Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Sieg009 View Post
    The Forbidden Kingdom.

Monkey king is trapped as a statue, but managed to leave a clone behind before he was turned into a statue. His clone wanders around looking for "The Seeker of the Staff," who can free his original self from his stone prison.

Monkey king, Sun Wukong = Ausar
    Siris = Monkey king clone
    Monkey king staff = infinity blade

Maybe the infinity blade can free Ausar. It has been used kind of like a key before.

The idea of a clone freeing his original self just reminded me of the movie.
    dude! Mind = blown

great first post. Welcome to the boards

yes I like this idea. If I remember right, the clone of Sun Wukong wasn't a "clone" per se, more like a "reincarnation." I think he was imprisoned as a statue, but his soul escaped and looked for a suitable body or something like that. You actually hit the nail right on the head there though, because the concept of reincarnation fits perfectly into the idea of a Deathless person. Instead of being reincarnated as something else, they've figured out how to be reincarnated into themselves.

I also love the idea the Infinity Blade could even be remotely related to Dragonball/Z/GT (in japanese Sun Wukong's name is "San-Goku")

Quote Originally Posted by ElPared View Post
    dude! Mind = blown

great first post. Welcome to the boards

yes I like this idea. If I remember right, the clone of Sun Wukong wasn't a "clone" per se, more like a "reincarnation." I think he was imprisoned as a statue, but his soul escaped and looked for a suitable body or something like that. You actually hit the nail right on the head there though, because the concept of reincarnation fits perfectly into the idea of a Deathless person. Instead of being reincarnated as something else, they've figured out how to be reincarnated into themselves.

I also love the idea the Infinity Blade could even be remotely related to Dragonball/Z/GT (in japanese Sun Wukong's name is "San-Goku")
    Thanks. Actually though, Wukong, the monkey king has the ability to turn a strand of his hair into a clone. He can make many clones this way. It is part of monkey king lore. Not relevant though, I guess.

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Sieg009 View Post
    Thanks. Actually though, Wukong, the monkey king has the ability to turn a strand of his hair into a clone. He can make many clones this way. It is part of monkey king lore. Not relevant though, I guess.
    It could be. I only know Monkey King lore from the movie "The Forbidden Kingdom." But now that I think of it, in that movie the main character was the "Seeker of the Staff," and Jackie Chan's character turned out to be the clone of Wukong you were talking about.

anyway, I doubt Sun Wukong will completely explain the story, but it does make my whole idea about the clone come together a bit

I think he is infected by the deadless when he gets that green arrow in his head and if jou look good is there a sort of robot that follows jou he is cloning you all the time and siris's memorys cant he get back so wen he free the worker he called ausar and at that moment he remembers his history and he dont now how he get cloned but jou now

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hasn't this been settled by the podcast??

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by decafjava View Post
    Hasn't this been settled by the podcast??
    How? Mustard uses the word "clone" twice, but never makes a definitive statement about clones. "may be a clone, may be a....."

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't even refering to Siris,

But yes, I think that podcast strengthened this theory significantly
    "Everberry Pie is to die for!"---Raidriar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oov4sUHDG3I -IB1 Story Slideshow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12