Hybrid View

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Why was Clayton hardly in the game after that whole Save Carmine campaign.

I was surprised that Clayton was barely featured in this game since they hyped him up with that promo pic of him ripping a grubs throat and that Save Carmine campaign. I mean they didn't even introduce him like they did with the other Carmine brothers he was just in the background and wasn't even acknowledged. I was hoping there would be some DLC that focused on what he was doing since he was missing for most of the game but it looks like that's not happening.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Idk man, that'd be cool if they did DLC for it though.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by N1ssassa View Post
    Idk man, that'd be cool if they did DLC for it though.
    Yea but I've heard they said there won't be anymore Gears 3 DLC. If anyone can confirm or deny that I'd love to be proven wrong.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Quote Originally Posted by DougieInstructor View Post
    Yea but I've heard they said there won't be anymore Gears 3 DLC. If anyone can confirm or deny that I'd love to be proven wrong.
    It's confirmed their will be no more DLC for gears 3.
    https://twitter.com/GearsViking/stat...71608954097664
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Ya its kinda sad, i wish he had more screen time in Gears 3 at least he got an awesome secondary skin, hope they put him in Judgment.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RYRYdaPLATYPUS

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    Ya its kinda sad, i wish he had more screen time in Gears 3 at least he got an awesome secondary skin, hope they put him in Judgment.
    I doubt he'll be in Judgment as it takes place 15 years before E-day, so Carmine would have only been about 5-8 years old.
    COG: Dom/Baird/A.Carmine LOCUST:Beast Rider/Sniper/Kantus

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RYRYProduction

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheEternalKira

In this book have they already met Clay?
    Yeah, they just casually mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by PRIME COG View Post
    I doubt he'll be in Judgment as it takes place 15 years before E-day, so Carmine would have only been about 5-8 years old.
    Not necessarily, we know none of the character's ages really. Epic could do it if they wanted to.
    (Formerly rebeltrooper123) "You want me to give you a code, AND ADD YOU?!?!? Who do you think I am, Jesus?!?!?" -Tkavil3

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

Quote Originally Posted by PRIME COG View Post
    Incorrect. It's within a year of E-Day already having happened. 1 A.E.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I was expecting something like an introduction via Marcus handing him the letter in the comics, novels or games, but :/
    (Formerly rebeltrooper123) "You want me to give you a code, AND ADD YOU?!?!? Who do you think I am, Jesus?!?!?" -Tkavil3

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboy View Post
    I was expecting something like an introduction via Marcus handing him the letter in the comics, novels or games, but :/
    Thats what i was hoping would happened, but no nothing. Well at least he got mentioned in CE. :/
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thats what i was hoping would happened, but no nothing. Well at least he got mentioned in CE. :/
    What letter? What is "CE"?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

I know nothing, nevermind.
    Last edited by Croswynd; 06-07-2012 at 08:06 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Quote Originally Posted by Croswynd View Post
    I know nothing, nevermind.
    hahahaha. CE stands for Coalition's End, one of the novels.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Clay got a mention in Coalitions End, Baird just noted the Clay was near a pigpen metering to the pigs "bacon". Also the Ben wrote a letter to Clay and gave it marcus before he died and marcus gave the letter to Clay.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Clay got a mention in Coalitions End, Baird just noted the Clay was near a pigpen metering to the pigs "bacon". Also the Ben wrote a letter to Clay and gave it marcus before he died and marcus gave the letter to Clay.
    In this book have they already met Clay?

Well people wanted him to live and they got it. I still say he should have died, only seems right.
    Signature removed, over allowed size

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shifty Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bspencer View Post
    Well people wanted him to live and they got it. I still say he should have died, only seems right.
    100% agreed. It's tradition after all. I was so disappointed to see him live Felt wrong.
    Gears of War - 920/1250
    Gears of War 2 - 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 - 1900/2000
    Gears of War: J - 725/1000

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RYRYdaPLATYPUS

Quote Originally Posted by Croswynd View Post
    Incorrect. It's within a year of E-Day already having happened. 1 A.E.
    Ohhh ye I meant 15 years before gears 1 not e-day. Oops
    COG: Dom/Baird/A.Carmine LOCUST:Beast Rider/Sniper/Kantus

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RYRYProduction

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doctor Pie 7056

Odds are they were gonna kill him at the helicopter scene and he wasn't in the story due to it not fitting
    I have a shotgun
    Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Pie 7056 View Post
    Odds are they were gonna kill him at the helicopter scene and he wasn't in the story due to it not fitting
    I don't think him being killed off in the crash would've prevented him being in the story longer. I think it's more a case of too many characters or he was going to be killed off earlier than the ending, or both.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dude527

I'm willing to bet the story was done and the script was done at that point. The showing we got at E3 2010 was a fairly complete-looking build in the campaign bit, complete with the voice acting. The Carmine Campaign came AFTER that, so I would say it's safe to assume that the storyline was written assuming that Carmine died. When he was voted up to live, all they had to do was not give him that death scene.
    Gears nut from the very start with Gears 1 in 2006. Dedicated and proud.
    Gears of War 2 Limited Edition - [x] | Gears of War 3 Epic Edition - [x]
    Gears 1: Preferred COG - Marcus. Preferred Locust - RAAM.
    Gears 2 (\\*//): Preferred COG - Marcus, A. Carmine. Preferred Locust - RAAM, Skorge. (Golden Guns)
    Gears 3 (Level 66): Preferred COG - Sam, Barrick, Classic Marcus. Preferred Locust - RAAM. (Golden Gnasher, Infected Omen Lancer)

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Because KT tried to place characters from the three (at the time) books, multiple comics and other merchandise into a 10-hour video-game. It can't be done. She attempted her best at including all the favorites, but at the cost of giving some characters their due in terms of characterization, personality and background info/closure.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheVacantThrone

It would've been nice to have a bit more involvement after that 'live or die' campaign.
    Gears of War: 29/57 - 560G
    Gears of War 2: 78/79 - 1700G - Reached Level 100/100
    Gears of War 3: 72/82 - 1620G - Current Level 396 /400
    FUNK VOLUME 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJj88Oq3nA < Hip Hop fans: ENJOY!

Iron Guard
    On Mount Kadar, desperately holding back a locust counteroffensive.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mortabunt

We've been trolled!
    [Fan Fic Writers Support Group]

Blood, death, carnage? Sounds like heaven to me

MSgt. Shooter Person

The whole Save Carmine campaign was a huge disappointed at least in my opinion. Before the game's release they that made it a big deal but when the game is released you really only see him in one campaign (I don't count that scene with him in the heli too short) bad character development, Epic doesn't really show us why Clayton should live so you can't really get attached to his character personally I liked Ben better at least you know more of his story. It made me wonder why they didn't just kill him that honestly would make more sense considering how much actual screen time he has, worst part is they can't even really development his character because the next Gears game is Judgment and I doubt that will have anything to do with other then Cole and Baird.
    Preferred COG: Benjamin Carmine Preferred Locust: General RAAM

Perferred Rifle: GOLD Lancer / Perferred Shotgun: ONYX Gnasher

Gnasher Master / First Prestige 69

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Because GoW3 was written by KT and she writes novels... GoW3 on the other hand is a game. Her and Epic tried to fit everyone from the books, from the comics, from every other medium into the main game and that meant people got very short parts. Bernie, a far more important character to Delta Squad and overall of more importance, only got one battle. The defense at Anvil Gate.

It was more like cameos than anything.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Trololol Girl

Quote Originally Posted by savagelocust View Post
    Cliff wanted him to die. He probably wasn't happy about people wanting him to live, so they gave him little screentime. I'm glad he lived. Screw "tradition". People who wanted him to die just because of that must want the entire Carmine family to die out.
    So Cliff is a sore loser then

I'm sorry, but I just don't like Karen Traviss. I don't like her work. Deal with it.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by savagelocust View Post
    Cliff wanted him to die. He probably wasn't happy about people wanting him to live, so they gave him little screentime. I'm glad he lived. Screw "tradition". People who wanted him to die just because of that must want the entire Carmine family to die out.
    Nope, there are numerous reasons towards wanting his death. Plus, the family may not have died out, still no new word on the fourth brother or the mother.