Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrypticAshes

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman Fi View Post
    Happens a lot. You're pretty good at this game!
    Happens WAY too much to me at least. Thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by l2ockzombie View Post
    ...Dam that sucks, but you are good lol
    Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Predalian5 View Post
    You good sir, Are AMAZING at gears.
    And you good sir are very kind for saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Victim View Post
    I don't blame him. I see a wrecking ball tear down my team, I'll play as dirty as I can to get it over with.
    I wonder if that was their logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Ninja View Post
    Yep, I'm just like that guy. Every stay frosty match I played in I would do nothing but frag tag people for the lols xD

Ya gotta keep yourself entertained or you'll end up hating this game, know what I mean?
    See man why you gotta do that? People see Crimson do it and they think it's okay to stress poor Cryptic out. Not cool dude.
    | "Gaming wise i'm proud of three things. I'm proud to be a GOW fan. I'm proud to be a former EGFC mod. Last but not least i'm proud to be legit GZB." |
    | Youtube: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | GOW2: \\★// (7/23/2010) | GOW3: \\★// (Re-Up #3 - Gold Wings) |

Banned

Dead is dead, anything goes except cheating.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Faulty Toy

I don't see what's wrong.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggs View Post
    You hate it when enemies use weapons other than the gnasher to kill you?
    This.

Basically, if they kept coming at you with Gnashers of their own, there was a strong chance they'd have lost the game. They changed their game plan and killed you with a chainsaw and smoke-tag respectively. It may not be 'skillful' play and it doesn't look pretty, but it's smart and it worked.

If I come across a player who is good with the Gnasher I'm not gonna go flying in to duel with him/her 1:1. I will play to my own strengths and on my own terms. It's common sense really.

Also: You allowed him to get close enough to you to tag you with a grenade - I'm just thinking hypothetically, but surely it would've been as easy for him to Gnasher you as well if he had one equiped? Coming from that angle he also would have had the right-hand advantage and if you look closely, you'll see that you mistimed and delayed your shot as he ran around.
    Last edited by bleeding pepper; 06-09-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    A 'pub' is a public house - not a 'public match'. Respect that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub

What do you mean 'Get a life?' It's a respawning gametype - I have many lives.

What do you mean 'Rifle-whore - Go back to COD?' If you love shotguns so much why don't you go and play Duck Hunt?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezhistance

lol Dude that sucks so bad xD

I woulda been ragin so hard...
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sideshowbob916

Quote Originally Posted by SiMBiiOTE View Post
    Dead is dead, anything goes except cheating.
    Amen to that.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXi Drag0n iXi

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticAshes View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYDmXjtQWw

Who else experiences this far too much?
    Do you often go into Quick Match games and completely decimate players with less skill than you and then complain when you are killed by a legitimate tactic?
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Unyinz

Sucks when it happens, but you did miss the shot on the chainsaw guy. Also, your second incendiary looked like it hit pretty far from him. I'm sure that guy was just annoyed as you were by the ink tag.
    \m/

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

You kinda ran into the chainsaw (The Chainsaw was legit BTW, exactly what I would have done there [with the chainsaw, I mean])

And the ink tag was funny, if unnecessary.
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DragonEmperor View Post
    Do you often go into Quick Match games and completely decimate players with less skill than you and then complain when you are killed by a legitimate tactic?
    First off you are entitled to your opinion that being said let me answer your question. Yes I do enjoy playing QM infact it's what I play 99% of the time. Because I almost always play solo when i'm in a party I play ranked. You see the purpose and meaning of ranked died with Gears 2. In Gears 1 & 2 ranked was the place the good players went. In Gears 3 it's a sad dead playlist where stacked teams go to take advantage of unsuspecting randoms. QM is where mostly everybody plays and it's a melting pot of skill levels. I constantly play against people better than me, as good as me, and total noobs to the game so don't go there.

Lastly I wouldn't call holding a B button down a tactic or insulting someone by tagging them with an ink in a 1v7 situation. There used to be a sort of unwritten rule book for Gears a respect so to speak. It existed in the first two, sadly it doesn't exist in the third, hopefully it returns in Judgment. I'll leave it at that.
    | "Gaming wise i'm proud of three things. I'm proud to be a GOW fan. I'm proud to be a former EGFC mod. Last but not least i'm proud to be legit GZB." |
    | Youtube: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | GOW2: \\★// (7/23/2010) | GOW3: \\★// (Re-Up #3 - Gold Wings) |

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HuNGrrrR

Damn, i know how you feel man, gotta catch you online so we go and wreck but you play at most random times and diff time-zones are a small problem too

Keep your game up and see you around
    a.k.a. KiLLER UZi
    BRING IT!!!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FellBlueDodger

...There used to be a sort of unwritten rule book for Gears a respect so to speak. It existed in the first two, sadly it doesn't exist in the third, hopefully it returns in Judgment. I'll leave it at that.
    It still exists in gears 3, but a 1v7 scenario where you are just trying to kill everything in sight, it's not like they will pause and wait to see who will go 1v1 first.

Lastly I wouldn't call holding a B button down a tactic or insulting someone by tagging them with an ink in a 1v7 situation.
    Holding down the B button is less of a tactic than holding down the RT? And if you are insulted by a person tagging you with an ink, then you need to re-think why most poeple play this game...for teh lulz
    USAF

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Three Monkeyz

You missed both times. Yeah, it blows and I always have to take a swig of my drink and have a deep sigh, but it's not like I'm better because I didn't chainsaw/'nade tag.

Both of those guys did perfectly legitimate things in the game. It wasn't fun dieing, of course, but I don't see the big deal here.
    Thanks to oldson59, Jill, Rishy, Cher, Lycan, *Zap*, mullases, jg420, and Flak for all the epic codes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminologgy View Post
    Its a matter of opinion in the end and i dont argue over those, i respect your view and offer mine, nothing more or less
    Need help with pictures, signatures, or coding? Clicky!
    When was the last time YOU updated your back-up!? Clicky!

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDodger View Post
    Holding down the B button is less of a tactic than holding down the RT? And if you are insulted by a person tagging you with an ink, then you need to re-think why most poeple play this game...for teh lulz
    Holding down RT doesn't guarantee you a kill. There is aiming, evading, potential strafing, wallbouncing involved. It's not a magic kill button. Regardless though use your lancer as wait for it...an assault rifle. Down me I don't care just don't use the magic kill button. I suppose you're right maybe I do need to re-think why most people play this game apparently. I guess i'm the crazy boring one that holds on to old ways and plays with the oldschool respect. Oh well.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Holding down RT doesn't guarantee you a kill. There is aiming, evading, potential strafing, wallbouncing involved. It's not a magic kill button. Regardless though use your lancer as wait for it...an assault rifle. Down me I don't care just don't use the magic kill button. I suppose you're right maybe I do need to re-think why most people play this game apparently. I guess i'm the crazy boring one that holds on to old ways and plays with the oldschool respect. Oh well.
    Underlined part: Hey i do too, but you have to realize not everyone takes that type of mentality, becuase well, it is just a game "shrugs shoulders"

1. The Lancer is an assault rifle AND a chainsaw put together, sometimes you use it as an assault rifle, sometimes as a chainsaw.

2. Holding B down does not guarantee you a kill either...
    USAF

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

First off you are entitled to your opinion that being said let me answer your question. Yes I do enjoy playing QM infact it's what I play 99% of the time. Because I almost always play solo when i'm in a party I play ranked. You see the purpose and meaning of ranked died with Gears 2. In Gears 1 & 2 ranked was the place the good players went. In Gears 3 it's a sad dead playlist where stacked teams go to take advantage of unsuspecting randoms. QM is where mostly everybody plays and it's a melting pot of skill levels. I constantly play against people better than me, as good as me, and total noobs to the game so don't go there.

Lastly I wouldn't call holding a B button down a tactic or insulting someone by tagging them with an ink in a 1v7 situation. There used to be a sort of unwritten rule book for Gears a respect so to speak. It existed in the first two, sadly it doesn't exist in the third, hopefully it returns in Judgment. I'll leave it at that.
    When I'm solo I play Ranked King of the Hill or Team Deathmatch, the only gametype that is "sacred" to me when it comes to my record is Capture the Leader which in turn also means Guardian, that I NEVER play solo because of how team orientated it is, I play Quick Match also but I do it because usually I'm warming up and not ready to "play" yet, what you did that video was basically slaughtering ants and yet you still complained when you died twice to what you would consider "cheap", "dirty", "unskillful" tactics, which is just feeding off of some sort of ego, regardless of how big it is.

There is NO such thing as a "cheap", "dirty" or "unskillful" tactic, if it is in the game then it is meant to be used, chainsaw, lancer, rifle, grenades, grenade tags, grenade plants etc. it is ALL meant to be used and if you died to it then accept it like a grown man/woman, holding down the B button is no different than you hitting the Right trigger and instantly killing someone, hitting the B button is no different either, the only difference is that your weapon has a MUCH greater range than the Chainsaw and the Grenade tag, which are Melee distance, which you should never have let them get into in the first place, but they did, do you know why? Because you were using a Shotgun, a Close ranged weapon, do you know what counters that? The chainsaw.

Oh and that so called "unspoken rule book" is something not many people use and there is a reason for that, it's stupid, it is a Video game and you are fighting against each other to Win and destroy the enemy team, not follow some sort of invisible "rules", that crap gets you killed and respect? Good luck with that, enjoy dying to people who you try to "respect" with your "rules".
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Underlined part: Hey i do too, but you have to realize not everyone takes that type of mentality, becuase well, it is just a game "shrugs shoulders"

1. The Lancer is an assault rifle AND a chainsaw put together, sometimes you use it as an assault rifle, sometimes as a chainsaw.

2. Holding B down does not guarantee you a kill either...
    See the problem is up until Gears 3 most players had that same mentality. I'm really not sure what happened in Gears 3 to change the mentality but god did it ever die. This is a completely different issue but do you know i'm literally shocked to not get a kill stolen in every game? Seriously in Gears 1 & 2 I would go weeks sometimes months without that happening. It's just sad really i'm all for progress but the old way was the best way in this circumstance. Anyways yes you're right it is an assault rifle and a chainsaw and there is a time for both. That to me was not the time you should bring out the chainsaw. Not even close.

Holding down B does pretty much guarantee you a kill if you are in a certain radius. No aiming required the vacuum does the work for you. Regardless i'm not arguing the fact that I should of killed the chainsaw guy or the ink guy. I missed the shots I admit that. I'm saying IMO they shouldn't have used the chainsaw or ink. It's not the fact that I died that bothers me. It's the methods used that's all.

When I'm solo I play Ranked King of the Hill or Team Deathmatch, the only gametype that is "sacred" to me when it comes to my record is Capture the Leader which in turn also means Guardian, that I NEVER play solo because of how team orientated it is, I play Quick Match also but I do it because usually I'm warming up and not ready to "play" yet, what you did that video was basically slaughtering ants and yet you still complained when you died twice to what you would consider "cheap", "dirty", "unskillful" tactics, which is just feeding off of some sort of ego, regardless of how big it is.

There is NO such thing as a "cheap", "dirty" or "unskillful" tactic, if it is in the game then it is meant to be used, chainsaw, lancer, rifle, grenades, grenade tags, grenade plants etc. it is ALL meant to be used and if you died to it then accept it like a grown man/woman, holding down the B button is no different than you hitting the Right trigger and instantly killing someone, hitting the B button is no different either, the only difference is that your weapon has a MUCH greater range than the Chainsaw and the Grenade tag, which are Melee distance, which you should never have let them get into in the first place, but they did, do you know why? Because you were using a Shotgun, a Close ranged weapon, do you know what counters that? The chainsaw.

Oh and that so called "unspoken rule book" is something not many people use and there is a reason for that, it's stupid, it is a Video game and you are fighting against each other to Win and destroy the enemy team, not follow some sort of invisible "rules", that crap gets you killed and respect? Good luck with that, enjoy dying to people who you try to "respect" with your "rules".
    I could not possibly disagree with you more! We're not going to agree either so i'll agree to disagree.
    Last edited by CrypticAshes; 06-10-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

There is NO such thing as a "cheap", "dirty" or "unskillful" tactic, if it is in the game then it is meant to be used...
    Aftermath easter egg glitch in Versus...
    USAF

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Unyinz

In many situations, the lancer is pretty cheap (such as corner-camping,) but in that video you rushed pretty much straight into it. It seemed more like a defensive move for him.
    \m/

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devious Sektor

Hasn't that been patched ?
    I am The Sponger from Down Under

..(\ /) Thanks to DxM for my jungle tai and Cheezmo for my aftermath baird you both are awesome!!
    .(ಠ_ಠ) Disapproval bunny disapproves of Your posts.My twitter
    o(")(") The worst grenade throw ever...of all time.
    If I somehow got involved with derailing a thread it's not my fault, I tend to get carried away with off topic posts.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Unyinz View Post
    In many situations, the lancer is pretty cheap (such as corner-camping,) but in that video you rushed pretty much straight into it. It seemed more like a defensive move for him.
    I did rush him you're right. But he dived back when he had the advantage. Simply could have hard aimed lancered me down or at the very least do some heavy damage and then drop me with one shot or some pistol. But no he dives back and B button hero. Honestly i'm rather shocked this thread is still going. I didn't expect this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvtseeker23 View Post
    Hasn't that been patched ?
    Yes and no. It still works but you can't use the hod's but the cleaver is fair game.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

That's more of "cheating" than anything, so it's not the same thing.
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    -Diamondback

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I did rush him you're right. But he dived back when he had the advantage. Simply could have hard aimed lancered me down or at the very least do some heavy damage and then drop me with one shot or some pistol. But no he dives back and B button hero. Honestly i'm rather shocked this thread is still going. I didn't expect this.
    Okay so here I would like to point something out.

He rolled backwards correct? Okay, so he did that and yes he could have shot you down but you had a Gnasher shotgun (one of the only confirmed "OP" guns in the game via Epic) and he had a Lancer, so assuming you were at full health (which he would not have known) and would automatically assume, he would have to shoot you for quite a while, whereas you with your Gnasher would have to shoot him anywhere from one to three times which is not enough for him to have survived this situation and I assume he was playing with you for a decent amount of time (that whole match at least) so he knew you were running around with a Gnasher or at least he saw this previous to your death and knew exactly what you would do and what to do, he rolled backwards and revved his chainsaw because he knew you were going to get closer to him so you could GIB him with your shotgun and what did you do? Fell right into his trap.

It's far more clever than you think it is.

Also I would like to point out my signature, the green text specifically.
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    -Diamondback

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gunstar Chaos

I gotta say I love a good gnasher battle. But when it gets down to the end, I'm not going in outgunned and getting taking out because the guy is better than me. If there's a way to get the win, I'll have to take it. I rather get the win, than being embarrassed the guy took my team out 7 to 1.

Redeemer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYDmXjtQWw

Who else experiences this far too much?
    Yes, I do experience this....and, what seems like, on a daily basis too.
    Some people just can't or don't want to get better at a game and so they revert to easy/scrubby techniques.
    Nice video/gameplay and thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBYCFOTA View Post
    Gears took the core mechanics of what made the multiplayer special and either removed them or mangled them beyond recognition. All this for what? To attract the gamer with the attention span of a nat who will play the game for a month and then go back to his favorite FPS or the next flavor of the month title? They're not the ones who are going to be buying all of the DLC and still playing the game 9 months after launch. That would be your hardcore fanbase, the one you've alienated with your changes to the point of no return. Remember them? Don't worry, you will soon enough.
    R.I.P - Gears of War = 2006/2012
    </3

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rainbow Dash LE

why do people do such things cause I hate it when this happens
    Fellow Bronies and Pegasisters feel free to add me ~ Wind Beneath Her Wings ~ Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash
    Gears of War ~ R.I.P
    Born November 7, 2006 ~ Died March 19, 2013
    Injustice: God Among Us ~ April 16, 2013 ~ Playing as Harley Quinn

Banned

How does running around with the most Op starting weapon of them all (Gnasher), destroying badkids in a quickmatch make you better at the game?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by SiMBiiOTE View Post
    How does running around with the most Op starting weapon of them all (Gnasher), destroying badkids in a quickmatch make you better at the game?
    You've obviously never used a GoW3 Lancer, Hammerburst, or Retro if you think the Gnasher is the most overpowered starting weapon....
    Why does every kid think they are better than someone else even though they have never played eachother and can't admit when there is good gameplay?
    Quote Originally Posted by IBYCFOTA View Post
    Gears took the core mechanics of what made the multiplayer special and either removed them or mangled them beyond recognition. All this for what? To attract the gamer with the attention span of a nat who will play the game for a month and then go back to his favorite FPS or the next flavor of the month title? They're not the ones who are going to be buying all of the DLC and still playing the game 9 months after launch. That would be your hardcore fanbase, the one you've alienated with your changes to the point of no return. Remember them? Don't worry, you will soon enough.
    R.I.P - Gears of War = 2006/2012
    </3

Veteran
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Sniper 95 View Post
    why do people do such things cause I hate it when this happens
    Because its super fun time!
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SNiPaZoR View Post
    You've obviously never used a GoW3 Lancer, Hammerburst, or Retro if you think the Gnasher is the most overpowered starting weapon....
    Why does every kid think they are better than someone else even though they have never played eachother and can't admit when there is good gameplay?
    Quite the contrary, I can admit good gameplay and the two guys that won the game for their team executed great strategy to take out an opponent that was trashing their vastly inferior team. Props to them.

Your problem is you believe "good gameplay " is when someone kills you with the weapon of your choosing.

Veteran

Worst part; The first guy is using the Onyx sawed-off medal.
    Gears 1 1160/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750 | Gears 3 1900/2000 | Bulletstorm 1000/1000
    Thank you Cher for the Lancer Avatar prop and the Minecraft skin pack! |Thank you NeillMcAttack for Commando Dom!| Thank you DarkAp89 for Mechanic Baird!| Thank you PopeAdrian37th for Jungle Tai and Neon!| Thank you I OU a Beatn for the Paintball Skin!| Thank you III LYCAN III for the Web Skin, the Classic Hammy and Marcus!|Thank you The Anya Bunni for Anya and Team Metal!|

It has happened to me as well but I also know how to dodge that first active shot and get in with the chainsaw. That's what could have happened on his but who knows.
    Signature removed, over allowed size

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Let it go. The Gears community will never be as good as it was during Gears 1's prime. Respect for fellow Gearheads went out the window long ago.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

It's not Gears, it's the people who play (in your vid). Like I had one guy in a stacked team on Quick TDM who smoke-tagged me then got his team to gang-rape me. Wow dude, you're so cool and skillfull 8-P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12