Default Can't play online

Okay, so today I play was playing as normal and then I decide to back out and let my brother play on a Skyrim. Once he went out I put gears back on and it says that my current settings do not allow me to play online.

I looked at some of the other post saying about bans but I very rarely play gears and everything has been okay since today and I have NEVER modded/hacked and I need to know whats up.

My brothers account is banned but hes never put gears of war in since his ban ( if this effects me playing )

Thanks.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

banned for modding or hacking, no way back out of it. Not playing Gears again on that xbox or gametag.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnasherBeast View Post
    banned for modding or hacking, no way back out of it. Not playing Gears again on that xbox or gametag.
    Okay, so my brother came round to my house on his banned account to play Skyrim and as soon as he signs in it bans my console from playing gears of war?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SavageHITMAN View Post
    Okay, so my brother came round to my house on his banned account to play Skyrim and as soon as he signs in it bans my console from playing gears of war?
    sounds like what happened, yeah. The whole console is banned from Gears 3.

sounds like what happened, yeah. The whole console is banned from Gears 3.
    Do you know how I can contact an admin?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

look at the very bottom of the page, says Contact Forum Admin.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

Do you know how I can contact an admin?
    when people are banned, it bans their profile and every xbox they play on. bans are permanent, it wont be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    when people are banned, it bans their profile and every xbox they play on. bans are permanent, it wont be reversed.
    I'm sorry but that is a load of rubbish, I get my brother to come and play Skyrim and my console gets banned for it.

Veteran
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

I get my brother to come and play Skyrim and my console gets banned for it.
    Pretty much, you should blame your bro for modding the game and getting you both banned.
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Ninja View Post
    Pretty much, you should blame your bro for modding the game and getting you both banned.
    Have they recently just started banning consoles? because he got banned around 3 week after the release date and he's came over to my house before and played other games before.

This is not right wouldn't of been bothered it I had an old xbox but I have the Gow 3 slim .

Veteran
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

Have they recently just started banning consoles? because he got banned around 3 week after the release date and he's came over to my house before and played other games before.

This is not right wouldn't of been bothered it I had an old xbox but I have the Gow 3 slim .
    I think it started around TU4 (a few months ago).
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

I'm sorry but that is a load of rubbish, I get my brother to come and play Skyrim and my console gets banned for it.
    it is part of the agreement you agree to when signing up for xbox live. do not allow modded profiles on your xbox. be glad its not an xbox ban. every profile that plays on your xbox will be banned too, a little fyi so you dont accidently get friend who come over to play banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    it is part of the agreement you agree to when signing up for xbox live. do not allow modded profiles on your xbox. be glad its not an xbox ban. every profile that plays on your xbox will be banned too, a little fyi so you dont accidently get friend who come over to play banned.
    So the account im currently using also has a ban, or is that until I change xboxes

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan覧Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Wouldn't happen.
    You can have a banned account on your Xbox - however that will not effect your console UNTIL you start Gears 3. Epic doesn't have access to follow a account and check what console it's on UNTIL Gears 3 is started up and you push "Start" on that screen where it Downloads the playlist. In this process it sends off your Console ID along with your Profile ID.

So if you got banned. Your brother booted Gears 3 up -- or this is the case of another: My "brother" did it.

Also Joe Graf did a ban wave this week that banned those added to his list. When you use any developer medal, weapon skin or jump insanely high in stats -- you're added to the list to be banned during the next ban wave. Conveniently after this ban wave - you come here.
    Or your brother played GoW3 on your console between the last ban wave and the recent one.
    Last edited by LambentHammerburst; 06-02-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Wouldn't happen.
    You can have a banned account on your Xbox - however that will not effect your console UNTIL you start Gears 3. Epic doesn't have access to follow a account and check what console it's on UNTIL Gears 3 is started up and you push "Start" on that screen where it Downloads the playlist. In this process it sends off your Console ID along with your Profile ID.

So if you got banned. Your brother booted Gears 3 up -- or this is the case of another: My "brother" did it.
    Yes he was on GoW 3 menu before going on Skyrim, do you know if the account im using is will be allowed to play gears when I get a new comsole?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

That would do it.
    Nope, if your account is banned - you will need to create a whole new account.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

That would do it.
    Nope, if your account is banned - you will need to create a whole new account.
    I know what you said answers my question but I just want to confirm.
    so the account im using did not get banned but I can't play online because the console is banned, so that means if I get a new console I will be able to play online?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Your account is banned to. Your console gets flagged - then all accounts that use it get banned.
    So it's your console AND now your account.

So you need a new console + new account.
    PopeAdrian37th

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Your account is banned to. Your console gets flagged - then all accounts that use it get banned.
    So it's your console AND now your account.

So you need a new console + new account.
    this. its like a virus. your brother infected your xbox. your xbox infected you, and will infect anyone who dares to play on it

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by kracker kid View Post
    this. Its like a virus. Your brother infected your xbox. Your xbox infected you, and will infect anyone who dares to play on it
    it's spreading ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's spreading ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can have my account lol

I might just go to my friends house who play gears and " infect " him.

Does anyone know if bans will carry on to future games made by EPIC?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Does anyone know if bans will carry on to future games made by EPIC?
    Entirely possible. Some of the GoW2 bans carried over, some didn't.
    Likely the accounts that got the initial ban will carry over.
    PopeAdrian37th

Entirely possible. Some of the GoW2 bans carried over, some didn't.
    Likely the accounts that got the initial ban will carry over.
    Knowing my luck I'll be banned from every game from EPIC.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Knowing my luck I'll be banned from every game from EPIC.
    If you were the original one to be banned - expect it (just saying this because basically EVERYONE banned blames a friend/brother/dog [and yes Flak did get one saying their dog caused it]). Not directly saying you were at fault - however experience on these forums.....
    PopeAdrian37th

If you were the original one to be banned - expect it (just saying this because basically EVERYONE banned blames a friend/brother/dog [and yes Flak did get one saying their dog caused it]). Not directly saying you were at fault - however experience on these forums.....
    I Don't blame you for saying as I have seen threads of people blaming there friends and whatnot but I can assure i'm not the one whos modded/hacked hopefully when Flak or anyone sees this im going to ask them to look at my stats.

User Moderator

Bans are all permanent. You need to get a new Xbox and make a new account in order to play again Gears 3 online.