Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thanks, Silver. The problem is when i just started a NG and i can not found XP or GOLD gems, and 10 RBs aren't enough, i think i'll give it more RBs.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If I am lucky enough to finally acquire the Vile armor, is it immediately lost upon a new NG+?

Also, where is the best place to get the map for the Vile Helm, as well as the Key Map?

Thanks! Am really starting to love the game & I know many of you are level 1000+, but I just hit 100 after having to start over at level 1 after my level 93 somehow disappeared. Woot!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Motleyscrew View Post
    If I am lucky enough to finally acquire the Vile armor, is it immediately lost upon a new NG+?
    ANY time you start a NG+ you lose all gold, items, etc. You only take your stats to the next NG+ No exceptions (exception for IAP Gold). The answer to any question containing "Do I lose X item if I start a NG+" is always Yes. Yes you do.

Also, where is the best place to get the map for the Vile Helm, as well as the Key Map?
    Watch the store each new Rebirth for these maps. I got both from the store.

MSgt. Shooter Person

One more question..... On the 3 pointed gem it says "On5Combo get xxx health"' What is "5Combo"?

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Farfield View Post
    Thanks, Silver. The problem is when i just started a NG and i can not found XP or GOLD gems, and 10 RBs aren't enough, i think i'll give it more RBs.
    Equip perk drop gem when not opening chests, you'll get a few that way, then forge them together. And repeat.

I've just come out of a 4 RB NG and managed to forge a +106% XP Gem in my 3rd RB. It does work.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

MSgt. Shooter Person

Who do you make a Voodoo doll of when you find out your +200 attack stat gem and perfect block damage gem have disappeared from your infinity blade... Grr. (yes, the question is rhetorical and I'm venting)
    **Goes back to Gem Forge**

Redeemer

One more question..... On the 3 pointed gem it says "On5Combo get xxx health"' What is "5Combo"?
    a 5combo is literally a 5-hit combo that you perform...i.e. with light / S+S weapons L-R-U-D-L

MSgt. Shooter Person

Paga Circle Ring? I just read a quick eve fence of it, but no nothing of how to obtain or make it.

Deathless
    Last edited by gr00veh0lmes; 06-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Redeemer

Paga Circle Ring? I just read a quick eve fence of it, but no nothing of how to obtain or make it.
    you can also buy it in the store....

Deathless

Thought so, but wasn't sure if it was locked item in OG.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by gr00veh0lmes View Post
    Thought so, but wasn't sure if it was locked item in OG.
    I think the cog is the only ring locked in OG

MSgt. Shooter Person

Comparison between single & dual wield weapons. Let's say for example a dual wielded weapon is rated for 75 damage. And a single wield weapon is rated at 100 damage. Are the dual wield weapons actually stronger (75x2 =150) or is that not how it works?

Thanks much!

Deathless

it's not the damage per hit that makes dual the weapon of choice, it how many times you can strike during a break.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Though the best dual weapon is strong enough. The strongest is gelder with 845 attack pts. If this is x, then max damage:

5 hits:
    Dual: x-x-2x-2x-2x=8x
    Light: x-x-x-x-3x=7x
    Heavy: ?

7 hits:
    Dual: x-x-2x-2x-2x-2x-3x=13x
    Light: x-x-x-x-3x-x-2x=10x

9 hits:
    Dual: x-x-2x-2x-2x-2x-2x-2x-3x=17x
    Light: x-x-x-x-3x-x-x-2,5x-x=12,5x

This is if there were equally long attack windows
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

Say, am I supposed to tap with two fingers when there are two tap bubbles? I encountered this once and wasnt sure what to do...

Another thing Ive come across sometimes is that while fighting my character would suddenly rise hands upward in a circular movement (it looks like he's healing but there's no light and sound effect whatsoever). Although it is kinda funny it leaves my character vulnerable and I cant cancel it. Is this a glitch?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Squashy View Post
    Say, am I supposed to tap with two fingers when there are two tap bubbles? I encountered this once and wasnt sure what to do...
    whenever there are 'tap bubbles' or stabbing circles (from a super attack or parry break) i always use 4 fingers ( my pointer and middle fingers on both hands)...

i've never heard about this raising hands issue...

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    Though the best dual weapon is strong enough. The strongest is gelder with 845 attack pts. If this is x, then max damage:

5 hits:
    Dual: x-x-2x-2x-2x=8x
    Light: x-x-x-x-3x=7x

7 hits:
    Dual: x-x-2x-2x-2x-2x-3x=13x
    Light: x-x-x-x-3x-x-2x=10x

9 hits:
    Dual: x-x-2x-2x-2x-2x-2x-2x-3x=17x
    Light: x-x-x-x-3x-x-x-2,5x-x=12,5x

This is if there were equally long attack windows
    this necessary info should be posted in SAB's guide...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Am I correct that with dual wield weapons, your character is not actually using the shield? If so, does that mean all my stat raising gems on my shield are pointless when using a duel wield?

Thanks.

Redeemer

Am I correct that with dual wield weapons, your character is not actually using the shield? If so, does that mean all my stat raising gems on my shield are pointless when using a duel wield?

Thanks.
    when using dual weapons, any gems equipped to the shield or any stat points attached to the shield ARE added to your overall stats / build...so the answer to your question is no.

definitely utilize gem slots on a shield when using dual weapons

Redeemer

Will two equipped perk gems hinder each other? Let's say I equip a gold drop 200% and an item drop 300%, will that be unbeneficial?

Redeemer

using only one type of perk drop at a time is the recommended procedure...

there was a thread about this awhile back (by darthduck, i believe)...I can't find the thread in the search, but the findings of the thread indicated that using different type of perk drop gems simultaneously just negates the effectiveness...

Redeemer

Anybody can tell me how this crystal sh!t works?!! 9 out of 10 times I try drawing, the game ignores my effort!! I must say IB1 is really superior when it comes to touch response!

The water and the wind are also bloody hard to cast, but crystal pops up more frequently in rings...

Deathless

I don't know sorry. I don't use magic.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by NiiLoC View Post
    this necessary info should be posted in SAB's guide...
    Done, sorry it took so long. I've been busy with a little bit of save file trouble

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Goldnturanator

So im pretty new to IB2.. that being said i have a gem that says "On 5Combo Continue Combo" i know the 3,4,5 (huge, mega and ultra) hit sequences but after i do the ultra hit sequence my combo ends. I am just not understanding how to continue the combo.

Also im confused with some of the Acronyms...specifically OG. I read the Acronym thread and it states OG as IB1 now is that the first IB that was released? I just want to clarify. I have been reading some of these threads and they get a little confusing.
    Last edited by TRDN8R; 06-27-2012 at 05:48 PM.

How can i dodge/parry the attack from the giant monsters, the one that first is a hit in the floor with his two legs and then he come with all his body forward like if he want to splash me or something.

I'll try to get a picture from it, it's tough to explain.
    "He thought I'd betray my people, leave them to die. But he was wrong, so wrong. I will do my duty. For I am a king."
    -Raidriar

|Total 5:1|MX-Eliminator|Leg Fighter Pro|Ultimate God King Slayer|
    Percentage for every combo/hit - Every Class List
    Guide of every Hit Bound Break Window and Perfect Block/Parry caps

Redeemer

According to my experience, if it just slams with two feet, dont do anything. If it gets back a lil and then do that, it may continue with 3 consecutive headbutts, in which case I block them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashy View Post
    According to my experience, if it just slams with two feet, dont do anything. If it gets back a lil and then do that, it may continue with 3 consecutive headbutts, in which case I block them.
    No no, i think i didn't explain myself i don't mean the stepback, it's just a fast move, the titan hit his legs in the floor before he hits me. I'll find that video

MSgt. Shooter Person

How can i dodge/parry the attack from the giant monsters, the one that first is a hit in the floor with his two legs and then he come with all his body forward like if he want to splash me or something.

I'll try to get a picture from it, it's tough to explain.
    Ok...
    If u mean molochs... don't move (or just up block) when he hits the ground. Once he goes forward, he wants to bite u (or sometime just a headbutt). If it's a bite, u parry with an up slash.
    if it's a headbutt, u can block/up-block or dodge (right/left)

If the monster is the one in the cave, that's the Behemid, he as quite similar attack but also his right/left attack arm. U can dodge the attack by a twice right!

Guys i wanted to know, the term Pure Crack, it's valid if there's any damage from exhausted dodge? I've seen a lot of people using it, but what could be the rules in a way of speak?

Anything like:

Not being hit
    Not Super or Magic
    Gems?
    Not exhausted damage?

It's just a doubt that i have, i wish anyone could help me.

I'd like to add another question: What is the rule with the Stab opportunities? I know there is a bug of miss gestures or something but, when the stab circles are there, how many are suggested to stab?
    Last edited by Farfield; 07-10-2012 at 01:36 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

How do I defend against the Fel Siren and Mx-Stealth's low kick and attack combo I keep getting demolished by it, especially where they are now level 60? Also how do I block with heavy weapons, am I supposed to hold the button down or is it like dodge where you just tap it once?

Thanks,

War.

To block with Heavy weapons, you need to hold the button to the side of the attack. For example: if the titan it's attacking you with his sword from the left, then you block to the left. Heavy weapons have parry as well, and it's better in my opinion.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm staying in OG, I've been using dual for the most part but I've wanted to switch up my game play so I don't get bored, are heavy weapons viable for the high levels of og or should I switch back to dual, it seems like most people like using dual weapons.

Another question, this one is in regards to gems, if I have a gold+ gem and a drop gold gem and they are in two different pieces will they stack or do they have to be on the same item (armor, ring, weapon)?
    Last edited by Warlocklord; 07-10-2012 at 02:28 AM.

It doesn't matter where they be, the important thing is to be in the entirely character

For the higher levels i recommend Dual style. Has a great potential. Look at the Beginner thread by grantoe in the sticky threads and look for Dual Silver's guide, it's awesome.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocklord View Post
    How do I defend against the Fel Siren and Mx-Stealth's low kick and attack combo I keep getting demolished by it, especially where they are now level 60? Also how do I block with heavy weapons, am I supposed to hold the button down or is it like dodge where you just tap it once?

Thanks,

War.
    With dual weapons: double crouching or a coerced crouch (see silver's dual guide) will avoid both of these titan's low attack step backs...

Redeemer

Guys i wanted to know, the term Pure Crack, it's valid if there's any damage from exhausted dodge? I've seen a lot of people using it, but what could be the rules in a way of speak?

Anything like:

Not being hit
    Not Super or Magic
    Gems?
    Not exhausted damage?

It's just a doubt that i have, i wish anyone could help me.
    I have always understood the term 'pure crack' as finishing a fight without taking damage from the titan....

for instance, taking dodge exhaustion damage only would still make it a pure crack in my eyes...

MSgt. Shooter Person

I've read the guide, which has really helped but coerced dodging was one of the things I didn't understand, is it just holding dodge or something completely different?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocklord View Post
    I've read the guide, which has really helped but coerced dodging was one of the things I didn't understand, is it just holding dodge or something completely different?
    Yes, it is a timed release of a dodge button...usually done to dodge two attacks

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NiiLoC View Post
    Yes, it is a timed release of a dodge button...usually done to dodge two attacks
    I will have to try that out, in fact I'm just about to re-fight wood jester- who has kicked my butt 18 times in a row, I just can't figure out his movements i keep dodging into his attacks) do the titans get faster the higher their level, because it seems that way.
    Last edited by Warlocklord; 07-10-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast