Boomshot
    In the deadlands with the Savages, lost without her. I will find you, my Queen.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Undead Paradox

Default We're All Stranded Now - Gnasher Shotgun Prop

Hey, Epic Gamers! ...Gotta say, I'm glad this blasted thing is done. It's been almost a year since I uploaded my WIP on Twitter -

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I took that bare-silver thing to the Midnight Premier at Gamestop. That was fun. Lots of comments. :P Alas, it wasn't finished. But I had no job, so no money for paint, paintbrushes or any of that happy stuff. So, there it sat, next to my Retro Lancer, collecting dust. (A few months back if fell off my shelf, and the lever broke into 5 pieces. ...That was not fun to fix.) But then I got hired, as an NAR in a Skilled Care facility. So I got money, but then I had no time to work on it. Since it was my first job, however, and Washington's State Department of Health isn't very adamant about calling people about turning in outdated paperwork, I can't work anymore until they process my license. So, for a week so far, I've had money and time. Awesome!

So, I'll tell you right now - this isn't the standard Gnasher paint design. I tried to do it, but I can't paint straight lines. That went out the window. So, I went with a theme - Stranded. I thought (since, as some of you might know, I'm all for Locust) "What if a Grenadier was washed out of the hollow, without a gun? He'd have to make one himself, right?" So, I made it look shambly, old, dirty, worn, and beaten up. Lots of silver and black paint, a few drops of red, some felt strips and some foam cutouts (You might be able to see the Locust symbol toward the handle) and this is what I came up with.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I don't have a camera, so I borrowed my sister's smartphone again. (The WIP was taken with the same phone.) She posted it to her Facebook, and I got it from there, so my apologies for the not-so-amazing picture quality. I'm hoping to get more pictures from her, since there are details on the bottom (I wrote my gamertag with the Locust alphabet on the bottom) When I get more pictures to post, I'll add them to the OP.

Unlike the Retro Lancer prop from NECA (huge props to them, pun intended, for making it awesome) my Gnasher is really lightweight, since it's made from paper, fiberglass resin and Bondo body filler. So running around with it and imagining a COG massacre is a breeze. I would know - I practiced a two-piece on my Mom.

Yes, that is my kitchen. Yes, that is a can of corn starch in the background. No, that isn't real wood.

So, here you go - A Gnasher, made by a lowly Stranded Grenadier.

Enjoy.
    I'm a hardcore spooner. I'm always the big spoon.
    Number of Boomshot Headshots: 23.
    I recall when I used to be a huge Guardian player. It was the only MP I played in Gears 2, and the only reason why I played Gears 2 MP in the first place. I honestly thought Guardian was never coming back, but once again Epic tells us they're still here for us, and that they love us. <3

It looks Sick!!! , way better than mine. I build mine outta Paper tho, next time I will use Card stock tho.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brocust Drone PSN ID: coldbanshee

Very creative. Absolutely love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist3r 0 View Post
    I have a dream that one day Serans and Locust can walk together and attend the same schools... and possibly even drink from the same water fountain without getting gibbed or chainsawed. Black coffee is the devil.
    Thank you xIx ANTI xIx, lll LYCAN lll, 123MAN, lewgis, LoD Fenix, DizzyRules and Kosher for the codes!
    EGFC Member

R.I.P. Jynx

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Very nice effort, and a story to boot.

Well done sir! Looks great.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread