MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Megatron3107

Default No more boomers to come from NECA

unfortunatley the factory with the tooling of the boomer base and much of the COG soldier (presumably kantus and skorge too) has closed and packed up taking the tooling with it, no more boomers

was really looking forward to the grinder and butcher too...

source
    https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/207636771452878848
    I can no longer defend Gears of War as of 15/12/2012
    "play as you want" unless you want to play as locust...you can't do that...
    My purchase of GOWJ now rests firmly on whether or not HORDE and/or BEAST are returning as seperate game modes
    not touching regular MP with a 10ft sterilised barge pole...being held by someone else...who I dont like...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lonely Bunnies

And just like that I think I'm done collecting Gears of War figures. The Boomers were seriously some of the only figures I was looking forward to. Neca is making disappointing their customers a habit now.
    Huge Thanks To!
    Cher - for the Mechanic Baird, Savage Grenadier Elite & Alex Brand codes I Flak - for the SDCC 2012 Exclusive Theron Elite figure
    III Lycan III - for the Commando Dom code I NFI - for the Savage Kantus & Adam Fenix codes
    Cher & Flak - for the Season Pass code I KoalaBear - for help getting the Ivory Skin I Yosoypr - for the Jungle Tai code

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

tbh Im feeling the same, though it is the factory's fault.

Im pretty sure the tooling should have remained theirs though, dont know ins and outs but they paid the tens of thousands for the tools to make the boomers and the factory just closes and makes off with them...
    My purchase of GOWJ now rests firmly on whether or not HORDE and/or BEAST are returning as seperate game modes
    not touching regular MP with a 10ft sterilised barge pole...being held by someone else...who I dont like...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxFatGummyHeadx

bootleg boomers from china ....i bet .....

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I understand where they are coming from with the factory issues. I've seen it happen with other companies as well. But they had an awful long time to at least try to get these Boomers out. I've seen them tease them so many times to just one day say "Well we're not making them after all." just seems so unbelievably lame.

You would think so considering the amount of money I'm sure they paid for the licensing alone. It doesn't really make much sense to me either how they could just take them and leave. I remember the exact same thing happening a few years ago with their Cult Classics Zombie Ed from Shaun of the Dead.
    Huge Thanks To!
    Cher - for the Mechanic Baird, Savage Grenadier Elite & Alex Brand codes I Flak - for the SDCC 2012 Exclusive Theron Elite figure
    III Lycan III - for the Commando Dom code I NFI - for the Savage Kantus & Adam Fenix codes
    Cher & Flak - for the Season Pass code I KoalaBear - for help getting the Ivory Skin I Yosoypr - for the Jungle Tai code

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Well that's a load of crap.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xx MATT71 xx PSN ID: Matt_vt_Schlo1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Water View Post
    And just like that I think I'm done collecting Gears of War figures. The Boomers were seriously some of the only figures I was looking forward to. Neca is making disappointing their customers a habit now.
    I agree...they used to handle things great, now its just a series of excuses....and that new gog soldier they showed off....wanna bet he's huge like the 3rd Carmine fig is?
    Epic: thank you for a great run!!!!! and I forgive you for Judgment!!!!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Man, that sucks.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IXI Kantus IXI

Very disappointing day for Gears collectors...
    Last edited by P. Carmine; 06-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Level 95 and counting! VG here I come Hurricane Irene didnt hurt me

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
    I agree...they used to handle things great, now its just a series of excuses....and that new gog soldier they showed off....wanna bet he's huge like the 3rd Carmine fig is?
    That was one of the reason I passed on Clay when I saw him in stores. I know there are scale issues already but that was just way too off for me. Plus the quality control is still complete garbage, I managed to find one Mauler at my local TRU. When I opened it at home it's arms completely snapped off the shoulder joints. Still waiting on customer service to give me a hand. TRU would have replaced it but they were sold out and had no more cases on order. At least their L4D figures are managing to keep my interest, that is assuming they do make more than the two shown.
    Huge Thanks To!

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CHEEZMO619

Quote Originally Posted by swbruni View Post
    bootleg boomers from china ....i bet .....
    I'M in..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    "I WOULD RATHER LIVE ONE DAY AS A WARRIOR THAN 100YRS AS A COWARD" THERE IS NO ANSWER FOR THE LANCER
    GANGSTER YOUTUBE EGFC member #187
    Big thanks to Karma Cop, III LYCAN III , tyrvas and MOMMA CHER
    Gears of War COG ammo box

DropBox Referral

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Also, this is unrelated, but here's the COG Soldier.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7788008&type=3
    Huge Thanks To!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Also, this is unrelated, but here's the COG Soldier.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7788008&type=3
    Hmmmmm not bad. He was the only one in the next set i was looking forward to and he looks pretty good at the moment, i hope the retro comes with him.
    Last edited by Parasidian; 05-31-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

I'm tired of retros. I want more bloody lancers and such. I have three flaming hammerbursts, two of them being real and one being an obvious bootleg that came with my RAAM, and a flaming lancer. I want real lancers, dammit! And while they're at it, I want another bloody lancer replica! I'm tired of Retro Lancers. That's a pretty decent looking Cog soldier though, idk why they couldn't get Clay's head right like they did that one.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I'm actually digging the look of this COG soldier, I might pick him up with the Savage Therons.

I would personally prefer more Retros. I've been collecting Gears figures since GoW Series 1, I have more than my share of Lancers. As a matter of fact I think I have like 5 just sitting in a box. If he does come with a Retro I wouldn't mind, I do hope that him (and the other figures) come with more than one weapon unlike series 1&2. I agree with that though, Clay looked weird and his mask reminded me too much of a wasp or some other insect like that.
    Huge Thanks To!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by N1ssassa View Post
    I'm tired of retros. I want more bloody lancers and such. I have three flaming hammerbursts, two of them being real and one being an obvious bootleg that came with my RAAM, and a flaming lancer. I want real lancers, dammit! And while they're at it, I want another bloody lancer replica! I'm tired of Retro Lancers. That's a pretty decent looking Cog soldier though, idk why they couldn't get Clay's head right like they did that one.

Dude i have like 4 extra lancers. I thought everyone did?? and wow that COG looks sick can't wait to paint a golden one!!!
    and can't wait to paint the retro team metal!!!
    Last edited by d JonnY cL10 b; 06-03-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    If your Win/Loss is threw the roof then your Kill/Death isn't impressive. Sorry.
    Gears of war since 06'
    Will the Real Mechanic Baird please stand up?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

See, I only recently began collecting figures. I really want to pick up the Therons and soldier as well. I want therons for my display/diorama, and I'll get an extra of each to hang on my wall in the box, along with the soldier. Just recently got 8 figures for 150 bucks, I was quite pleased. Among them was a Flame Thrower Grenadier, Jace, and both Theron Armor Dom and Marcus.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Not meaning to sound harsh, but if NECA pulled their finger out, they could either A) come up with a new sculpt (encouraging the requested upscaling, and more detail and articulation), or B) Don't be retards and get rid of all the sculpting stuff. This means NECA didn't even keep the negatives of the original mold which is just stupid.

This line is getting worse all the time.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xICooRsYIx

i have enough COG soldiers, but its pretty lame that we wont be seeing any more boomers. 2 isnt nearly enough.

-xICooRsYIx
    My Gears of War Collection!!

My Youtube Channel
    Subscribe.Comment.Like.PLEASE!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

i suggested this, I said why not just start over with the boomer as a deluxe figure but they said they would rather put out new figures they haven't done before. which probably means 3-4 new Marcus's (or Baird's considering Judgment) and more re-uses, for the locust I don't mind but I'm not a huge lover of the COG figures. they also said it would be too $$$ to do yet surely the return on a deluxe boomer would be worth the money, I try to push the issue but it just gets ignored :/

as a whole even I'm losing interest in the line, I'm currently deciding whether or not to even bother with the COG side anymore and I certainly won't be buying any lambent, don't even like them in the game so won't buy the figure of it. I used to buy every figure to support the line and eventually get the best characters out but since two of the best (grinder and butcher) are no longer happening what's the point?

despite this I think we should keep pushing for the deluxe boomer, if enough of us support it they'll have to consider it

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I'm with you 100% there. The Boomer only needs to be slightly tweaked in size to make it more game accurate. Right now he just looks like a really fat drone on the shelves. The Gears line is obviously successful enough to at least give it a try, the locust almost always sell out as fast as they are released. I would not mind seeing a deluxe Boomer somewhere in the 25-35 dollar range depending on how they would make him. Just look at Mcfarlane's Halo 3 Hunters they were accurately scaled for less than $25, I know they are on different scale ranges. But even if Nece were to make one Boomer as big as one of those Hunters it would be accurately scaled.

I'm honestly feeling the same way, unless there is some amazing news from this series come Comic-Con I might just stop after buying the Savage Therons. The wait between series is just ridiculous too, considering that besides series 1&2 of GoW3 all are basically reused sculpts. I really hope they don't make any lambent figures either, I wasn't overly fond of them in the game myself. They were cool and all but I didn't once think that I would want any of them on my shelf. It just seems to me like this line is losing steam already. I'm going to guess that we'll get two... maybe 3 more series in GoW3 and they will ditch the line for Judgement.

I'm all for supporting a deluxe Boomer. I was fine with the scale issue before because we were getting so many variants. But now that it's been confirmed we are not, I think this topic should be pushed at Neca again.
    Huge Thanks To!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

feel free to throw it too them, think they're tired of talking to me about it :/

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I think they're tired of talking to anyone who rightfully criticizes their work. :/
    Huge Thanks To!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

I think they're tired of talking to anyone who rightfully criticizes their work. :/
    Quoted for truth.

Like I've said before, NECA don't take well to complaints. Upscaled Boomer FTW, or at least re-sculpting the parts to continue releasing them. I'd gladly scarifice my Boomers to NECA for reverse engineering for parts
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears