Default How to dodge/survive titans melee attack while standing next to a titan?

some players stay next to a titan and survive 4 -5 times a titans melee attack (normal titan not super titan after second transformation). They seem to jump or using hoverboard ... however, I never sucided in surviving such an attack.

1) What exactly are they doing to survive serveral melee attacks - exact explanation please

----------------------------------------------
    2) Whats roughly the height of the damage zone of a titans melee attack?

3) Somtimes I am as a titan blocked and cant execute a melee attack. I am not sure if I pressed before to many times rockets/shock, so that the "queue" must be worked off before melee attack can be executed, or if it has to do with people shafting me with link alt fire ..... However, again I was not able to prevent other titants from executing melee attack

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hyzoran

Titans are easy, just use the Minigun to weaken and stun it, and then switch to eightball and load 6 grenades into his face.

Do not get hit by any rocks it throws at you, or you will immidiately die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    use the Minigun to ... stun it
    Stun? Is minigun preventing the titan from performing a melee attack?

Only answer question 1-3, no bragging and off-topic talking, and label your answer with the related question for clarity please.
    Last edited by unrealsting; 06-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.

The Sacrifice

you need to feign death to fool your enemies. Then get in position and kill him.

God King

Titans are easy, just use the Minigun to weaken and stun it, and then switch to eightball and load 6 grenades into his face.

lol, wrong titan mate.

When the Titan does his melee attack, quickly switch to hoverboard and back, that way you won't fall.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

^^+100

- Every now and again someone replies with the best stuff- classic !

MSgt. Shooter Person

What Sly said.

Also they may be exploiting a glitch. I remember seeing a youtube video about something to do with the hover board to reduce damage. Something with pulling it out at just the right time.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post
    ^^+100

- Every now and again someone replies with the best stuff- classic !
    Anything that's related to the original Unreal is... SUPER HAPPY FUN. (Sorry, I didn't know what to say, you just can't express it's awesomeness in a normal way...)
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    When the Titan does his melee attack, quickly switch to hoverboard and back, that way you won't fall.
    1) Is it important to switch back?

3) Why is it sometimes not possible to perform the melee attack?

no spam and off topic comments, this is not a chat channel. spam gets reported

God King

Not necessarily, but that way you at least get to shoot at the titan.

S l y .

Redeemer

there is no hover board bind for greed because no vehicles, so feign death equal same efffect? on Greed gametype? i apologise for bad grammar and whatnot.
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

Redeemer

important to switch back from hover board so as not to be death magnet. thlse scorpion balls love me when i hover board. although rare is the time i hover board, and greed simultaneously.
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The hoverboard prevents the melee attack from knocking you over. You don't need to be on it for long. I get ready to use it every time I go in close to the titan. once he lifts his arms, use the hoverboard. Then you can come off it in under a second.

The hoverboqrd also works when a titan has been killed and explodes. Of course, you have to be out of line of site to not get killed, but you won't be knocked over from the blast.

I also experience the same problem with the titan - including not being able to move. I don't know why it happens though - perhaps a spam prevention.

Anything that's related to the original Unreal is... SUPER HAPPY FUN. (Sorry, I didn't know what to say, you just can't express it's awesomeness in a normal way...)
    hahah thats hilarious, and i totally agree!

Not necessarily, but that way you at least get to shoot at the titan.
    then it must be a question of timing, next time I try it. Thank you

this hoverboard thing worked one single time also with a redeemer, just by chance. the nuke exploded about 7-9m away, normally I should have died, but my hoverboard just got a kick and accelerated a bit...
    Last edited by unrealsting; 06-12-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillien View Post
    once he lifts his arms, use the hoverboard.
    wonderful

The hoverboqrd also works when a titan has been killed and explodes. Of course, you have to be out of line of site to not get killed, but you won't be knocked over from the blast.
    Another good and useful tip of you

I also experience the same problem with the titan - including not being able to move. I don't know why it happens though - perhaps a spam prevention.
    I mostly experienced it when beeing under attack with shift alt or stinger, or when I used continues fire before. I am not yet sure, which one it is... I hope somebody else could fill in the missing information. If I would have to guess, I would say that it is from pressing too many times fire before triggering the melee attack (hammer button). -- Thats a general problem of titan: The view is quite bad, so I tend to fire too much ammunition and firing rockets to the ground (to the feet), as done normally, is diffcult cause the rocket launcher locks so quckly on the target.... Now with the hoverboard coming into the game its even harder suceed. the only way to success is probably to aim better with shock beam or shock combo...
    Last edited by unrealsting; 06-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rek View Post
    there is no hover board bind for greed because no vehicles, so feign death equal same efffect? on Greed gametype? i apologise for bad grammar and whatnot.
    feign death was surely not true. I allready reported the spam to the admin
    Last edited by unrealsting; 06-12-2012 at 05:50 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You can only think that the Hoverboard 'trick' wasn't intended - an oversight by the developer? It must be, because if too close the melee throws you out of an equally hovering manta.
    Last edited by Nono; 06-13-2012 at 06:30 AM.

@Nono: good point

Nobody has an idea, why titan sometimes blocked and cant do the melee attack for some seconds?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by unrealsting View Post
    @Nono: good point

Nobody has an idea, why titan sometimes blocked and cant do the melee attack for some seconds?
    The way it happens, it is either a bug or something Epic forced to happen. As long as you are moving forward, backward or from side to side, you can always do the melee attack, so just keep moving, even tiny steps.

Quote Originally Posted by wikkid View Post
    The way it happens, it is either a bug or something Epic forced to happen. As long as you are moving forward, backward or from side to side, you can always do the melee attack, so just keep moving, even tiny steps.
    Thanks dude

Iron Guard

Become Titan, then kill Titan. Global domination

Edit: Also accept Glenn Beck back into your heart

Quote Originally Posted by jomi294 View Post
    Become Titan, then kill Titan. Global domination. Edit: Also accept Glenn Beck back into your heart
    Another superfluid SPAM. A big waste of time to return to the forum to read your diarrhea. Maybe you try a career in the show business?, as a clown? Allready reported your SPAM to the admins
    Last edited by unrealsting; 06-14-2012 at 07:41 AM.

The Sacrifice

Another superfluid SPAM. A big waste of time to return to the forum to read your diarrhea. Maybe you try a career in the show business?, as a clown? Allready reported your SPAM to the admins
    Wow how do you handle the much more abusive trolls in-game?

Iron Guard

Becoming Titan is a pretty effective way to survive against Titans bro