MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Plane under imported FBX character

*EDIT*

Okay, so I fixed the Plane problem, but now I have another question.

I imported the model as a combined mesh, so it doesn't have 23 parts... yeah...

So, my question is, can I apply textures to individual parts of the model, so the head looks different than the chest which looks different than the legs etc...?

Thanks!

-Cody
    Last edited by pivotraze; 06-12-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Black Fang666

Yes, if you set that up correctly before you exported. Its a bad idea though.
    Want to collaborate? Want to chat UDK? Message me on Skype, Craig Delancy. Check out my UDK Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xblBlack...ew=0&flow=grid

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by skwisdemon666 View Post
    Yes, if you set that up correctly before you exported. Its a bad idea though.
    Really? Why is that a bad idea?

The Sacrifice

If i was you i wouldnt have combined the mesh into one, becuase it means that the textures could mess up, and not reach the entire part of that mesh. What i mean is when you apply a material a problem that you can get when using FBX's is that the material doesnt fill the whole part, there will be an un-even patch of it in the middle. If you have this problem when you have tried to apply textures then look for tutorials on youtube on how to prevent that, or you can just ask me and i can create one for you!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my Website: http://www.greenfishstudios.wix.com/info

Contact: If you are in need of any help, or if you have any questions about 3d Modelling, or you need information about using the Unreal Engine, then please make sure to contact me at the following address, as i would be happy to help you out!: GreenFishStudios@live.com

Youtube Channel Address: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenFi5hStudios

I will be able to provide you with any support, or queries that you have, so please make sure to contact me, either on the forums via PM, or to my business address, and i will provide you with a reply, within 48 hours!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Fi5h1fishy View Post
    If i was you i wouldnt have combined the mesh into one, becuase it means that the textures could mess up, and not reach the entire part of that mesh. What i mean is when you apply a material a problem that you can get when using FBX's is that the material doesnt fill the whole part, there will be an un-even patch of it in the middle. If you have this problem when you have tried to apply textures then look for tutorials on youtube on how to prevent that, or you can just ask me and i can create one for you!
    What do you mean "Create one"? Like, create a model? Or create the texturizing of the character?