Boomshot
    On the other side of the map, hard-aiming you with the Gnasher.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: He Bridish

Thumbs down Active Lancer at close range; too much?

I have been using the Lancer pretty much all the time for the past few weeks and have noticed how much the active Lancer seems to dominate at close range. It seems that it can down very fast, and it has ridiculous stopping power. At close range I have landed every Gnasher shot on someone (accurately) and still got downed by someone using the active lancer.

It also seems that hipfiring it is also very accurate at close range. I read the BRADYGAMES Gears of War 3 Guide or whatever it is called a while ago and remember it saying something like "walking back while hipfiring the Lancer is the perfect counter to a shotgun". Believe it or not, I'm sure it said something alone those lines. Anyone else think it could do with a slight reduction in stopping power at close range. It seems that there is nothing you can do once stopping power takes place. Even if I'm moving to the side I'm glued to the floor.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3OTERO

I personally love the lancer the way it is, and compared to the retro I think its power is fine. I use the lancer more than any other starter weapons, almost twice as many kills as my next best weapon and I have found that the active with a head shot is very dangerous, I have also found that hip firing the lancer to counter shotguns works great, it fires very straight and with a some simple straffing and walking around you can hip fire down people fairly easily.

To be fair, if it wasnt my favorite weapon I would agree to some damage reduction, but only if the other rifles got nerfed as well, compared to all the other weapons in the game the lancer is the least of my worries.
    Insane Horde Group Member, also big KOTH fan, invites and FR's welcome
    Rocketback silverkills anyone?
    I WILL FOREVER DISLIKE GOWJ FOR THE REMOVAL OF HORDE

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iimuraii

Whenever I use active lancer people get destroyed. I can walk around and spray pretty much anyone using a gnasher or SO. But at the same time, when people try to do it to me, it very rarely works. IDK how I feel about it. I think that in the hands of really good players, hipfire active lancer spray could be a big problem, but I haven't seen enough abuse of it to say it warrants a nerf.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Shabba Dabba

The damage does seem a bit ridiculous, if you are caught with an active lancer whilst running there's little chance that'll you'll survive haha

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm fine with the Lancer except it's performance at close range. I can get downs incredibly fast with it, I can even compete with the Retro Lancer at close range. They both have very fast down times.
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x410x Veanie PSN ID: x410xVeanie

Stopping power has to go....it totally ruins the game for me. Turns the game into a waiting match. I want the fast paced action back.
    Please tone down the assualt rifles. One man can kill instantly with them...thats not teamwork. You wanted teamwork didnt you epic???

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by x410x Veanie View Post
    Stopping power has to go....it totally ruins the game for me. Turns the game into a waiting match. I want the fast paced action back.
    I think it should be toned down quite a lot. I mean the Lancer has a fierce headshot multiplier and it is pretty easy to land if the enemy cannot move.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

Top that off with a panic button that ruins your day. People always walk through my gnasher shots and chainsaw me. I shouldn't have to run when hitting them at that range. OP.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Shabba Dabba

Quote Originally Posted by A CANADIAN View Post
    Top that off with a panic button that ruins your day. People always walk through my gnasher shots and chainsaw me. I shouldn't have to run when hitting them at that range. OP.
    Haha yeah. Lancers also come with a vacuum ability and can suck you in when chainsawing from 5 feet.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by A CANADIAN View Post

Always happens. 2 Lancer shots can lower a chainsaw but a full Gnasher shot can't?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tortyreus

The Lancer is the least of my worries. Even heard about these guns called "Retro Lancer" and "Sawed-off Shotgun"? No?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A sad sad panda

You know this is how I see it.

Retro Lancer has too much power at the range that the Lancer should be dominating.

Lancer has too much power at the range Retro Lancer always dominates at.

Those two rifles are all over the place, imo.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A sad sad panda

Active Lancer is equivillant to a none-active Retro Lancer.

compare Lancer none-active vs active. It's almost useless none-active. While active might as well be a Lancer with the power of a Retro Lancer.

Active Retro Lancer? That's a joke, I'm pretty sure if you active a Retro Lancer and shoot it at the floor, you'll destroy Sera.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    I've used it, and I've abused it.

My personal opinion: Decrease the accuracy (increase the spread) on a hipfire Lancer. It's too easy to just active and beat Gnasher/Retro users at that border between Close and Medium range.
    Gnashes is the wisest of the wise. ^_^

I think it could also use a reduction in stopping power, I mean I can stop them that much I don't even have to hipfire. I aim in on them because they are stuck to the floor.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bjo510 View Post
    You know this is how I see it.

Retro Lancer has too much power at the range that the Lancer should be dominating.

Lancer has too much power at the range Retro Lancer always dominates at.

Those two rifles are all over the place, imo.
    That is so true...

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    I've used it, and I've abused it.

My personal opinion: Decrease the accuracy (increase the spread) on a hipfire Lancer. It's too easy to just active and beat Gnasher/Retro users at that border between Close and Medium range.
    Agreed. Hipfire is way too accurate.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DenyThisFlesh View Post
    Agreed. Hipfire is way too accurate.
    I can't even shoot people who hipfire while walking back. They move so awkwardly I can't land a shot on them. Then I get humped by them...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: No KNOTsense PSN ID: No_KNOTsense

If you think about it: the ONLY starting weapon that isn't effective at close range is the hammerburst, and that's only the case because of its small clip size and long reload time.
    Check out my youtube channel for intense Gow J gameplay! http://www.youtube.com/user/NoKNOTse...ew=0&flow=grid

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by No KNOTsense View Post
    If you think about it: the ONLY starting weapon that isn't effective at close range is the hammerburst, and that's only the case because of its small clip size and long reload time.
    I can actually do well at close range with the Hammy, and I've seen others who can aswell.

The Hammerburst actually has a lot of stopping power at close range, almost as much as the Lancer. I can compete with Retro's at medium-close range with this weapon. It already got a close range nerf but I can still do well with it.