the next trigger ?

Boomshot

Or you could use multiple cameras for each trigger and have the next camera start from where the last one left off so it would be seamless.