View Poll Results: Move the Mantle Kick to the "melee" button?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it

3 100.00%
  • Not for it

0 0%
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MEIYER

Default BREAKTHROUGH! Mantle kick fix...

So I'm sittin here thinking, how many times has the mantle messed up... and I don't mean just the times when someone's on the other side and it doesn't connect.
    I mean the times when there's a person behind cover, you slide in and think you're climbing over to a kick and you just turn the corner and get dominated.

So here's my question: who would like to see the Mantle Kick go to the melee button? IT MAKES SENSE... it is for melee... and how often do you melee in cover? NEVER!
    So instead of messing up 1/2 of your mantles, it could be on the melee button and it would perfect the intention->usage transition.

Poll for support. If they can't fix GoW3's issue, I understand, but maybe we can show our support for this change in Judgment!
    GoW 3 Member of the Old Guard 20
    Thanks to DizzyRules for my Flame HB code! | And to Reign, Miss Broccoli, and RollerKiller for helping me get it!!
    GoW: J 35

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

hmmm.... to improve upon your idea, mantling normaling will not kick them, but you get to do the cool roll over cover you say other players do. pressing B will do the original mantle, kick included .....

also, i dont think this thread belongs in the issues section

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    hmmm.... to improve upon your idea, mantling normaling will not kick them, but you get to do the cool roll over cover you say other players do. pressing B will do the original mantle, kick included .....

What if you accidentally press a, then the opponents going to get an unearned easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnasherBeast View Post
    What if you accidentally press a, then the opponents going to get an unearned easy kill.
    That's as likely to happen as doing a roll when trying to melee someone.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    That's as likely to happen as doing a roll when trying to melee someone.
    Don't think you got it. A still mantles you over the cover, just does nothing to the enemy. So if someone didn't know about the change to the controls, they're going to be climbing over cover and getting gibbed by the enemy all the time, while thinking their mantle kick has just glitched.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Don't think you got it. A still mantles you over the cover, just does nothing to the enemy. So if someone didn't know about the change to the controls, they're going to be climbing over cover and getting gibbed by the enemy all the time, while thinking their mantle kick has just glitched.
    no, my suggestion said with up+A you roll over cover, not mantle it. user will be clearly able to see why they arent hitting a mantle kick

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MEIYER

That's why I believe the mantle should just be moved to B... it might get confusing with GoW3 if people didn't know, but maybe if it was built into GoW:J there wouldn't be as much confusion. It would still have the same detection if someone is there or not, but it would prevent accidents caused while using A.
    GoW 3 Member of the Old Guard 20
    Thanks to DizzyRules for my Flame HB code! | And to Reign, Miss Broccoli, and RollerKiller for helping me get it!!
    GoW: J 35

Banned
    Gamer IDs

no, my suggestion said with up+A you roll over cover, not mantle it. user will be clearly able to see why they arent hitting a mantle kick
    Can't actually see that in your first post, which is why I'm getting confused

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Can't actually see that in your first post, which is why I'm getting confused

there (x10)

There's a difference between accidentally pressing the wrong button and not knowing the controls. I don't know which of the two you're refering to as you've said both in your previous posts.

An "accident" suggests that you know what you're doing, but you just made a mistake. Not knowing the controls is another entirely.
    If someone presses "A" by accident then it's their own fault. It's as likely to happen as using the bumper to shoot (or rolling instead of melee). People know the controls, there will be a lack of confusion.