Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MSgt. Shooter Person

I play solo mostly, very rarely with a full team of friends. Theres nothing wrong with going into a qm with a stacked team. Like I said before it has the option to leave with no penalty people should use it instead of complaining who they are against.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: St Jesus Christ PSN ID: Assassio

I'd say go play ranked... but it's a free country I guess.
    Eater of Worlds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Gear View Post
    I'd say go play ranked... but it's a free country I guess.
    0 players in koth ranked every eveninjg this week when I have been on . Can't play ranked koth because no one else is either . And as I and others said ranked tends to be very competitive players taking it very seriously and quick people seem to have a bit more respect and open to having a laugh. Anyway I am finished explaining I think we covered it thanks guys

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

Ranked KOTH in UK doesn't exist so I can understand where You coming from.
    It would be wrong in my opinion to play full team in quick match but I know from experience that sometimes it's impossible to find ranked match.
    In Gears 2 I played ranked Annex mostly even without team, in Gears 3 I wouldn't go play ranked with full team.
    I don't want to play against 5 MLG wannabies pussies camping with riffles all game, not to mention that most top UK players who played Annex in Gears 2 are mofos running with mods.
    Last edited by ll ALEX76 ll; 05-31-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Getting old

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: presc1ence

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    0 players in koth ranked every eveninjg this week when I have been on . Can't play ranked koth because no one else is either . And as I and others said ranked tends to be very competitive players taking it very seriously and quick people seem to have a bit more respect and open to having a laugh. Anyway I am finished explaining I think we covered it thanks guys
    well if you play ransked thats at least 5, maybe if you did another stacked team woudl join you.

TBH i don't care about stacked teams 90% of the time, until your start teabaggin and humpin me even though I'm the only human on my team. well done stacked team guys, you beat a lone wolf, well done.......

Then when i find my feet and smash them , they quit and hate mail.

That's why people hate stacked teams.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: presc1ence

double post , ooops
    Last edited by not presc1ence; 05-31-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by llMurall View Post
    This is the most important post in the thread so far. Instead of both sides being inconsiderate of each other, lets consider what can be done to solve it. Make this happen and threads like this will never happen again.
    There is nothing to solve as there are no issues. This is a want, not a need.

We are stranded is a ghost town. Most ppl couldn't care about playing against parties andot shows. Those other playlists will be just as vacant. This "issue" doesn't matter much otherwise stranded would have a higher pop.

There is a stark contradiction by many in this thread. Pepople are aimng quick doesnt matter, its practice, etc etc. However the teams in QM are bothering ppl as they cant win. Who cares its casual anyway right?

If a random hates quick use the ability to leave, no one forces anyone to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysodie View Post
    It's not really fair for the people without parties, the stacked team will usually, more often than not destroy the other team.

Same thing in ranked. It's not fair for solo players who like ranked. It goes both ways. The reality is nothing is unfair about it in any fashion. Everyone has the same opportunities.

Max party count for QM should be 3 players, no more, any higher and you should be playing ranked.

No it shouldn't. Quick match is not a Solo, casual or tune up playlist. No rational logic says you should have to go anywhere. Ranked is not a team destination.

It's ironic, people state parties should have to play ranked that don't want to..

And remember, while you may have plenty of friends to party up with, many others don't and while it may be fun for you, others will not enjoy the game anywhere near as much
    But then they contradict themselves to do the same thing. Forcing ppl into playlists they don't want has the same effect.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-31-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

-Sigh.

Nothing wrong with Stacks of 5 in QM. As long as they're not utter idiots about it and proceed to hump, or scream abuse at you, let them do whatever they like.

Coming from the UK, I find it incredibly hard to find a ranked game of anything but TDM, so if I want to play with my team, it's quick match for us.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'd only play Stranded if more people were in the playlists. I'll play private matches if I want to shoot up bots.

I don't necessarily mind 5 man teams, but this whole notion of "well if you don't like it, then quit and find another match" is stupid as hell. Personally, I stay and take my losses. There's nothing more irritating then losing to a team one match and then next match if your team is going to win, the other team starts quitting out. Grow a pair and show some integrity.
    No retreat, No surrender, No defeat!

Redeemer
    hiding in the slab :D with a sawed-off waiting For You to find me XD

Quote Originally Posted by COG Ghost View Post
    Grow a pair and show some integrity.
    No one likes to lose, Get it ?
    Even the winners quit after they win :/

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brash Smurf

I always run a 5 man team in QM its a team game.

Don't like it, I don't care.

I play for my enjoyment not yours

Now before anyone argues that I be considerate of other players how many of you don't kill people on the opposite team because they might not have fun when they die
    Last edited by Brash Smurf; 05-31-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Iron Guard

Don't think it matters too much, not in EU in my experience,
    If its a 5 man team & they have any skill, they will end up playing bots for the most! :-)

I tried just the other day, I run solo mostly,
    Was rolling with the top 3 ranked QM TDM player and his mates,
    Needless to say we decimated the other team, but before we could finish the round even, ppl just quit out.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dan Ace X

I don't mind it. Just because there's a party of five it doesn't mean they're "stacked". If I had a nickle for every party I've seen rage quit...
    Gears 2: 1750/1750 - Veteran Gear 5/16/10
    Gears 3: 2000/2000 - Seriously 3.0 7/25/12
    Horde 2.0: 12,493 waves won - 85,405 kills

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

I have no problem at all with teams playing quick. It's quicker to get into matches. Therefore more time playing Gears, when many times time is limited and valuable. All this = more fun. I play quick with randoms all the time and continually beat teams of 5. If you have good players (randoms) and play as a team to a degree it really don't matter. You can easily beat "teams" cause you know what. Us randoms playing together is a team. Albiet you don't know the strengths and if they will revive you and all the other things, but if you are worth a lick you should be able to roll with it.

When I play on my night. Whatever that is. Usually a Friday. I play with a group of about 3, 4 or 5 guys. We play quick so we can play more. Plus my friends like it. They really hate waiting for games every time around. So do I really. I just want to play. Most of my team is below average. Well below to be honest. Good guys though and we have fun. Just because it's a team does not mean they are good and will run the table. If I brought my friends to ranked we wouldn't win as much and it gets old carrying the team. In ranked my back would break. LOL.

It's just a game. Stop hating. Play whatever game type you like. I've never received anything like "Go play ranked". I just get the you suck and so on. I think last night playing Brothers to TE I got about 6 messages. 3 from one guy. Every team we played ended up quitting. Fun times.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ace X View Post
    I don't mind it. Just because there's a party of five it doesn't mean they're "stacked". If I had a nickle for every party I've seen rage quit...
    Agreed. That said, my unstacked team will usually give it a go and may take 3 or 4 beatings before moving on. Sometimes it's sponging, but the fact that my guys will go 1-10 don't help things. :>
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RustToxicated

I'm with my whole opinion.
    Qm and Rm are for different people, if your a clan and you want challenging people play ranked if you don't then play quick.
    No one should be forced to do anything, play the game to have fun , that's what I do. If you don't like playing against the full team your facing , leave.
    It's not hard, and if they smack you with trash talk and t bagging and humping , ignore it and laugh at them.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Brash Smurf View Post
    I always run a 5 man team in QM its a team game.

Don't like it, I don't care.

I play for my enjoyment not yours

Now before anyone argues that I be considerate of other players how many of you don't kill people on the opposite team because they might not have fun when they die
    I agree. I play for fun, plain and simple. QM is fun for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    I have a group of friends and we play in Quickmatch all the time.
    Why? Just because we are a team doesn't mean we are competitive. Brocust Drone and Autopsychotic are 2 that are commonly in my group.
    A team doesn't = competitive.
    I play for the enjoyment of the game. Quickmatch allows that.
    I search, get into a game, match ends and it goes straight into the next. More matches, more fun.
    Why I hate Ranked. I spend half the time searching for next match and being in a lobby screen.

So applying "A team of 5 should be in Ranked" is kinda a mute point - as MANY who play in a group are just 5 friends who are casual gamers. I may be a 76 blue - but that doesn't mean I'm competitive in Gears 3 at all.
    Just thought I would quote this again as it still remains the best response so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123